Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40512 - 08/06/14 02:25 PM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? ***** [Re: singtall]
Lawless33 Offline

Loc: IN
Following this thread! Getting my Eleven Rack in 2 days. Currently have a Tech 21 Power Engine 60, but my church is getting me a EV ZLX-12p powered monitor soon.

Just sent some $ to singtall for those patches as well. Ready to RAWK! smile

Wes
Schecter Banshee
Eleven Rack
Atomic Amplifire with Atomic CLR
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

#40516 - 08/06/14 06:46 PM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: Lawless33]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
if you have any requests after digging into the superpack, let me know and i'll make more presets.

thanks.

#40522 - 08/07/14 06:43 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: singtall]
DAR Fritz Offline
advanced member

Loc: West Michigan
I have 2 12" Alto's and always run in stereo unless there's not enough room on stage for both speakers. They work well for me.
Focusrite Pro40 FireWire Interface
Digidesign Eleven Rack

#40569 - 08/09/14 07:23 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: singtall]
Lawless33 Offline

Originally Posted By: singtall
if you have any requests after digging into the superpack, let me know and i'll make more presets.
thanks.

Thanks, singtall! Today is the day I'll finally get to open things up volume-wise through my Tech 21 Power Engine 60. I'm sure I'll have to use "Rig Out No Cab" to get the best sounds, but it will be a day of experimentation for sure! smile

Wes
Schecter Banshee
Eleven Rack

#40605 - 08/13/14 08:08 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: Lawless33]
strattman76 Offline
advanced member

Loc: indianapolis, indiana
Picked up the EV ZLX112 last night at south side guitar center. Took it to my brothers and ran his epi lp (probucker p.u. 's). Ran through a few rigs I had created. Sounds ok. Made some changes to the ev dsp. Got better. Then I scrolled over to a rig I received from super pack. Dumble drive I believe. Sounds like what I think a rock guitar needs to sound like. Like I've said before, it's like going from CRT television to high def. just awesome. Probably tweak a little. That's what we do. If I decide to keep it, I'll pick up another in a couple of months.

Also grabbed a nice 2 space (roadrunner) soft sided rack case. Has a couple of side pockets with one of them being big enough for a laptop. $100 I believe. Protects my investment.
Anyways,

Thanks Ross for the rigs. Keep it up.

Danny Strattman.

#40606 - 08/13/14 09:42 AM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: Lawless33]
rublalup Offline
advanced member

Loc: florida
Originally Posted By: Lawless33
Originally Posted By: singtall
thanks.

Thanks, singtall! Today is the day I'll finally get to open things up volume-wise through my Tech 21 Power Engine 60. I'm sure I'll have to use "Rig Out No Cab" to get the best sounds, but it will be a day of experimentation for sure! smile

Wes

I´m very happy with my power engine 60... it gives me a nice "amp" feel, serves fine as a monitor on stage and the tones traslate good to PA... And in case of not being able to go direct to FOH the amp does a nice job for small gigs on its own.

Tech 21 is a very nice company...I´m even planing on getting one of those Fly Rigs for avoiding carrying the 11R + controller to rehearsals

pd: I leave the cab sim active on the 11R... the power engine diggest it well IMO

Tech 21 crew response From TGP: "The PE has active 3 band EQ which allows you to tailor the response of the cab but does not effect the XLR out. This way you can set your Character pedal, modeler etc. to sound its best into the PA then tweak the PE to sound the way you want it without changing the direct sound. Usually with the PE I find just reducing the mids slightly and sometimes boosting the low end for a little more thump is all that is needed."

Edited by rublalup (08/13/14 09:44 AM)

#40619 - 08/15/14 02:06 PM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: strattman76]
Lawless33 Offline

Originally Posted By: strattman76
Picked up the EV ZLX112 last night at south side guitar center.

Let me know what you think about the EV ZLX, as that's what I'm going with as well. The one I saw said EV ZLX-12p (assuming that just means it's powered). Thanks!

Wes

Edited by Lawless33 (08/15/14 02:07 PM)
Schecter Banshee
Eleven Rack

#40620 - 08/15/14 02:48 PM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: Lawless33]
strattman76 Offline
advanced member

Wes,

You're correct. Zlx-12p. I got to open it up yesterday. Sounds amazing. Like said the the dumble drive sounds great. That particular rig reinforces the fact that the 11rack does a great job. The tone is in there. You just have to put in the time.

I got the zlx12p, roadrunner case and a 3 yr extended warranty for $580 out the door. I'm going to jam tonight with buddies and I think it will do just fine.
Good luck Wes.

#40621 - 08/16/14 06:54 PM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: strattman76]
Lawless33 Offline

Originally Posted By: strattman76
Wes,

You're correct. Zlx-12p. I got to open it up yesterday. Sounds amazing. Like said the the dumble drive sounds great. That particular rig reinforces the fact that the 11rack does a great job. The tone is in there. You just have to put in the time.

I got the zlx12p, roadrunner case and a 3 yr extended warranty for $580 out the door. I'm going to jam tonight with buddies and I think it will do just fine.
Good luck Wes.

Just noticed you're in Indy. I'm just down in Bedford and work in Bloomington. Small world!:)
Schecter Banshee
Eleven Rack

#40622 - 08/16/14 09:01 PM Re: Powered Wedges … What'r Y'all Using??? [Re: Lawless33]
strattman76 Offline
advanced member

Nice country in southern indiana. I work in Seymour occasionally.

I played some today. The ev spkr is a game changer for me. Hope you like it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >