Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40802 - 09/02/14 08:36 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? ***** [Re: jaminjimlp]
rublalup Offline
advanced member

Loc: florida
It´s an amazing amp for the 11R... and the price is great.

#40839 - 09/04/14 05:48 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: rublalup]
Lawless33 Offline

Loc: IN
My EV ZLX-12p just came in a couple of days ago at my church. This weekend, I'll have the Eleven Rack, Ground Control Pro (due in tomorrow) and the ZLX-12p and will be able to set up some patches at gigging volume. Can't wait!

Wes
Schecter Banshee
Eleven Rack
Atomic Amplifire with Atomic CLR
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

#40854 - 09/04/14 02:55 PM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: Lawless33]
mojah Offline

Loc: Massachsetts
I use jbl prx612m' s. Love em.. I also have the ev zlx12p's as vocal monitors.
The ev' s are scooped sounding can't flatten them out enough via dsp. Don't like them for guitar only. Sound ok with program material though. Big price difference too... Ymmv..

#40856 - 09/04/14 03:14 PM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: mojah]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Erm you guys gig at church??? Wow it sure sounds different than over here in Blighty. I would prob start attending if they had bands ha ha. The only places to see live music over here are pubs, and if like me you don't drink or smoke ( e cigs, traditional or jazz fags) then there is basically nowhere to play/ listen.

#40857 - 09/04/14 03:17 PM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: ProfessorBen]
ProfessorBen Offline
advanced member

Btw didn't mean to go off topic. I'm in the process of getting a live rig together. Floor control is now sorted next is volume!!! Anyone heard good things about Yamaha wedges??

Edited by ProfessorBen (09/04/14 03:18 PM)

#40868 - 09/05/14 08:08 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: ProfessorBen]
mojah Offline

Loc: Massachsetts
The Yamaha DXR series are well liked over at the gear page. The consensus was for el cheapo monitors it's hard to beat the Alto's. I took my pod hd (B4 I got the 11R) over to a big music store over here in the US and played through all they had. Stayed in the pa room for the afternoon. I liked the JBL PRX , then the QSC's tied with EV LiveX's. They did't have any Alto's or Yamaha's. I didn't like the Mackies that they had. All are 12" models. Later I bought 4 EV ZLX12P's for monitors/Mains. They are well liked too BUT I don't like the way they sound just for guitar. They have a lot of bells ect and a dsp you can adjust. It's one of those things where you have a lot of adjustments but none can fully correct the problems. There's something funny going on around 2.5K and the horn doesn't sound linear in the upper mids/lower treble. Woofy too... Scooped.. More prone to feedback than my JBL's. I like my low end tight not woofy and the top to have some air, sparkle. If you can try some out at the store and drive the sales person crazy wink Do It!!

#40869 - 09/05/14 08:22 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: mojah]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I've always owned passive speakers (though I've used powered speakers and monitors at gigs many times) until I purchased the little Alto TS 110A so I can't speak with much authority. That said, I tried some EV , Mackie and Yamaha models before settling on the Alto. Bear in mind I was trying mostly 10" models. I found the EV to be pleasant but not particularly punchy. The Yamaha didn't impress me overly, and the Mackie was boxy-sounding. This was for guitar only, mind you; I was not concerned about the rest of the band. wink

The Alto may not be the best speaker out there for FRFR purposes but it does sound good and has certainly worked well for me.

#41899 - 11/16/14 03:47 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: Marc C.]
JerEvil Offline

So far still using my Alto 10" wedge. Going to try a 12 out tomorrow and see what the difference is. Aomeone mentioned trying the 15 as it would be pretty close to what folks would hear from FOH.

#41917 - 11/17/14 07:50 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: JerEvil]
jlagrassa Offline

I have a pair of Alto TS112A they sound great I got a great deal on them $300 for the pair, only using one with my band its setup like a floor monitor. You would swear it was an amp if you didn't look at my setup, for larger rooms or outside gigs I will use the pair.

#41920 - 11/17/14 10:38 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: jlagrassa]
JerEvil Offline

Originally Posted By: jlagrassa
I have a pair of Alto TS112A they sound great I got a great deal on them $300 for the pair, only using one with my band its setup like a floor monitor. You would swear it was an amp if you didn't look at my setup, for larger rooms or outside gigs I will use the pair.
That's a nice deal for sure!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4