Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39632 - 05/16/14 07:58 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i heard that you can end up with that problem by loading a corrupt preset. not sure how a preset gets corrupted, but it can happen.

the only fix is to wipe it all out and start over. hopefully you backed up all of your favorite presets.

load them one at a time and make sure none of them causes that problem again.

seems like i remember hearing that some of the old presets made before the update can cause a lock up?

if it's any consolation; the axe-fx II has that problem too when loading a corrupt preset.

#39637 - 05/17/14 10:23 AM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: singtall]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

THANKS Singtall.. it maybe a bad old original preset.. its been glitchy again today.. one minute great.. the next it'll freeze or take a long time to fire up.. I'm thinking next time I fire it up.. I'd maybe try to re-install drivers?.. wondering how to do that if the updater say everything is fine and current.. any ideas how to over ride that.. it ran flawless all day and night yesterday. this morning.. its a little weird/sticky.
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#39638 - 05/17/14 10:41 AM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

Thinking I might send it to Tone Doctor for a go through depending on what they quote me.
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#39639 - 05/17/14 10:43 AM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
singtall Offline
veteran member

could be something loose in there. dust?

#39641 - 05/17/14 12:46 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: singtall]
noguud Offline
advanced member

Loc: FL
Drivers won't help - they are for helping the 11R communicate with your computer. Startup is something different. I think the 11R has some marginal clock timing issues: it is a hardware issue. Just do a search and see how many people (including me) have had this intermittent issue on different forums. Mine goes into a coma if I switch the clock rate from either the front panel or the PC after it is warmed up a bit. Then it won't restart properly until it has cooled off. Others, like you, just have a bad day and they seem to not restart properly...
It is possible that it could be a loose connector, and that is worth checking out, but it is probably something else.
I would say if you get a quote for over $250 I would just buy a new or used unit on eBay without protools.
Sorry you are having so many issues!

#39645 - 05/17/14 01:30 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: noguud]
singtall Offline
veteran member

the clock issue was at 44.1khz on the affected machines. change your rate to 48khz or higher and the problem stops.

#39981 - 06/29/14 11:15 PM Re: 911: Eleven Rack sticking on boot screen [Re: Intelli-Shred]
Greg Reagan Offline

Loc: Opelika, AL
You have to replace it. It happened to me the day it arrived from Sweetwater. They sent me a new one. Works fine.
11R Sweetwater edition with Ground Control Pro

"As for me and my house...We will serve the Lord!"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2