Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38997 - 04/09/14 11:03 PM Rocktron Midimate + Hex problems
hellalive Offline

Hi!

I recently got my Midimate for 11R and I love it. Got some problems with the Rocktron Hex expression pedal though.

I connect the Hex to the Midimate with the correct cable and then I'm out.
What settings is needed in the Midimate and 11R to get the Hex to work as an wah pedal for exampel?

I guess its easier to connect the Hex directly to the 11R but that requires a longer cable, I really want to connect it to the Midimate.

I hope you can help me with this one.

Oh, and I'm a complete midiot!

Thanks!

#39028 - 04/10/14 11:34 PM Re: Rocktron Midimate + Hex problems [Re: hellalive]
jesling Offline
advanced member

Loc: Florida Panhandle / Chicago
Is this the info you're looking for? Midi controller numbers?

Volume Pedal Position - 7
Wah Position - 4
Multi-FX Control - 11

#39057 - 04/12/14 11:02 AM Re: Rocktron Midimate + Hex problems [Re: jesling]
hellalive Offline

Originally Posted By: jesling
Is this the info you're looking for? Midi controller numbers?

Volume Pedal Position - 7
Wah Position - 4
Multi-FX Control - 11

I donĀ“t know, is it? smile

Where do I do the setup? In MM or 11R? Where should these numbers be inserted?

#39068 - 04/13/14 09:30 AM Re: Rocktron Midimate + Hex problems [Re: hellalive]
jesling Offline
advanced member

Loc: Florida Panhandle / Chicago
You would set it up on the MidiMate. I have always just plugged my expression pedal into the back of the 11R, but hopefully the following will help you get up and running. I posted this a few years ago ...

Plug in the midi mate power (no need to hook up to the 11R).
Tap the access button twice to get into controller mode.
Tap the 2ND button to get into edit mode.
Tap the 6 button twice to set the midi channel and wait for scrolling text to stop (0 & 1 buttons scroll up or down to choose channel).
I chose channel 1 (I think the 11R is already set to listen on all channels so I didn't change it).
Tap 2ND button to exit and then again to go back into edit mode.
Tap the 6 button three time to get to to controller assignment (and wait for scrolling text to stop)
First choice is to set up your expression pedal (I left mine OFF for now and just run my expression pedal to the back of the 11R - so you're on your own here if you want to set it up).
Tap the 6 button twice to get to btn 5 setup.
0 & 1 buttons scroll up and down to choose continuous controller number (refer to 11R user guide for the controller number for each effect).
I chose 25 to tell pedal 5 to tune on/off DIST.
Tap button 6 to move to setup for button 6 (and repeat for buttons 7,8,9).
I set 6 to 86 for FX2
I set 7 to 36 for Reverb
I set 8 to 50 for MOD
I set 9 to 28 for Delay
Press the 2ND button to exit edit mode.

That is all for your initial setup. I leave mine set up this way.

You can use your pedal this way BUT when you switch from patch to patch those effects that are being controlled with buttons 5-9 will always be turned OFF until you turn them on (which really isn't helpful to me in a live situation).

So this is my weekly setup:

After dialing in my sound on the 11R for each weeks set I again power up the midi mate (don't plug into the 11R but do turn it on).

Tap the Access button to get into controller mode.
Tap 1 to setup your first preset.
Tap the 2ND button for edit mode.
Tap the 6 button once and wait for scrolling text to stop.
Use 0 & 1 buttons to assign a patch/song title (5 & 6 buttons move you to the back and forth to choose next letter).
After title is set tap the 2ND button to exit edit mode.

Now look at your 11R to see what effects are turned on for that preset, and tap each button (5-9) on the midi mate to set that initial state (on or off).

The reason you have to do this is that the 11R doesn't send that midi info to the pedal. The pedal tell the 11R what should be on or off.

Once you have a red light above each button/effect that should be on for that patch tap the 2ND button to enter edit mode and then the 4 button to save/store those settings.

Now you should be out of edit mode and can then tap 2 to move to your next preset and repeat.

I typically have 5-10 presets for each weeks set, so this setup doesn't take long.

Using the pedal live:
I set it in controller mode to tap through patches 1-4 (and use 5-9 to turn on/off effects)
When I need to get to preset 5 I first tap the access button to switch to bank mode, tap 5 and then tap access to get back into controller mode. Now 0-4 buttons will be presets 5-9.

I hope this helps you get up and running.

#39092 - 04/15/14 10:11 AM Re: Rocktron Midimate + Hex problems [Re: jesling]
hellalive Offline

That step-by-step was the first thing I did to setup my midi mate, but it doesn't help me how to get the Hex expression pedal to work as a wah. frown