Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40193 - 07/09/14 08:58 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i'm going on a paid work vacation on the 11th-? in Florida. but before i go, i wanted to give out some new presets. these presets are Ownhammer IR inspired. try using different amps and tweaking the eq to taste. they aren't perfectly dead on the money presets, but they are close enough for most people. the biggest thing you will notice is the lack of ear biting fizz. i think the eleven rack in general suffers from too much upper mid/highs from 4.3k up. you have to have some fizz to sound real, but not THAT much. i also like to add some low mid bump around 275hz or so, so if you don't like the in-the-room tone, cut that back to 0db.

i feel like i have done my most significant cabinet eq discoveries since i got the Epsi and Ownhammer IR pack. hopefully you guys will agree. i would like to hear from some of you guys using full range speakers, let me know what these sound like.

as usual, these presets will also be in the singtall superpack updates available for download.

***before you play anything else on your 11R, please try these presets with a fresh ear. once you get used to the feel/tone, try your old favorite presets and see how much harshness you hear on your old stuff. this might be an ear opener.***

download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5622773/Ownhammer%20inspired.zip

#40199 - 07/10/14 07:25 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

I put my order In, so about three weeks , I should get it. What would happen if you ran a stomp box into the espi and then into a power engine, I wonder would it improve the sound or change it

#40200 - 07/10/14 08:28 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: zacflame]
singtall Offline
veteran member

the Epsi is basically a cabinet simulator. you can run a simple distortion pedal into it, then out to a pa system or full range speaker and get great results.

#40205 - 07/13/14 08:21 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

try out the Singtall MKII0 preset. i liked it already, but i like it even more after hearing Marcus shred it up using that preset:

http://youtu.be/mfv35URC8lA

#40209 - 07/13/14 05:04 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Ok, so finally tried out the EPSi using the supplied ir's and first impressions are that there is a subtle yet significant difference.

I tried it with both clean and dirty rigs and stuck to two factory presets (10 Cent Sack & Snappy Tweed).

The best way I can describe it is, that there is a more 3 dimensional sound (i.e better soundstage). It's the kind of difference you would hear between a very good set of HiFi speakers vs a really great pair!

Only limitation I have found so far is that it would nice to have midi control over it so you could change the ir to match the rig on the 11 rack instead of having to dial it in on the EPSi.

Overall I am pleased with the purchase, next step is to try some of 3rd party ir's...when I find time again!

Edited by Rushian (07/14/14 07:35 AM)
Edit Reason: fixed spilling mistooks!

#40211 - 07/13/14 06:19 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Rushian]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

I got to thinking, I ran amp outs into my interface, turning off cabs and into sgear with just the cabs on or redwires impulse loader, isn't this the same thing as running the espi, since my Eleven Rack doesn't leave home, I wonder do I need it now?

#40212 - 07/13/14 07:08 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
NARSH Offline
advanced member

After reading through all that and watching countless videos on youtube with either torpedo live's or the logidy I figured I'd give it a shot using IR's with the 11R.

Unfortunately I can't load the IR after the amp and before my post eq so this isn't 100% but I can see where this unit will be a huge benefit.

I had downloaded a ton of redwirez IR's a while back as well as the messiah pack and decided to start thumbing through them.

After about 3 hours, my ears are dead. I am not sure what sounds good or bad or if my 11R is fizzy or not. Hopefully you guys can let me know what sounds better.

The first section is the 11R using my regular presets and the following cabs:

L = 5150-Sheffield200s-SM57-Cone-2in
R = MArshall1960B-V30s-R121-Cap-12in

After a few hours these sounded good to me but again my ears are dead.

The second is my usual setup.

11R Test - Impulses - NARSH

#40213 - 07/13/14 07:14 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: zacflame]
singtall Offline
veteran member

yes and no.

with the Epsi, you can put the cabinet right after the amp, but before the effects. you can't do that in real time on the computer. if you are recording without effects then no problem.

depending on the app, you can't listen to the IR in realtime without some serious latency. not sure about sgear though.

the Ownhammer modern collection of IR's get my vote. try the mixed versions. i find the IR's with solid state amp and several mics sound the best. the Ownhammer IR's sound much more like a real cabinet than the stock stuff.

i really only use one cab for the most part, but i'm starting to like certain cabs with certain amp models. midi would be nice. maybe a future version.

final thought; if you try some IR's and like what you hear, the Epsi is for you.

i spoke to the Logidy main guy (who is pretty cool by the way) and he is talking about adding a clip indicator. we spoke by email about having the display read out something in 3 digits like CLI for clip. we shall see what develops.

#40215 - 07/13/14 08:16 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

I have no latency that at least I can hear, the sgear effects are actually quite good, I would say awfully close to the Eleven Rack, but I see your point, I will download ownhammer and see, it is really mind-boggling just for one cabinet how many options there are, like I said before iam not much of a tweaker, so I get bored pretty fast trying countless cabs, probably good I don't have a Axe fx, the redwire loader has six slots so you can go hog wild loading all the different cabs, but ear fatigue sets in fast, what package did you get Ross? I see some for $19.00, is that the ones...... Thanks Zac

#40219 - 07/14/14 05:45 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: zacflame]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

I really like the ownhammer, thanks for the tip, I didn't even realize the effects came after the cab, just not that much into tweaking, I figured like the old days, everything was after the guitar

Page 5 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18 >