Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40063 - 07/05/14 09:27 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
oh yeah, the Red. i was initially working with the MKII, then i switched to the Red to see how that cab would work out. after hearing the scooped MKII sound i probably took the Red to extremes in tone. i was ear fried i guess. it least the mids were right. lol

#40094 - 07/07/14 04:01 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
i did a couple of tweaking to your presets rhoss, one is a plain amp substitution with an m2 lead , the other one keep the bogner but change some eq settings both in para eq and amp control, i found the one with eq tweak sound good even with mk2 and modern sod,tell me what u think smile

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c1b14la72glcb6w/AACu7FHOtvqHEAo7kD7qR_5ga

#40098 - 07/07/14 08:38 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

not sure who starting calling me rhoss, but it's spelled Ross. lol.

i'll try to check out the preset tomorrow when i get home.

the idea behind the presets was to provide a cab/mic/eq setup that closely emulates the real Ownhammer IR. it should translate well if you switch amp models, as long as it's an amp that works with that cab in general. V30 cabs should work with the more scooped amps like the Mesa's.

#40099 - 07/07/14 11:46 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Ops sry for the spelling I'm terrible when it comes to names,but Ross is shorter than singtall,and when u write trough an iPhone each letter is a pain lol sry again.

#40173 - 07/08/14 12:57 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Christophersad]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Dude I hate to beat a dead horse but you just kinda skipped my question over....

Have you tried coming out of the 11r 1/4" amp outputs to the Epsi C to the amp or guitar to Epsi to 11r to amp?

Try it with bias please and let us know how it is, and would the Epsi be any hope for the GNX4? Still don't know what to do with that thing. LoL
))))))))))))))))

I don't see that thing at GC did you get it direct from the Logidy?

#40179 - 07/08/14 05:41 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

the Epsi wasn't designed for line level, so i haven't tried coming out of the eleven rack 1/4" out. it works perfect in the effects loop, plus you can put the epsi right after the amp instead of it being stuck in a place where you wouldn't want it.

speaking of a place you wouldn't want it: you would not want to run your guitar into it and then into the eleven rack or any other gear. the epsi loads an IR, which for all intents and purposes is just a fancy eq that rolls of highs. if you put your guitar into it, you get a crappy guitar tone....that's it.

i would ONLY use the Epsi in an effects loop or at very low volume coming out of your gnx4, or it will clip and sound nasty. the output of most effects units are made for line level, which is much too hot for the Epsi. the Epsi is made for stomp box level. so yes, you could run it as a stomp box after your distortion pedal, then into any amp.

to use it with Bias; you would have to find a way to come out of your device 1'4" with low stomp box level. not my department, so i can't help with that.

i bought the Epsi direct from Logidy for $199 shipped.

Ownhammer modern IR pack was $19 and includes about 500 IR's.

#40189 - 07/09/14 07:56 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
So, the EPSi arrived on Monday and I still have not found any time to plug it in and play... frown ...damn I need to win the lottery so I can do the fun stuff......instead of working to pay the bills...... mad mad

#40190 - 07/09/14 08:08 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Rushian]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i hear that. i don't get the time in the mancave that i want for sure. i didn't get a chance to even look at a guitar yesterday.

#40191 - 07/09/14 06:07 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

Hey Ross, is this thing really the real deal, got a birthday coming up and not sure if I should ask my wife for it, (I knew I was blessed with a great wife when I had a wampler ego compressor under the Christmas tree last year) any way,saving up for Prs s2, I really like the necks on these, or just have her donate to my savings fund for the guitar. I know you're a sound guru, so I trust your judgment, thanks.......... Zac

#40192 - 07/09/14 07:15 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: zacflame]
singtall Offline
veteran member

the Epsi is the real deal my friend. it will transform your 11R into a rig closer to the axe-fx. the biggest deal for me on the axe-fx was the ability to load an IR that sounded like a particular cabinet, or better yet....the sound of MY cabinet. the cabs in the 11R are actually quite good compared to other modelers out there, but they are no match for a good studio mixed IR. the 11R has one cab with one mic, on/off axis....that's it. in the real world, i would only mic a cabinet like that live, where people can't really tell how my real tone is. in the studio; i would use several mics to capture the best the cabinet has to offer.....and that's what Ownhammer did. i am currently using mic mixes from their modern collection and i am blown away by how good it sounds and feels. feel is a bigger deal to me than sound is. i can load up an IR that feels great to me, regardless of how it sounds, then reamp a choose the preset that sounds best. so i get to have it both ways. you can also get that amp in the room tone, which we all chase after.

if you are already happy with the 11R, which most of us were, then you don't really NEED the Epsi....but it is awesome to have.

the one thing the Epsi will do to you is take you down the rabbit hole of options that can paralyze you like the axe-fx does.

my advice (which i took) is to pick only 1 each of your favorite of any IR cab type (V30, scumback m75, scumback h75, greenback, etc) and use just it instead of going through 40 options every time you play. you will quickly learn that some cabs work well with certain amp types, and that's it.

for example:
scumback m75 - subdued highs and lows, works great for low gain rock.
scumback h75 - has more highs and lows than m75, good for 80's metal
V30 - mid peak - works well with all scooped designed amps like the Recto. general decent cab with most amps.
K100 - Djent and metal.

i plan on doing some demos of what cabs sound best with what amps. i have only gone thru maybe 60 or so of the cabs that i bought from Ownhammer, so i need to finish checking it all out soon.

Page 4 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 18 >