Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41153 - 09/20/14 01:40 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review ***** [Re: Rushian]
AlexDinn Offline

Thanks!
I use a stereo setup, so I'll use stereo IR!
And for the ownhammer IR, I'll spent some time though them...
With a quick try, it seems I like the 'Mixes Live modern' the most

#41156 - 09/20/14 08:16 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: AlexDinn]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
funny thing.....i loaded a bunch of Ownhammer IR's in the Epsi in no particular order just to see which cabinet i liked without knowing which cabinet i was listening to, i was surprised that i liked different cabinet than i would normally use.

i loaded up 2-3 of each speaker studio vintage mixes (my preference because they are warmer) and it was actually easier to pick out good IR's because i wasn't thinking about which speaker i would normally use.

#41159 - 09/20/14 01:12 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: AlexDinn]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Originally Posted By: AlexDinn

Why do you set the intput on 9 and the output on 3?

I think what is meant by 9 and 3 is that the dial for the fx loop send is in the 9 o'clock position and the dial for the return is in the 3 o'clock position. That is how I have mine set and it works great, if you do it the other way I think you will overload the input of the EPSi and it will sound fuzzy.

9 o'clock looks like the red arm here:
clock image 9:00

and 3 o'clock looks like the red arm here:
clock image 3:00

I hope I don't sound condescending, if you already knew this then you have my apologies.

Originally Posted By: AlexDinn

What are your fav IR from the ownhammer modern pack? There are so many...
Thanks

I have that pack and I like the ALN-BLU T1 live mixes (usually live modern), and I like both the scumback T1 live mixes (again, usually live modern).

Also, I would just load the stereo set, if you run mono it only uses one side, but stereo is always available if you need it (the 'c' firmware doesn't create a stereo from mono like it does for the reverb firmware according to the manual).

Edited by Downrazor11 (09/20/14 01:30 PM)
Edit Reason: Pics didn't show up

#41161 - 09/20/14 01:26 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Downrazor11]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Here is a simple spreadsheet I put together to try to sort through the variations in a useful way and number them. This is only for the mixes, I haven't gotten to the mics yet.

OwnhammerModernMix-ByMix

OwnhammerModernMix-BySpeaker

I don't mind giving anyone the xlsx file if they want, let me know.

#41164 - 09/20/14 03:53 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Downrazor11]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i wish i had the whole pack already sorted and numbered. i numbered just the ones i thought i would like....so i haven't tried them all yet. i like the studio mixes the best so far.

#41171 - 09/21/14 12:58 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Downrazor11]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
Here is a simple spreadsheet I put together to try to sort through the variations in a useful way and number them. This is only for the mixes, I haven't gotten to the mics yet.

OwnhammerModernMix-ByMix

OwnhammerModernMix-BySpeaker

I don't mind giving anyone the xlsx file if they want, let me know.

Hey Man!

You've put a lot of thought and work into this brother, thank you very much for sharing this with us!! Very cool indeed.

#41173 - 09/21/14 03:29 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Str@man]
strattman76 Offline
advanced member

Loc: indianapolis, indiana
If I can ask a couple of q's....

1) is the ver c epsi that much of an improvement in the tonal characteristics of the 11r (or any other modeler) that makes $200 + $30-50 for 3rd party ir's worth it?

2) is this strictly a recorded tone thing or does this play well with frfr's?

Seems a little too good to be true. But I've been trying to learn about this subject for a couple weeks. I've got NO problem dropping the coin, I just wanted some re-inforcment before I do.

I had the digi 1101 that I would load them, I just hadn't a clue wtf I was doing. Only been into modeling amps for a few years. I've been reading other forums as well on tgp and some other site.

Thanks.
Danny.

#41174 - 09/21/14 03:31 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: strattman76]
strattman76 Offline
advanced member

Loc: indianapolis, indiana
I do respect most everyone's opinion on here this is why I ask. I like some others would probably set to one cab and leave it. And pin it in the back of my rack sack.
Two good cables and you'd be golden.

#41175 - 09/21/14 05:28 PM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: strattman76]
singtall Offline
veteran member

the Epsi is for people that just can't get the sound that they want from from the 11R alone. the Epsi works great both live and recorded.

the Ownhammer IR's can give you that polished studio sound or an in-the-room type of tone, whatever you prefer.

another cool option is to make an IR of your guitar cabinet, that way you can have YOUR tone any time you want it.

#41199 - 09/22/14 09:12 AM Re: Logidy Epsi C review [Re: Str@man]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Str@man

Hey Man!

You've put a lot of thought and work into this brother, thank you very much for sharing this with us!! Very cool indeed.

Thanks, unfortunately most of the tedious work is in actually numbering each file, especially with number systems that only go 1-15, then 21-25, etc..

Page 11 of 18 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 17 18 >