Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41101 - 09/17/14 04:12 PM Re: Using Eleven Rack direct for live gig [Re: iwearglasses]
noguud Offline
advanced member

Loc: FL
Cool, glad that helped. Some of my rigs I think I have set that parameter as low as -6 to -8 or so...

#41110 - 09/18/14 05:33 AM Re: Using Eleven Rack direct for live gig [Re: noguud]
WAL Offline

I use an 11R direct to the PA from the XLR outs I am interested in why a DI box would be necessary and what it would do? How do you wire it in (from the XLR outs?). Do you need two (the 11R is sterso afterall?)

I DI the 11R into the desk from the XLRs and use Sennheiser in-ears. It sounds amazing out front, but shunted back through the in-ears from the aux of desk with the rest of the mix, it sounds fizzy and really ugly. I have taken to sending the (mono) monitor mix to a separate rack mixer and blending that with the output from the headphone jack of the 11R that has been run through a 32 band graphic to get rid of the fizz in my in-ear mix, so at least I can enjoy a sound that isn't fizzy on stage.

I did expect the in-ear mix to sound completely different to the out front PA mix simply because the PA speakers obviously contribute and colour the sound), but the in-ear sound - even with this rather convoluted set up isn't that great.

I would welcome any thoughts on getting a DI'ed sound that is good out front and the same in-ears.

#41111 - 09/18/14 08:02 AM Re: Using Eleven Rack direct for live gig [Re: WAL]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
depends on the in-ear. if you listen to the in-ear using a cd and it sounds good with not too much highs, then i would eq your rig to sound right with the in-ear. the PA can always boost highs if needed.

i make presets to work in the studio, so i always have to cut some highs. the eleven rack can be fizzy like any other modeler if not dialed in properly.

#41115 - 09/18/14 08:36 AM Re: Using Eleven Rack direct for live gig [Re: WAL]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
Originally Posted By: WAL
I use an 11R direct to the PA from the XLR outs I am interested in why a DI box would be necessary and what it would do? How do you wire it in (from the XLR outs?). Do you need two (the 11R is sterso afterall?)

You don't need a DI after the 11R. The XLR outs include a stereo DI box, that's why they are XLRs and they even have a ground lift switch. It's absolutely not necessary. Use the XLRs and forget about it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2