Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39218 - 04/23/14 05:25 PM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: Christophersad]
BMoe Offline

I wonder, would this unit go after the 11R to a FRFR speaker or could you this sit in the FX Loop? Any ideas?

The unit does sound interesting.

I have played some with IR's on a computer setup, And they make a hell of difference when using modeling. Although the 11R still sounds great,(better than my HD500) I'm still trying to achieve the "that's It" tone with my EV elx112p live setup.

All you'd need is two SD cards, could use both versions.

Yup, dido with the "sweet gas" statement.

#39222 - 04/24/14 06:07 AM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: BMoe]
RGB Offline

I've been using it in the loop of the 11R (100% mix of course), but it would work just fine after the 11R too...just have to be careful how hot your signal is to the unit, since the input is designed for a guitar level signal. I'll have to try sending the amp outputs to it for kicks.

I've had no issues with overloading the input with it in the loop, but I do have it set to "stompbox".

Edited by RGB (04/24/14 06:09 AM)

#39223 - 04/24/14 07:59 AM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: RGB]
dmock66 Offline
veteran member

Slightly off topic - but I have a 2 Notes Torpedo CAB that I use with the 11R. I tried it in the FX Loop but have been happier with it after the Output To Amp. I thought through the signal path of an analog rig - the speaker cab/mic are the very last pieces. As such, I have elected to use it there.

YMMV of course, but that's how I prefer it.
Atomic AmpliFIRE, Avid 11R, Franklin ProDrive, Franklin F-Plex Delay, Line 6 M9

#39225 - 04/24/14 01:26 PM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: dmock66]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i would think that it could be used in the effects loop after all effects.

i'm confused here....i thought the device was line level? why would someone make it guitar level? that makes no sense to me.

#39226 - 04/24/14 01:54 PM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: singtall]
RGB Offline

I believe it was built this way because it was designed to be a reverb pedal, but so many requests were made for them to make it also able to load cab/mic IRs that they came up with the firmware to make it work.

I've had no trouble with it in the loop, but I'll have to try it using the main outs to see if there are any issues. I think there is enough control in the output of the 11R to make it a non-issue though.

#39227 - 04/24/14 02:57 PM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: RGB]
dmock66 Offline
veteran member

The Torpedo has both line and guitar level options.

It worked ok in the loop for me - I just prefer to have it after the output as I use a M9 in the loop and sometimes put the FX Loop before the amp model.
Atomic AmpliFIRE, Avid 11R, Franklin ProDrive, Franklin F-Plex Delay, Line 6 M9

#39228 - 04/24/14 03:14 PM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: dmock66]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
well,even as a reverb it should go in the loop of either an amp or a modeler, so im confused about the guitar level

#39229 - 04/24/14 04:15 PM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: Christophersad]
RGB Offline

Maybe email the folks at Logidy for more info? They seem to be interested in feedback as well.

#39231 - 04/24/14 06:54 PM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: RGB]
BMoe Offline

RBG
Another question,

In your opinion, How well of a job does this unit do?

When it comes to Convoulution Cab IR's, plugins like S-Gear really work well at
"warming" tone with a studio setup. This is what I hope this Logidy box will do with the 11R and a FRFR powered speaker.

The 11R is a great unit, but still have to be careful in setting up rigs, for it can get
"digital sounding", Especially when adding distortion and highs.

I know tone is subjective, I have been in search of a unit that will do this "warming" factor for me in a live setup.

Anyway, Thank You for sharing your thoughts and experiences on this unit.
Appreciate it.
Regards,
BMoe

#39234 - 04/25/14 03:59 AM Re: Logidy EPSi convolution IR loader [Re: BMoe]
RGB Offline

In my opinion, it does exactly that..."warming" is a good description.

I had the para eq set to roll off highs and lows with a slight mid boost with my favorite Matchless patch, but since adding the EPSi, I've removed the mid boost and now need only a high/low shelf...basically set flat other than the bandpass. I still need the para eq to roll off the highs, (I set a 3.3k shelf), so the IR isn't perfect on it's own, (for me anyway), but needs nothing else. I roll off the lows at about 70hz, which is where the CLR drops off.

I bought the Modern Studio Mix for the Marshall 4x12 from Ownhammer yesterday and just got started auditioning cabs, but I'm very impressed so far. I bought the EV thiele 1x12 set last week and thought that was it...until I started listening to these new cabs. So good...really a huge improvement for me.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >