Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40037 - 07/03/14 04:27 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: Rushian]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
for the people that don't have the extra cash to buy the Epsi, but already have the singtall superpack, i will be attempting to copy some of my favorite Ownhammer IR's and make eleven rack presets. of course the presets will be MY favorite IR's and they may not be perfect for your need. but i will be adding some new presets to the modded heads folder that attempt to clone some Ownhammer IR's.

if you check the preset that i posted, you will hear that it works with the JCM800 and even clean tones.....but try a recto and you will be very disappointed unless you add a tube screamer and crank the amp's mid control. this is one lesson that i learned with the axe-fx; a cabinet that works with one amp may sound terrible with another amp. a recto NEEDS a midrange heavy speaker to sound good. they designed the amp around a V30 and voiced it accordingly. the marshall amps are voiced around a mid scooped speaker, so they voice the amp with plenty-o-mids.

#40038 - 07/03/14 04:47 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Rushian]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Rushian
You had me at as good as an AXE-FX! I ordered it about 30 minutes after reading Ross's post!! grin What can I say I can resist anything but temptation and I have been eyeing the EPSi for a while and just need a gentle push! !!

But arw you going to buy a new house too??? laugh

#40039 - 07/03/14 04:52 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Christophersad]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

if you check the preset that i posted, you will hear that it works with the JCM800 and even clean tones.....but try a recto and you will be very disappointed unless you add a tube screamer and crank the amp's mid control. this is one lesson that i learned with the axe-fx; a cabinet that works with one amp may sound terrible with another amp. a recto NEEDS a midrange heavy speaker to sound good. they designed the amp around a V30 and voiced it accordingly. the marshall amps are voiced around a mid scooped speaker, so they voice the amp with plenty-o-mids.

This in my mind just brings up a thought,how fantastic are todays modelers for us guitarists? We can get pretty much every sound We Want with less than €500 and some knobs twists...

#40040 - 07/03/14 07:39 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i spent another couple hours trying to duplicate a smooth English V30 Ownhammer IR.....with ok results. i used two eq's this time and still couldn't get it on the money. i got it more focused sounding though.

try this cabinet with other amp models as well and see how you fare:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5622773/Big%20Red%20E%20V30.tfx

#40041 - 07/03/14 08:06 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i'm figuring out some things about the eleven rack cab sims compared to the real deal. one thing that i've learned is to go into the eleven rack para eq after the amp and set the high filter to "notch", then set it at 4.3k with a Q of about 6. this will get rid of the initial brightness that gives you ear fatigue. adjust Q to taste.

#40043 - 07/05/14 06:38 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

What is the signal chain,is it in the loop or after the output, iam trying to hold off on the axe, well really $2500.00 is holding me off more...... Thanks

#40053 - 07/05/14 05:48 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: zacflame]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i put the Epsi in the effects loop, and placed the loop right after the amp model. then i turned off the 11R speaker and used just the loop for a cabinet. set effects loop input about 9:00 so it doesn't clip, output about 3:00, and mix to 100%.

the Epsi has killed some Axe-fx gas for me (for now). if you are a meat and potatoes tone guy, then the Epsi is the answer. if you are an effect junky, then only the axe-fx will satisfy.

Honestly, you could put a cheap distortion pedal in front of the Epsi and get a decent tone.

#40056 - 07/05/14 06:32 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

hey rhoss i tried the last preset you uploaded, and its very very tight and bity, i rolled back in a good amount of high mid in the 2nd para eq and some mids +high on the amp, cause it sounded a bit boomy in my setup, good preset.

#40059 - 07/05/14 06:49 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

it was a bit boomy in mine also, but that's how the original IR sounded too.

was that last preset using the Mesa MKII? if so, the amp's controls only really control the tone that goes before the distortion....kinda like a variable pickup eq. the good/bad thing is that they also added in a scooped eq after the amp that you can't change. it's a little too scooped, hence the boomy bass and shrill highs. nothing an eq can't fix though.

#40060 - 07/05/14 06:57 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

it was the one with bogner red channel,what i really liked was the bite and grain of dirstortion

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >