Page 12 of 25 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37954 - 02/18/14 01:27 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! ***** [Re: Str@man]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Str@man
Originally Posted By: Christophersad
This put some gas on me,but i cant find one under euro 500 frown its a very nice guitar and im interested in sustainer too,how it works?

Hey Christophersad,

Here's how the sustainer sounds when a non-professional (a guy that plays in his basement) plays it - you can sustain cords as well as lead notes, etc:

https://soundcloud.com/str-man

Scroll down and click on "YAHWEH's Rising Son"

I'm only playing the lead and vocals on this and I recorded this before I got my 11R, but it will give you an idea of how she sounds in a different setting than the YT video.

If you get a chance to get one I totally recommend it (for what my opinion is worth) blush

Here's my Fernandes - Her name's Ruby:

PmS: To my very untrained ears, the sustainer sounds like a built-in Ebow..

Many thanks mate! Now more gas 4 me grin

#37960 - 02/18/14 04:56 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Asgrim Offline

Loc: Tampa,Fl,USA
digitech vavlve fx is pretty solid(I own a couple) and blows away gsp1101(tone wise) and its only a couple of decades older.

I've looked into a couple of the mic mods but hesitant to spend the money but probably worth the gamble seeing how u87 is slightly expensive

#37970 - 02/18/14 08:45 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
DaytonFlyer Offline
advanced member

As requested! Here's a pic of my #1. Built by hand from scratch. No CNC, no warmoth or mighty mite body or neck.

Here's my homemade LED board. Built the angled box, loaded with LED bars and used lexan for the top. has a remote and can do over one million colors!

Here's a few bodies/necks in various stages of construction:

#37989 - 02/19/14 09:24 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Christophersad]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: Str@man
This put some gas on me,but i cant find one under euro 500 frown its a very nice guitar and im interested in sustainer too,how it works?

Hey Christophersad,

Here's how the sustainer sounds when a non-professional (a guy that plays in his basement) plays it - you can sustain cords as well as lead notes, etc:

https://soundcloud.com/str-man

Scroll down and click on "YAHWEH's Rising Son"

I'm only playing the lead and vocals on this and I recorded this before I got my 11R, but it will give you an idea of how she sounds in a different setting than the YT video.

If you get a chance to get one I totally recommend it (for what my opinion is worth) blush

Here's my Fernandes - Her name's Ruby:

PmS: To my very untrained ears, the sustainer sounds like a built-in Ebow..

Many thanks mate! Now more gas 4 me grin

she's a beauty!!! me likey!!!

#37990 - 02/19/14 09:29 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: DaytonFlyer]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: DaytonFlyer
As requested! Here's a pic of my #1. Built by hand from scratch. No CNC, no warmoth or mighty mite body or neck.

Here's my homemade LED board. Built the angled box, loaded with LED bars and used lexan for the top. has a remote and can do over one million colors!

Here's a few bodies/necks in various stages of construction:

WOW!!! my friend you have quite the talent for building and the paint on that one is stellar, thanks for sharing....

#37997 - 02/19/14 04:52 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
DaytonFlyer Offline
advanced member

Thanks! The guitar is actually more blue than it looks in the picture. I was going for a faded denim kind of look. I stained the entire top black, then sanded it back until the black just remained in just the low spots of the quilt, then stained a darker blue, sanded that back, and then stained a lighter blue, and lightly sanded that so there's a lot of depth between those 3 colors, plus the highest spots of the quilt are slightly naturalbwood. I always wondered how PRS guitars had so much depth to their quilt tops, and then I had the opportunity to take a tour of the PRS factory about 10 years ago, and in the finish section, I saw folks hand staining every quilt top black first, and then sanding it back before applying the final color, so I did the same!

#38016 - 02/20/14 10:02 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: DaytonFlyer]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

That is interesting how that works and it looks phenomenal!!!

About 20 or so years ago when lived in Maryland I knew a fellow that worked at PRS factory doing the final set ups and he had an unfinished one that he made from some "seconds" and was letting his girlfriend play in an all girl rock band and it was very nice even for a second. He talked about guys like ted nugent and others that came in to pick up there guitars and those were the only ones at that time that Pual would do the final setups on any more. I would have liked to tour that place my self but never thought about it I guess.

#38111 - 02/22/14 09:07 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Cush Offline

Loc: Dublin
1.whats your name? Declan

2.where do you live? Dublin, Ireland

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Indie/classic Rock/pop and generally anything interesting

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends?At this moment I just jam/record from home.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Mesa Boogie Lonestar Special....I'd never leave my man cave if I owned one and that would piss my wife off even more.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Alesis midiverb ii.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Gretsch 6122 Chet Atkins Country Gent....currently waiting on TV jones bridge pup after stock filtertron went kaputt.

8.Recording gear and or software? 11r and PT8

9.Other gear worth a mention? POD X3....have grown to dislike its HF fizziness and general poor amp emulation compared to other modelers. However it serves me well as a midi footswitch for the 11r.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Immediately realized it was an upgrade on the Line 6 products. I now have it over a week and its sounding better each day as I dial in my favorite tones.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM / email

#38139 - 02/23/14 07:47 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
MildlyMoist Offline

1.whats your name? Nic

2.where do you live? England

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, metal (prog/br00talz/djent/melodic), classic rock, bit of blues, acoustic, jazz on the occasion.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Jamming, pub music cover band for income.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Fryette 2/50/2

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Yamaha ns10 studio monitors

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? LP standard

8.Recording gear and or software? Long list, home studio. Cubase, pro tools 10

9.Other gear worth a mention? Joe meek mc2 vintage

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Had it two weeks, cant afford superpack. Satisfied with the bognor for now.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me with your email address

#38170 - 02/24/14 09:49 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: MildlyMoist]
max_axe Offline

1.whats your name? Billy B

2.where do you live? Texas

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? blues, classic rock, rock, metal

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? 1970's-1980's Buster Hymen and the Penetrators, now just diddling at Wacksville Studio.
Currently jamming in home studio.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Fractal Audio Axe-FX or Kemper Profiler

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1993 Strat Deluxe Plus, 1993 Ibanez Jem 7VWH

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? 1993 Strat Deluxe Plus

8.Recording gear and or software? Focusrite, Motu, 11 Rack, Logic Pro 9, Pro Tools 11

9.Other gear worth a mention? Roland Fantom X8, Pigtronix Pedals,

10.The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Already updated when 1st purchased and I loved it then and even more now. Lots of patches satisfy me and it records convincingly.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me!
Egnater Renegade with 212x Cab

Page 12 of 25 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 24 25 >