Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40253 - 07/18/14 09:18 AM 11 Rack volume drop issue
DaytonFlyer Offline
advanced member

Hey everyone,

Recently I've had issues where my volume drops significantly at random times. If I switch back to the preset it goes back up and is fine. I couldn't figure it out until today I noticed my amp output level turning itself down on its own while I was playing. Change to a different patch or if I have my gcp hooked up and I step on the button for the patch I'm on it resets it to it's saved level. This will be disastrous live. Anyone ever run into an issue like this?

#40254 - 07/18/14 09:24 AM Re: 11 Rack volume drop issue [Re: DaytonFlyer]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
Yes, I have had that experience a few times as well. And I am as clueless as you are. Latest firmware, exp pack installed.

#40255 - 07/18/14 11:53 AM Re: 11 Rack volume drop issue [Re: Markus]
DaytonFlyer Offline
advanced member

Hey Markus, try going into your settings and under knob action turn it to "Latch" if it's not already. I read that on another forum an hour ago, then just played for an hour straight and so far it seems to have fixed it. Latch sets your 11 so that no parameters can be changed unless you physically turn the knob back to it's saved setting first. Seemed to work here.

#40256 - 07/18/14 04:51 PM Re: 11 Rack volume drop issue [Re: DaytonFlyer]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
there is an issue with most units where the slightest thing will adjust some knobs, which can change your volume.

the old fix was to make sure when you are not editing that you are on the screen that only shows the preset name and not any controls. this effectively locks the knobs.