Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38851 - 03/29/14 12:12 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I have the 4th gen iPad and never have had any latency at all, I do use the Line 6 sonic port with the lightning connection never had any clicking either, I have had the switch from bias to jamup xt work then go back to bias it work the back to jamup xt and no sound thing... very aggravating!!! then sometimes when I boot the iPad and didn't have the sonic port in yet and even with it start out with no sound and had to kill program and sometimes still had to reboot the iPad.

over all it sounds good when working, I never have had to change the to the low latency setting as well. maybe it needs a faster cpu or its the interface?!?!?

maybe this would work and you could use the FCB1010

#38852 - 03/29/14 12:18 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: jaminjimlp]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Hey sing were you able to use the FCB1010 with your interface? I think this would be essential for live use at church for me because its hard to stay in the flow using the volume knob on the guitar. that is one of the reasons I am trying the GNX4... I see what you mean about getting lost in the mix now though, what was a good live heavy and clean preset for you on it? I was able to load your back up.... sorry for going off topic guys....

#38855 - 03/29/14 09:16 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i haven't tried the midi pedal yet because i haven't been able to get the ipad 2 setup stable enough to consider using live.

i was trying to upload bias amps that i made, so that explains it. that's pretty lame!

#38858 - 03/29/14 06:50 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Christophersad
Yeaaa! I really want to hear What u think of bias to see if it match my perception of that app !

ok,now that u had the time to try it,i can share my tought,and i have to say that i also think bias is good but not that good.sure a step over more of the standard modeler,maybe better than pod hd but not on par or better than 11r.
i a/b ed 11r and bias/jamyp a lot and i have to say that 11r has far more "tridimensional" sound, a lot more dinamic and a lot less glitch. still we gotta think that its a 13$ app wink

#38861 - 03/30/14 12:54 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

for the money, bias and jamup are some cool tools to jam with at the house or on a tour bus. if used for a writing tool or just to warm up before a gig, it's quite good.

i too find the bias/jamup a little too unstable and non-3 dimensional as compared to the eleven rack.

#38908 - 04/03/14 03:44 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

updated software and things are working better now.

i made some presets that are actually pretty darn good.

will try out the midi pedal and see how stable this thing will be at practice.

#38910 - 04/03/14 04:51 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I guess all of us have varied experiences with JamUp and Bias, depending on what we expect from it, and the various types of hardware we each have, but I'm glad you're getting something good out these apps, Ross.

I haven't yet updated JamUp... I'm going to wait until after this weekend's gigs. If, by then, there are no complaints online about it then I'll update.

So far though, my experiences on stage with JamUp have been as good as they've been with the 11R. That includes MIDI patch selection and Control Changes for stompbox selection, both of which I access through the SoftStep pedal.

#38911 - 04/03/14 05:21 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
singtall Offline
veteran member

look for Singtall bias amps and let me know what you think. i posted three presets: two are my standard type of krunch, and one is all out metal.

#38912 - 04/03/14 06:08 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
They are making a vst version of bias!
Could be nice!

#38913 - 04/03/14 06:24 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I'll have a look for those, Ross.

I'm anxious to try the VST version when it comes out. I'm curious, though, about how they'll price it. Guitar Rig, TH2, Amplitube and others are kind of pricey (or very pricey) compared to iOS apps like JamUp. I wonder if Positive Grid will offer their VST versions for the same $20 as the iOS versions or will they soak us like the others do?

Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 21 22 >