giantkiller Offline
advanced member

I found a deal I couldn't pass up...

1) Digitech GSP1101
2) Control 2 foot controller
3) Mosvalve 962 power amp
4) Gator 4 space rack case

all for less than a new GSP1101.

This rig, to me, is like a 1987 IROC Z with T-tops. Cheesy and outdated, but still puts a smile on my face. The 11R is still holding it down as a studio tool, but the GSP just has too many features for live use. I will try to post a couple of blind rig comparisons between the two.

I find myself constantly tweaking the 11R to get it sound more "real" whereas with the GSP, I just play, without worrying that someone might (gasp) be fooled into thinking I'm playing a real amp. I suppose there's value there.

#40615 - 08/14/14 03:09 PM Re: New Gear Day! GSP1101 Rack Rig [Re: giantkiller]
noguud Offline
advanced member

Loc: FL
I like your analogy, LOL. Congrats on the good deal and new rig.

I do think the GSP can sound fantastic, but in general lacks some of the realism that the 11R brings to the table. It is much easier (in my opinion) to make the 11R sound like the GSP versus the other way around, since the GSP/RP series models don't respond too much to the "master volume" controls like the 11R.

Some of the GSP/RP models like the 5150 and RG100 are flat out fun to use though and very easy to dial in for high gain. Also, don't neglect the digitech models like "BlackBass" or "DigiSpank", because I think those are fantastic as well.