Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40220 - 07/14/14 06:57 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: zacflame]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i bought the Ownhammer modern mix for $19.

#40221 - 07/14/14 07:39 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: NARSH]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i checked out the clip Narsh and they i like the warmth of the first cabs, they are a little too dark. the second ones are more appropriate for that style anyway.

you need to be able to tweak your amp and eq based on the cabinet sound in real time. not every cabinet works with every head. and not every good cab/amp/mic combo is good for a given style of music.

you already have your tone pretty close to cd ready, so the Epsi may not be a must-have device for you. for me, it opened a lot of doors tonally. there are lighter gain tones that have eluded me because the 11R cabs have too much bite, and i didn't know how to dial it out until i had the Epsi with Ownhammer IR's to compare to.

#40222 - 07/14/14 09:41 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
NARSH Offline
advanced member

Thanks singtall.

I like having options and the epsi is a good buy. I may wait a bit though. My tone is almost exactly where I want it, and after A/Bing it with fresh ears I like my current tone best.

I ended up returning the pod hd and have $200 in an amazon gift card so I was looking for a quick buy. I guess I'll just pickup a 5 string bass or something along those lines so I don't have to retune everytime I pick up a guitar.

#40281 - 07/22/14 07:06 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: BMoe]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: BMoe
Thank for the review, Singtall

Waiting to hear how it will work with the Eleven Rack.

I have three modelers, I am currently trying to choose one from for live use.
Eleven Rack/Powered Speaker (EV els112p)
Line 6 HD500 used with DT50H (4x12 Cab)
Scuffham S Gear(computer/audio interface) with the EV powered speaker.

The Eleven Rack in my home studio sounded great, but when I took it out of the room it sounded "thin and digital" Your advice and setting gigs (patches) helped
but I think the Logidy might help with the "thin and digital" I may go back to a power amp and 4 X 12 Marshall with Celestians

The Line 6 sounded very good until I blew up the head, (power transformer, currently in the shop.

I do love the way the S Gear sounds thru my Mackie HR824's (original) in the studio. and could possibly use the Logidy with this setup.

So I am anxious to hear how it sounds with the Eleven Rack.

Thanks again,
BMoe

BMoe.. I'd start by suggesting that you copy the preset or bank that you want to use outside your room at gig volumes.. and crank up the volume to whatever you use.. then tweak the patch at THAT volume for use in THAT environment.. if that makes sense on only one cup of coffee... things change with the increases in volume with certain frequencies.
Then the other thing to consider is that the room does affect the overall tone.. the size, the shape.. the height of the ceiling.. carpet.. seat cushions.. number of peeps in the room.. all this stuff physically affects tone.. more peeps or carpet or drapes on the walls of a theater/venue.. soundcheck in an empty room can sound awesome and then when there are butts in the seats.. it can dull a little bit due to more dampening.
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#40371 - 07/29/14 05:46 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
JerEvil Offline

Originally Posted By: singtall
same cab sim used in the Epsi for both preamps. prophesy british channel. eleven rack soldano drive. i had too much presence on the soldano amp model, so you can hear that it has a little more bite, but you can dial both of these preamps to sound very similar. this tells me that the Epsi will bridge the gap between modelers. IR plays a large part in the final tone.

https://soundcloud.com/singtall/prophesy-vs-eleven-rack

Sounds great man! I have been contemplating the C.A.B. but for half the cost this might be the way to go. I do like that the C.A.B. does power tube emulation as well but not sure it warrants the additional cost.

#40381 - 07/30/14 02:34 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: JerEvil]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
Can somebody post a clip or video of the 11R with an internal speaker sim and with the Epsi to compare the difference? That would be extremely helpful!

#40386 - 07/30/14 08:54 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Markus]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i will try to work one up later today.

the difference is going to be that you can get a specific tone that the eleven rack may not have without using drastic eq. and in the end, the 11R only has so much eq to work with. when i tried getting the 11R to mimic one of the ownhammer IR's i used 2 parametric eq's and still couldn't get it quite there.

#40389 - 07/30/14 10:19 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
JerEvil Offline

Originally Posted By: singtall
i will try to work one up later today.

the difference is going to be that you can get a specific tone that the eleven rack may not have without using drastic eq. and in the end, the 11R only has so much eq to work with. when i tried getting the 11R to mimic one of the ownhammer IR's i used 2 parametric eq's and still couldn't get it quite there.

I certainly look forward to a comparison. I have some older IR's that I believe were done with some power amp coloration. I will have to check. They are the GuitarHack impulses.

#40395 - 07/30/14 06:44 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: JerEvil]
singtall Offline
veteran member

most of the guitarhack impulses sounded on par with the 11R, but not any warmer. the Ownhammer modern mixes are the warmest in the room tone i have ever heard.

#40399 - 07/31/14 12:34 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
This thread is giving me SERIOUS GAS!!! shocked (Gear Acquisition Syndrome)
So bad I've dreamed about this thing the past 2 nights!!! tired crazy
my only draw back is I'll be bugging Ross grin to tell me all the settings I need to load into it... LOL Sorry Dude laugh

Page 6 of 18 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18 >