Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40020 - 07/02/14 09:43 PM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I must say still like my Line 6 dreams stage with the 11 rack plugged straight in with 5000+ watts, quick and easy setup everybody plugs in and we can play wile recording and sound phenomenal all at the same time. Drop it into pt the next day and you got great live material.

Edited by jaminjimlp (07/02/14 10:09 PM)

#40024 - 07/03/14 07:28 AM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: singtall]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Originally Posted By: singtall
i could gig with the eleven rack, or rocktron prophesy with Epsi IR loader right now.....but price is no object; axe-fx II or XL

the axe-fx with Ownhammer IR's rules for cheap right now, and would probably still be more than i would need.

I'm leaning towords the Axe FX, but I'm also excited about their new FX only floorboard too!

If the FX quality is as high as the current Axe FX2 & it does amp channel switching then that might be the ticket.

You could run the same FX set-up & scale your rig in-between a head or a combo amp too. I've always wanted to have that ability & feature.

I'm still using my 11R/EVH combo with solid results & I think that I may just have some G.A.S.!!!! eek

X
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#40025 - 07/03/14 07:34 AM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
I must say still like my Line 6 dreams stage with the 11 rack plugged straight in with 5000+ watts, quick and easy setup everybody plugs in and we can play wile recording and sound phenomenal all at the same time. Drop it into pt the next day and you got great live material.

This does look very cool, but I'm thinking that I want some kind of guitar cab on-stage for my gigs. I have no problem going direct too, but If it's a dream rig, then I'll want a cab or two! wink

Every situation is different & I think it's great when people find what works best for them.

The whole point of this thread is to talk about what you would buy next if money wasn't a big concern.

Again, my 11R Rig is killing it & will keep working fine for a long time........ cool but....if I was going to take the next step forward......what would that be???? confused

ALL great stuff boys & in a cover band situation where you're just playing local bars you do need flexibility.......

Carry on.....Son!!!! grin

X

#40027 - 07/03/14 07:58 AM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: X-Mann]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I would love to have that Line 6 P.A. system... but it's just too pricey for me. Even if I sold off every other piece of P.A. gear I own, a full Line 6 system would be out of my reach because no one wants to buy used P.A. gear for any reasonable amount of money. Some day, maybe.

#40029 - 07/03/14 08:07 AM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: Marc C.]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
if i was to buy another axe-fx for gigging, it would be a used standard or ultra.

the axe-fx II was better for home studio because it had USB and tonematching. but the price was up there too.

the new bias/jamup pc software also has tonematch and sounds good. i am on the waiting list to beta test it, but i have a good feeling about it.

#40032 - 07/03/14 11:20 AM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: X-Mann]
Hellbat Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: X-Mann
I'm leaning towords the Axe FX, but I'm also excited about their new FX only floorboard too!

If the FX quality is as high as the current Axe FX2 & it does amp channel switching then that might be the ticket.

You could run the same FX set-up & scale your rig in-between a head or a combo amp too. I've always wanted to have that ability & feature.

I'm still using my 11R/EVH combo with solid results & I think that I may just have some G.A.S.!!!! eek

X

The new FX8 uses the same effects as the Axe-2 and does do amp channel switching.

I'm still using and loving my Axe 2 with the cover band I am in. It's the perfect tool if you play a wide range of music.

The front panel interface isn't as easy to use as the 11R, but the PC editor is super easy and since I set up all my presets at home, the panel use isn't a big deal to me. It is easy enough to tweak existing presets. But because the routing can be super complicated on the Axe I fear getting into it using the panel.

Setup is quick and easy for me, Power to Axe-FX, monitor, and Roland FC-300 controller. 2 XLR's to FOH, 1 cable to monitor, MIDI run from controller to Axe-FX and I'm done. Less than 5 minutes to set up including case openings.

Occasionally I will add to the complexity by putting a pedal in the Axe's loop. smile

#40034 - 07/03/14 01:32 PM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: Hellbat]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Hellbat
Originally Posted By: X-Mann

X

The new FX8 uses the same effects as the Axe-2 and does do amp channel switching.

I'm still using and loving my Axe 2 with the cover band I am in. It's the perfect tool if you play a wide range of music.

The front panel interface isn't as easy to use as the 11R, but the PC editor is super easy and since I set up all my presets at home, the panel use isn't a big deal to me. It is easy enough to tweak existing presets. But because the routing can be super complicated on the Axe I fear getting into it using the panel.

Setup is quick and easy for me, Power to Axe-FX, monitor, and Roland FC-300 controller. 2 XLR's to FOH, 1 cable to monitor, MIDI run from controller to Axe-FX and I'm done. Less than 5 minutes to set up including case openings.

Occasionally I will add to the complexity by putting a pedal in the Axe's loop. smile

Thanks for the infer & the review H.B.!!!! \m/

I love amp modeling, but I'm really not that much of a tweaker for the most part. I do think that modeling is probably the way to go, but the new FX8 thing is VERY interesting to me!!!!!

I already have the EVH 5153 amp/cab & this thing looks just perfect for me!!!!

More later!

X

#40042 - 07/04/14 05:02 PM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: X-Mann]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

Loc: D/FW
I would have a torpedo loadbox, Axe FX II XL, a Kemper, and a couple of CLR's with the MFC-101 and about a dozen of those expensive ass Mission expression pedals, although I do love my EB..

There would be no tone on EARTH that you could not get with that setup!

I have to say I am loving my little G3 and even the gt-001 setting here on my deck..Cannot wait until the Amplifire from Atomic comes out..I am hoping to try it out too! smile

#40096 - 07/07/14 05:48 PM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: singtall]
giantkiller Offline
advanced member

Cost no object, I dream about a full blown Randall MTS system. An RM4 paired with a Fryette power amp, and a Torpedo CAB for direct recording. Throw in a loop switcher and a collection of pedals, and I'll have something I will still love to play in 20 years. Can't say that about any modeler I've played.

As it is, my 11R gets me every tone I need. Been playing covers for 15 years

Edited by giantkiller (07/07/14 05:59 PM)

#40101 - 07/08/14 06:15 AM Re: Best Cover Band Guitar Rig Question? or just your Dream Rig!!!! [Re: Birdie]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Birdie
I would have a torpedo loadbox, Axe FX II XL, a Kemper, and a couple of CLR's with the MFC-101 and about a dozen of those expensive ass Mission expression pedals, although I do love my EB..

There would be no tone on EARTH that you could not get with that setup!

I have to say I am loving my little G3 and even the gt-001 setting here on my deck..Cannot wait until the Amplifire from Atomic comes out..I am hoping to try it out too! smile

Talk about the DREAM RIG B!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Let me know when you get this & I'll be right over to help you set it all up & test it out bro!!!! grin

X

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >