Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40709 - 08/25/14 08:54 AM Re: Last time ever? (Mavericks 10.9.4 and 11r) [Re: MountainKing]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
So did you ever get it to work in garageband? I had an issue with logic pro where it would show up in the inputs list, I'd select it then not be able to record enable the track. I eventually discovered that I had to go to the mixer channel strip and select the 11r's input channel (this is above the output path button), then I was able to record enable and record guitar.. I hope that helps!

#40748 - 08/28/14 10:55 AM Re: Last time ever? (Mavericks 10.9.4 and 11r) [Re: Downrazor11]
MountainKing Offline
advanced member

hey there - thanks for your reply. unfortunately i still have the same problem. apparently garageband has just one global input (no mixer as such or at least I cannot find it)and I'm listing eleven rack but nothing comes out when I try to record. I am using pro tools 10 and it works fine so far but still would have been nice to have another DAW at my disposal. anyways thanks again for the info.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cyberowen?feature=mhee

#40773 - 08/30/14 01:10 PM Re: Last time ever? (Mavericks 10.9.4 and 11r) [Re: MountainKing]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
I dont know what version of garage band you are using, but I was able to get my eleven rack to play and record through GB '09 (i have a mac mini running os 10.9.4 with 11r, no protools though). I had to change the inputs to 3 and 4 of the 11r (I don't know what the input/output assignment is for the 11r bc I don't know GB that well). The tab for me to change inputs was on the (i) button on the lower right hand side of the screen, that opened a column on the right side of the screen and towards the bottom of that column there is a dropdown menu called input source. I just selected 3/4 and I could see the levels in my meters and track. This is of course after selecting the 11r as the input device in the audio page of the preferences menu. This should work for you unless they drastically changed how the screen looks in newer GB versions. I hope this helps!

#40843 - 09/04/14 08:45 AM Re: Last time ever? (Mavericks 10.9.4 and 11r) [Re: Downrazor11]
MountainKing Offline
advanced member

hey man thanks for replying and for the tip. Unfortunately I tried your advice to no avail! it seems that whenever I touch eleven rack outside of PT it acts strange. I even have to restart my Mac to get it working in PT again! seems like I got myself a lemon smirk

#40844 - 09/04/14 08:53 AM Re: Last time ever? (Mavericks 10.9.4 and 11r) [Re: MountainKing]
MountainKing Offline
advanced member

Forgot to mention that I hear certain clicks and pops when this happens. nothing comes out (except the clicks and pops) unless I restart and load PT again!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2