Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39614 - 05/15/14 02:45 PM 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

I tried the whole reboot holding in the rev and fx loop.. not to sound too blonde.. but I'm not even sure I did this right.. the way I'm reading it.. you boot back up holding the buttons.. and then turn it off and turn it on again.. ?..
I just mixed a session this morning and everything was find.. now it never goes to a rig.. it just says Eleven Rack and the little load bar across the bottom keeps feeding left to right like its starting.. but nothing is happening..
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#39615 - 05/15/14 03:07 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

note.. fired up my eleven rack updater on the desktop of my mac.. say NO eleven rack found?
Morley Endorsing Artist

#39616 - 05/15/14 03:09 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
PatriotsBuker Offline
advanced member

I think there is a video on that initialize holding every button thing you referred to somewhere, but I could not find it right away. YouTube's search functionality can be rather precise.

I saw someone else on a DUC forum state that he got it back running by forcing a install of the 1.02 firmware, but I a certainly not about to state that I know whether or not this is a good idea.

Sorry I can't be any help.

#39617 - 05/15/14 03:18 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

also.. anyone got a pdf of the warranty and info?.. I have my box handy.. but the registration card.. its in a file cabinet.. I gotta dig it out.. just wondering what the actual warranty is.. appears that Avid makes it pretty hard to find.. or at least for me.
Morley Endorsing Artist

#39618 - 05/15/14 04:07 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

THANKS PB! I'll look for the vid.

edited to add that when I turn the unit on.. the only the that lights up is the screen.. no knobs light up... the Eleven Rack splash screen just sits there and the load bar across the screen just continues to scroll as if something is trying load but it never does.. I have tried to just leave it and see if it will eventually load.. but I am afraid of causing further damage.

Edited by Intelli-Shred (05/15/14 04:15 PM)
Morley Endorsing Artist

#39620 - 05/15/14 06:35 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
noguud Offline
advanced member

Loc: FL
did you let it cool down? my unit has flakey restarts when it is hot from previous use. same symptoms as yours.

#39626 - 05/16/14 07:54 AM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: noguud]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

I let it sit over night and waiting to see what happens now.. it had been off for an entire day.. I shut it down @ 10am.. went to a meeting with some amp rep.. came back that afternoon/evening and nothing..
Morley Endorsing Artist

#39627 - 05/16/14 08:07 AM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

trying the #2 reboot option.. if this doesn't work.. I'll try the complete default reset.. HEY!!! ALL OF THE SUDDEN IT WORKS! My user presets are swiped but I can rebuild those as I only had one that I'd really built and then a could of crunchy things from Ross along with some Loudness presets he was gracious enough to do up..
weird thing is that I did the reset that's supposed to NOT delete your user presets?.. they're gone.. but the unit is functioning.. so I'll gladly deal with that lost night of sleep I lost.. and now I can access my sessions.. looks like after the weekend.. I'm gonna grab a couple of tetra drives and just start backing EVERYTHING up.
THANK YOU Jesus!
Morley Endorsing Artist

#39628 - 05/16/14 02:53 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Glad it worked,can u describe wich reset procedure you used?

#39629 - 05/16/14 04:28 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Christophersad]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

Honestly.. I did the exact same thing over and over and over all night last night .. and NOTHING.. the little splash screen just said Eleven Rack.. it would freeze and NEITHER or the reset methods worked.. so.. I thought about reloading drivers.. but when I fired up the updater.. it said no 11R to be found.. it had been shut down from 9am till 2pm.. so it wasn't hot.. or overheated.. it just froze after never giving me a bit of grief ever.. so this morning between the gym and a sound gig.. I took a shower and had maybe 20 mins to get out of the door.. I once again went through both the reset methods described on the Avid site.. the DUC.. and youtube.. nothing.. then I did the full factory reset:
hold down the mod..rev.. and fx loop buttons on the front panel of 11R.. turn it on.. and let the screen freeze again.. power off.. let go of the buttons.. wait 30 seconds.. powered back up and viola!.. it was back to the way it was day one out of the box.. none of my presets.. BUT it works..
I had performed this and the other reset method numerous times and it didn't work.. I'm not kidding when I say that I literally prayed over this thing.. I could/can not replace it at the point.. with all the end of the school year stuff going on.. new rear end, brakes and tires for my car.. the wife's on coming surgery and the nearing release of my first single from the new album.. money was just stretched too thin.. I was so mad the entire family went into hiding. everyone upstairs.. doors closed.. and when they'd come down.. they'd walk as far around from me as the room would allow... nobody said anything except either I love you.. good night.. or I'm sorry.. it was bad all the way around.. I don't have another gig.. music is my only job... so to have this work out was such a blessing.
Morley Endorsing Artist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >