advanced member

Loc: Tampa Florida
Its Eleven Rack SNAFU my bruddah...sorry

#4631 - 02/14/11 11:28 AM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: Chucksweet]
Stratman + 11R Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Chucksweet
DrGit,

I am sorry we have not been able to get you an Eleven Rack. As you can imagine, they have been VERY popular. That being said we have had many shipments since our first order. In fact, we get new shipments every month. The problem is that they are so popular that they get presold or sold out before we can ever get them listed on our website.

If you really want one, the best thing to do is get it on order with us (via web or your sales engineer) and I promise you it will be filled soon. In fact, the next shipment is supposed to be here in a few weeks. And yes, they will have our custom presets installed in them.

Again, I apologize for the frustration.

Thanks,
Chuck

I also try to purchase one from Sweetwater and was told the same, lame story…

But Musicians Friend had one and a 15% discount also, so you know which company got my order!

As for Sweetwater presets… It’s lame to not provide this service to all musicians, Sweetwater’s attempt to keep clients, in fact will end up losing potential clients. Musicians do not like this type of lame service restrictions.

Received insurance check for stolen gear, now purchasing Axe FX II and Presonus 328 speakers

#4633 - 02/14/11 12:44 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: Stratman + 11R]
DrGit Offline
advanced member

Loc: Tampa Florida
Yeah, i felt the same..Couldn't agree more...Guess thats why i buy lately 4items to 1 item in Musicians Friend's favor...

#4635 - 02/14/11 01:26 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: DrGit]
ElevenMe Offline

Hi folks. Is someone willing to share those presets with me.
Even tips on how to get them are much appreciated.

I've just started... still very much lost on creating a great sound... blush

Edited by ElevenMe (02/14/11 01:28 PM)

#4648 - 02/15/11 07:15 AM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: ElevenMe]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Hey ElevenME,

Shoot me your email address, and I'll hook ya up!

Mike

#14310 - 12/25/11 03:39 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: VaiSatchAtrucci]
F1-Fanatic Offline

Loc: CT, USA
I am new here and just wanted to chime in.. Justin, thank you for the site, I am learning a lot more about my 11R and its capabilities then I could have any other side, and furthermore when I had a problem with the expansion pack, members here were very willing a quick to help me out and get back on track (thanks Misfit), but the person who led me here with his YouTube videos, VaiSatchAtrucci, really opened my eyes to what this great piece if gear is capable, and how supportive the community here on elevenrackpresets is... As for the presets from Sweetwater go, I understand I respect their position, they're a business dealing with artists who also conduct themselves to some extents as a business.. and while it is a bummer not to have access to these presets, there are a lot of great people on here uploading their work, which I think is awesome, and generous, so thank you for those who are willing to help and are open enough to share, it's greatly appreciated!

#16565 - 02/29/12 11:42 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: F1-Fanatic]
moff40 Offline
advanced member

Loc: British Columbia Canada
OK, Sweetwater asked nicely for the patches to be taken down from here, and someone did just that. But hopefully they were taken down as a courtesy, not out of fear of legal action.

Sweetwater would like you to think they have some clout on this, but they really don't.

They're not paintings or songs or books; they're just knob positions - and more than that, they're knob positions on "virtual" knobs, in the digital realm. There is nothing proprietary about them - no secret sauce involved. And because of that, they can't be protected under intellectual property laws - if they could be, every one of us that came close to duplicating one could be sued out of existence. One can only imagine the legal free-for-all that would ensue if a given "sound" or "preset" could be considered "intellectual property".

No, the presets are simply a marketing edge, and I understand Sweetwater wanting to protect that edge over the competition, but nobody's going to be sued for sharing them, nor can they be.

Edited by moff40 (02/29/12 11:52 PM)
Ibanez RG550
Variax 500
Takamine F-400SEL 12-string
Yamaha APX-6L

Warwick Bass Endorsing Artist:
4&5 string Corvettes

Mesa, Marshall, and Ampeg amps
2 x Avid Eleven Racks

#24196 - 11/10/12 10:53 AM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: moff40]
androtaz Offline

Hi,

Would you please send them also to sensizsarki@gmail.com?

Thanks a lot.

#24201 - 11/10/12 03:21 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: androtaz]
Craig W Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
I liked some of the presets from sweetwater, but there were others that were blah. The presets hosted here are far more superior than the sweetwater ones. One thing I like about this forum's presets is the fact that people really put in the time and effort in the tweaking aspect.

#30053 - 03/31/13 02:33 PM Re: Sweetwater presets [Re: Craig W]
bkbannon3 Offline

Hi new member to the forum but have read a lot of discussions before posting. I run a small studio in a small town. I use a mackie d8b and mackie hdr. love them both. I have many guitars from les pauls to fender telecaster and to many acoustic guitars to name. My equipment list is endless and to numerous to list. I have bought and used every preamp, stomp pedal, rack unit known to man. Some I liked, some went by way of ebay. My microphone numbers have passed 2 dozen some time ago. I just recently bought an eleven rack and really like it alot. I have downloaded a lot of the presets off the site and they are wonderful. I am not much into protools other than an interface for my 11r. For that purpose, it is wonderful. I am oldschool and love actual tubes in my gear and actually turning knobs, switches, faders. etc... Plug ins have come a long way in emulating sounds, but you can't beat the actual equipment for the real thing. That being said, the 11r is amazing. I have read a lot of posts about sweetwater and their attempt to keep their presents to their buyers. That being said, I would appreciate it if someone could email me the ones sold with their units. Appreciation in advance. thanks Brian
bkbannon3@yahoo.com

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >