Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40845 - 09/04/14 09:36 AM PEAK FCB8N Expression pedal Question
shaker Offline

I'm controlling my 11R with a Peak FCB8N, all good for changing patches and turning effects on and off.
I'm using an expression pedal for volume control.
My question is, is it possible for the expression pedal to control the Wah and Volume in the same patch? (obviously not at the same time)
Thanks

#40855 - 09/04/14 02:55 PM Re: PEAK FCB8N Expression pedal Question [Re: shaker]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

I dont know about your exact pedal but I tried to solve the exact same situation with my set up, see my other post about it, on the forum, and I couldn't in short!!!
I found that,to use the expression pedal on my floorboard, I had to assign a midi control number to it, which was fine, but then realised that I cant change those midi numbers from patch to patch (oh that I could lol)so it would control EITHER wha or vol.
so I set it to control Wha then acquired another expression pedal (Korg exp2 mainly because it has an orange label lol) which I plug into the expression pedal jack on the back, therefore I CAN assign that to mutiple purposes either Vol, or multi-fx etc from patch to patch, its the most elegant way I can see to achive the results your after without buying a wjole other midi controller with 2 exp pedals (fcb1010 for example)I reccoment the Korg because its robust and you can use a stereo jack of your own to connect it, meaning you don't get lumped with the 2 metre one usually with the units, (there may well be other better units out there, but this was best of 3 dusty ones I found in the store room of a local music shop)

#40865 - 09/04/14 10:22 PM Re: PEAK FCB8N Expression pedal Question [Re: ProfessorBen]
shaker Offline

Thanks ProfessorBen, I've noticed another 11r user has the same midi controller as me but it appears he can switch the wah in and out or go back to volume...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHerxZMhJfc

#40867 - 09/05/14 05:30 AM Re: PEAK FCB8N Expression pedal Question [Re: shaker]
WAL Offline

I use a fairly old POD XTL and that can do what you are suggesting, but it won't change certain other parameters.

The Peak should work, but whether it does will depend upon the MIDI spec of the unit you are buying and how it links in with the Eleven Rack.

#41050 - 09/14/14 08:11 AM Re: PEAK FCB8N Expression pedal Question [Re: WAL]
shaker Offline

The Peak does work, as shown in the video above

Edited by shaker (09/15/14 07:32 AM)

#41289 - 09/25/14 03:35 PM Re: PEAK FCB8N Expression pedal Question [Re: shaker]
Bear Offline

You can set the expression pedal to control different things on different patches with the Peak. When in 4PR mode, remember to select which patch (P1-P4) that you want to program. Then enter program mode. Then press EXP and turn on expression pedal for that patch. Set E1.CC to 7 (Volume). Save. Then with either PT or the stand alone editor, remember to turn on volume pedal. Save patch. Done. It's the same process to make it a wah, except you must also assign a switch (C1-C8) to turn on/off the wah, whereas the volume pedal would always be active in the patch. Hope that helps.