Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40669 - 08/21/14 08:20 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
how can you make your own ir's, is it possible? I played some (.wav files with VLC) of the free one's from ownhammer and they were just little blip and that was it. I guess I need to do a Google search huh?

just checked usps tracking and my epsi will be here today grin

#40670 - 08/21/14 08:39 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

I found this here

Recording Impulse Responses from Guitar Speakers
The sound of an electric guitar through a guitar amplifier is very heavily influenced by the frequency response and tonal color of the guitar speaker cabinet. If you make an impulse response from a guitar speaker cabinet, and then run a direct guitar amp signal through that impulse response in Space Designer (set to 100% wet), the direct signal will sound as if it was played through the speaker cabinet.

You will still need a microphone and audio interface to create an impulse response from a guitar speaker cabinet, but you won’t need an additional monitor speaker for the sine sweep—you will play the broadband sine wave into the guitar amp/speaker itself. If your guitar amplifier has an effects return, you can use it to create the impulse response. If your guitar amp does not have an effects return, you can either use a “re-amp” box (that will raise the impedance of your audio interface’s line out to the level required by your guitar amplifier at its input), or you can use a line level amplifier in place of your guitar amplifier (to amplify the sine sweep through the guitar cabinet).

You can experiment with microphone placement just as you would when miking a physical space, although the most common microphone placement is “close miking”—placing your microphone as near as one inch from the speaker itself. The illustration below shows how you might want to set up your guitar speaker cabinet when creating your impulse response.

Figure. Illustration of guitar amp microphone placement.

Space Designer is a convolution reverb effect for logic. I need one for PT10 or a stand alone... guess I'm kind of answering my own question.

If anyone knows of a way that's free or cheap? let me Know.

Edited by jaminjimlp (08/21/14 08:40 AM)

#40679 - 08/22/14 12:35 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

I got it today had to upgrade the firm ware to b01 and to c01. got the Ownhammer modern and now the daunting task of renaming the files to 3 digit # in front of the names.... there's gotta be better way?!?!?!?!

I have found a way to do it with out using the mouse... have to click the first one twice slow hold left arrow until it is in front and then this sequence: type #, space, tab, hold left arrow until it is in front, repeat.

Edited by jaminjimlp (08/22/14 12:36 AM)

#40684 - 08/22/14 01:24 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
yeah, renaming sucks. i loaded each type of speaker into a different 100's category like H75's to the 600's, and v30's to the 700's, etc. once i narrowed it to a few good choices i renamed them starting at 001, 002, etc.

i have maybe 3 that i really use right now, but those 3 are totally awesome.

#40688 - 08/22/14 03:07 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I use this free software (Bulk Rename Utility) for renaming takes all the pain out of it!

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

#40690 - 08/22/14 04:10 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Rushian]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i just added a number before the name, that way i could still remember which cabinets were which.

#40691 - 08/22/14 04:25 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: singtall
i just added a number before the name, that way i could still remember which cabinets were which.

+1 I purchased both the classic and modern studio packs and using bulk renamer I did the same. Now it is a case of working through them all!

#40692 - 08/22/14 07:05 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Rushian]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

thanks I'm going to try that freeware

#40712 - 08/25/14 10:16 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Rushian]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Rushian
I use this free software (Bulk Rename Utility) for renaming takes all the pain out of it!

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

its awesome thanks!!!

#40713 - 08/25/14 11:58 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_ALN-BLU_SS_RBN-121

This is one of my fist fav's not had much time to mess with it, it seams to my ear that the ribbon mic ones are much warmer as I guess they should be.

The ones that came with the epsi sounded OK but thinner and to get it better I had to run the HPF up to 9.0

any thoughts?

oh yea I've not had time to use it with the 11r I was using it with my MXR Fullbore Metal peddle and my line 6 L2M on FRFR (PA/Reference) setting and it takes all the fizzy out and just sounds AWESOME!

so I know that setup straight to a PA should work fine.

Edited by jaminjimlp (08/25/14 12:02 PM)

Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >