Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4062 - 01/14/11 01:56 AM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: HardAttack]
Jimification Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: HardAttack
Originally Posted By: Jimification
Fantastic News! I think that's an awesome package of stuff for $99! I love the Eleven as it is, can't wait for all this extra stuff! Nice going guys smile

This is in no way a jab at Jimificaion.

This is fantastic news. Just think, 4 or 5 more updates and I could of had an AxeFX, or should we look at it as 4 or 5 more years? It took Avid over a year to drop an update that justified the title "upgrade". Not even an upgrade. An expansion pack. Anything else was just a patch.

Now I have to update three Avid products going forward. My Pro Tools 9, The Eleven Rack Firmware, and now this expansion pack. Keep it simple stupid! I'm just saying.. frown

No offense taken smile

We've all been over the "Axe vs 11" thing - they are very different products so I'm not even going to go there but come on - you don't "have" to update anything. It will run on PT8, the firmware is free and the expansion pack is entirely optional (although with that much new kit for $99 it might seem a bit daft not to grab it!)

Sorry to hear it's not what you were hoping for anyway...

#4063 - 01/14/11 02:01 AM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: Red]
Jimification Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Red
Damn, this is great news!!

The stereo delay and parametric EQ are HUGELY IMPORTANT to me.

One thing about the para that is important is by using very narrow notch settings, you can eliminate some of the "fizziness" inherent in digital emulation of distortion. It is an extremely useful method for ultra high gain sounds!

Check out:

http://www.futureguitarnow.com/forum/index.php?topic=1370.0

Thanks, That Craig Anderton trick is a great idea..I've also been messing with parametric EQ's in my DAW to get different flavours - by boosting certain key frequencies between 250-600 hz you can get some very different resonances in the tone. The stock EQ is great but you just CAN'T do this with the fixed EQ positions. I think the parametric will really help people trying to cop particular guitar tones. smile

#4067 - 01/14/11 07:12 AM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: Jimification]
konas Offline

I am stoked about this update... the the 11 is a keeper. My playing time has gone through the roof with this thing, it's just so much fun!

#4071 - 01/14/11 10:04 AM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: alainarose]
djemass Offline
advanced member

Loc: Reims, France
It is a pity that some features have not been added, like delay spillover, user IR, or faster preset switching... which would be awesome for live use

On the other side, para eq, stereo delay and speaker breakup are must have. I'll definitely buy this pack...

For the extra cab and amps, as I only use MarkIIC+ sim, I don't care (even if I will take a serious look at the Bogner amp and cab...)

#4072 - 01/14/11 10:33 AM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: roliver5150]
philcan Offline

Loc: Louisville KY
I have to agree the Eleven Rack is so much more than a modeler. I was using a GT10 & did not need a new one. The fact that it was a Pro Tools interface & the amps sounded so good was why I got it in the first place. Now they have added some new toys for both the live & recording world. Looking forward to March. Eventually we will get the Harmonizer & perhaps a reasonable switching system as the Voodoo this is WAY OVERPRICED.
Originally Posted By: roliver5150
One of the big things that I think tends to get overlooked in the comparison to the Ax FX is that the Eleven rack is more than just a modeler, it's also a Pro-Tools interface, that also just happens to ship with the Pro-Tools software included...So for me if I was doing a dollar to dollar comparison even to the Axe Standard, I can't get too bent out of shape about the Eleven having fewer amp models or lacking a couple of the other bells and whistles. This is just my way of thinking, but I think the recording interface makes it a different beast altogether, and personally for me, there's a little extra value in that which allows me to overlook the things it's missing compared to even the $1500 dollar Axe Standard...The eleven has greatly simplified the home recording thing for me, something I never would have gotten around to if I'd had to figure out how to do it with a more complex piece of gear. Yeah, free would be great, but the fact that there are going to be updates I can buy for $100 dollars or thereabouts are just gravy from my perspective.

#4073 - 01/14/11 11:51 AM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: philcan]
Justin Online   content

advanced member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
I'm as happy as a little girl. No seriously stoked is more like it. Hats off to Avid for keeping the Eleven Rack fresh!

#4074 - 01/14/11 02:00 PM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: Justin]
itsmekeuh Offline

Loc: Belgium
This is awesome news!
I cant wait to buy the expansion :-)
I was planning on buying a vocal channel, seems that I save quite some money now with the compressor and param EQ added
and THE bass amp ... YES !
Stereo Delay is also VERY welcome and I am especially stoked on trying the matchless and bogner sims

#4076 - 01/14/11 04:46 PM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: konas]
alan67 Offline

Originally Posted By: konas
I am stoked about this update... the the 11 is a keeper. My playing time has gone through the roof with this thing, it's just so much fun!

And that folks, is what it's all about!

#4078 - 01/14/11 05:41 PM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: roliver5150]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Originally Posted By: roliver5150
One of the big things that I think tends to get overlooked in the comparison to the Ax FX is that the Eleven rack is more than just a modeler, it's also a Pro-Tools interface, that also just happens to ship with the Pro-Tools software included...So for me if I was doing a dollar to dollar comparison even to the Axe Standard, I can't get too bent out of shape about the Eleven having fewer amp models or lacking a couple of the other bells and whistles. This is just my way of thinking, but I think the recording interface makes it a different beast altogether, and personally for me, there's a little extra value in that which allows me to overlook the things it's missing compared to even the $1500 dollar Axe Standard...The eleven has greatly simplified the home recording thing for me, something I never would have gotten around to if I'd had to figure out how to do it with a more complex piece of gear. Yeah, free would be great, but the fact that there are going to be updates I can buy for $100 dollars or thereabouts are just gravy from my perspective.

VERY WELL PUT roliver5150! Looking for an awesome recording interface is exactly what made me buy the 11R in the first place! I almost bought an mbox2, as I was looking to get one for about a year before the 11R came out. But I just always thought that the mbox was priced to damn high for what you got out of it. So when I discovered the 11R, it was a no brainer for me, and DAMN I'm glad I got it!

#4081 - 01/14/11 06:38 PM Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack out March 2011 [Re: mikefont]
Rich5150 Offline
advanced member

Loc: USA

Vid from NAMM with Hiro

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >