Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40992 - 09/12/14 06:39 AM Hello ,I'm a Newbie.
brianexton Offline

Loc: Ohio
Hi guys. Just joined up here and just got my eleven rack a couple days ago. im running it through the effects in of my xxx combo then into my marshall cab. not so sure i like that so far. the effects loop seems a bit noisy. Last night i got some decent sounds. I was wondering if anyone knows if there is somewhere i can get some good settings that i can dial in myself? artists sounds? Unfortunately i tried downloading the editor and i have an old computer running xp and after i download when its trying to install an error comes up saying not supported. I have to get my brother to come over and download it in his mac.

THanks
Brian
Cleveland Ohio.

#40994 - 09/12/14 07:33 AM Re: Hello ,I'm a Newbie. [Re: brianexton]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Hi Brian, and welcome.

I know that common sense dictates that you should run the 11R into the effects return of the amp, but it's not a law... whatever sounds good to you is the right way to set it up. You should try it into the front input of the amp. It's likely that you'll need to turn the treble on your amp way down, or even off, and adjust the mid and bass knobs, too, but it might work for you. It certainly does for me when I put the 11R into my Seymour Duncan 84-40.

As for sounds, perhaps you can offer Singtall, a tone guru here on the forums, a modest donation and he'll send you a link to the Singtall Superpack. This collection of presets is not only huge but also very varied in tone styles and they are, quite simply, the best-sounding collection of 11R tones available anywhere.

#40995 - 09/12/14 07:45 AM Re: Hello ,I'm a Newbie. [Re: Marc C.]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Brian, first welcome smile You may find the 11 Hack (by the great Bzer) better for loading and trying presets: https://sites.google.com/site/elevenhack/ and should work in Windows XP.

Note as stated on the Avid site: *Please note that the Eleven Rack Editor only works with Eleven Rack systems running Eleven Rack Expansion Pack (firmware version v2.0 or higher), requires a 64-bit operating system—Windows 8, Windows 7, or OS X 10.8 or later, and latest Eleven Rack drivers for your system.

Also, personally I did not have good luck with getting the best out of the 11 rack with my Marshall set up (8080 power amp into a 4x10). I ended up getting a Peavey 60/60 and some PA speakers (FRFR) and am more then happy with the set up now!

#40997 - 09/12/14 07:49 AM Re: Hello ,I'm a Newbie. [Re: Marc C.]
brianexton Offline

I was just looking at his site. do you know if there downloads that you have to download from the eleven rack editor? and i do have another question. the distortion sounds like an icepick in the forehead through my headphones. lol.
Thanks.

#40998 - 09/12/14 07:56 AM Re: Hello ,I'm a Newbie. [Re: Rushian]
brianexton Offline

THanks . Im a guitar player but currently playing bass with a band for the last year. im looking forward to throwing this direct into the bands PA system soon and trying it with the bass and guitar. If i like it enough ill ditch the crazy heavy hartke cab

#41000 - 09/12/14 09:23 AM Re: Hello ,I'm a Newbie. [Re: brianexton]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Brian, as a rule I run direct to the P.A. unless I require big stage sound. Actually, even then I still run direct to the P.A., I just also monitor myself either through my amp or through an 'FRFR' - in my case the Alto TS110A.

Working with the 11R is helped immensely by having an editor but at the very least, as Rushian mentioned, the elevenhack program will allow you to quickly audition sounds... it's very useful.

If the distortion sounds like an icepick... and I'm going to assume other things don't sound that way through the same headphones (personally, I find guitars generally sound kind of irritating through most headphones), then you'll need to consider pre- and post-EQing to round out the tone. Do yourself a favor and get the Singtall Superpack... you can't go wrong with that. The only issue you may have with it is dealing with an embarrassment of riches... there are a lot of presets to try.

#41005 - 09/12/14 02:03 PM Re: Hello ,I'm a Newbie. [Re: brianexton]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: brianexton
I was just looking at his site. do you know if there downloads that you have to download from the eleven rack editor?

As far as I know other then the JAVA runtime (link on site), you should be good to go. If it doesn't work then you most likely need the 11 rack drivers too. I installed it alongside protools so they were there already. I suggest a PM to Bzer to confirm, he is a very helpful guy!

#41006 - 09/12/14 02:25 PM Re: Hello ,I'm a Newbie. [Re: Rushian]
brianexton Offline

thanks . Ill give it a try later tonight.

#41016 - 09/12/14 09:13 PM Re: Hello ,I'm a Newbie. [Re: brianexton]
brianexton Offline

cannot figure this stuff out. downloaded the driver and eleven hack. tried to download a preset and still nothing.

#41017 - 09/12/14 10:19 PM Re: Hello ,I'm a Newbie. [Re: brianexton]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

You will probably need an older driver not the latest. Suggest contacting Bzer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >