Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40403 - 07/31/14 08:27 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
turn off cabinet sim
turn on effects loop
effects loop input at 9:00, output at 3:00, mix at 100% (full)
done.

#40404 - 07/31/14 08:32 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

Me too, right now using the own hammer irs, per Ross, through s-gear, and without a doubt they are heads and tails above, rewire and s-gear own irs . I couldn't tell any difference running through the fx loop or at the end of the chain, maybe a little but not enough to worry about it............

Not sure if I should get the espi or a laptop and run the sgear cab Sim, along with another 11 rack....

#40405 - 07/31/14 08:37 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: zacflame]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
+1 agree Ownhammer heads and tails above!

#40640 - 08/19/14 08:20 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Rushian]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Thank you ebay!!! grin

Hey jaminjimlp -

You won at $185.50! cool

laugh

#40642 - 08/19/14 04:15 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Nice Deal! So far only negative I have found is that you have to give up the effects loop (i.e effect loop has to go after amp. Small price for the improvement in sound.

#40643 - 08/19/14 07:13 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Rushian]
68injunhed Offline
advanced member

Loc: SE Kansas
Originally Posted By: Rushian
Nice Deal! So far only negative I have found is that you have to give up the effects loop (i.e effect loop has to go after amp. Small price for the improvement in sound.

That's a deal breaker for me then, I have a Vox DelayLab in the loop, and I'm not willing to give it up.

#40645 - 08/19/14 11:28 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: 68injunhed]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
now can somebody please post a video of a comparison of 11r cab sims and the Epsi c?

#40646 - 08/20/14 07:45 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: 68injunhed]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: 68injunhed
That's a deal breaker for me then, I have a Vox DelayLab in the loop, and I'm not willing to give it up.

You can connect the EPSi to the outputs of the 11 Rack but then you are adding the IR after any 'post amp effects' and to my ears that did not sound the best...

#40647 - 08/20/14 08:23 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Markus]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Markus
now can somebody please post a video of a comparison of 11r cab sims and the Epsi c?

doing a comparison is problematic in that the cab IR's are night and day different, so depending on which one you hear first your conclusions will vary. if i start of with a nice warm scumback tone with in the room sound then go to ANY cab/mic combo in the eleven rack then you will hear the eleven rack sound like harsh nasty unusable crap, when in fact stock cabs can be eq'd to be usable.

i have some videos i've been working on, but i haven't had the time to edit them yet. stay tuned....

#40648 - 08/20/14 10:22 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: singtall
doing a comparison is problematic in that the cab IR's are night and day different, so depending on which one you hear first your conclusions will vary. if i start of with a nice warm scumback tone with in the room sound then go to ANY cab/mic combo in the eleven rack then you will hear the eleven rack sound like harsh nasty unusable crap, when in fact stock cabs can be eq'd to be usable.

Could not agree more! For me the biggest plus of the EPSi is that it takes out all that fiddling with the EQ/speaker breakup, etc to get a usable tone. I am now using my 11 Rack more like a regular amp/effects set up now. i.e. pick your amp and tune effects to suit and you are good to go! grin

OK, maybe over simplifying the process, as you can spend a fair bit of time finding the right IR. But the more I explore Ownhammer IR's the more I am narrowing my choices.....

Page 7 of 18 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 >