Page 11 of 25 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#37772 - 02/12/14 09:04 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! ***** [Re: philbert_s]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: philbert_s
Hello all!

1. What's your name? Philbert

2. Where do you live? US/UK. I travel a lot.

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? The blues

4. You in a band or just jamming with friends? Was in bands for years, ran a studio now just enjoy playing / jamming with friends

5. Whats your most wanted gear? Cornell LegACy30

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Beater 80’s sigma acoustic

7. What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Reissue 57 Strat

8. Recording gear and or software? Logic

9. Other gear worth a mention? Love my Sparkledrive

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Not impressed with the onboard patches. *Unbelievably* impressed with some of the patches from this website, which is why I joined. This thing has huge potential.

11. Whats the best way to get in contact with you? pm here I reckon

Thanks for sharing .......... Get some pix up for us please.

#37775 - 02/12/14 10:53 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Rob Wots Offline
advanced member

Loc: Manchester UK
Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
Originally Posted By: Rob Wots
hi everyone,
my name is rob and i live in manchester england.
i like both kinds of music, electric and acoustic rock.
i have two guitars, an 80's kramer bitsa (made from parts) and a taylor electro acoustic which i think might be some kind of prototype. not sure but it's a beauty smile
my other instruments are a yam clav pf p100 keyboard and a mex fender jazz bass.
i make music mostly with my younger bruv johnny in my home studio. we write, play and record for fun but i still want to try and make some good sounding tracks.
my most wanted gear is a new pair of headphones, or at a pinch new ear pads for my split dt100's.

i'm new to recording on a pc but i've been home recording for about ten years on a pretty much worn out korg d1600.
i've had my eleven rack and pro tools since friday. it's just brilliant. i can't stop grinning...LOL

Sounds nice bro... Try to post some pix for us!
i added a couple of pics today. i had to restrain myself from showing them from every angle...lol

#37781 - 02/12/14 03:54 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: X-Mann

Dragonfly elite $350 on Craigslist

THIS is a SICK looking Axe my friend!!!!! Nice score!!!!! cool

Yes it was an excellent score, it has a through neck and very thin, probably the easiest playing guitar I have ever picked up. The guy I got it From had action totally jacked up when I got it and the bridge was being pulled way up I think I need some new springs for the whammy but I use 8's on it and haven't really needed to do anything except the original setup.

This put some gas on me,but i cant find one under euro 500 frown its a very nice guitar and im interested in sustainer too,how it works?

#37906 - 02/16/14 05:30 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Christophersad]
DaytonFlyer Offline
advanced member

New to the forums so here goes!

1. What's your name? Brian

2. Where do you live? Dayton, OH but born and raised in Cleveland

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? Lots of everything!

4. You in a band or just jamming with friends? In a coverband called RedLightGo!

5. Whats your most wanted gear? 1959 Les Paul
Anyone wanna loan me $150k? Lol

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1974 Strat

7. What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? I hand build my own guitars from scratch (no cnc'd bodies or necks) and the first one I did is still my fave. Hundreds of gigs and thousands of hours with it. I'll be buried with that axe!

8. Recording gear and or software? Protools

9. Other gear worth a mention? Love my GCP midi controller and my home made LED loaded pedalboard!

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Loved it then and love it now!

11. Whats the best way to get in contact with you? pm

#37926 - 02/17/14 09:26 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: DaytonFlyer]
Asgrim Offline

Loc: Tampa,Fl,USA
1. What's your name? Asgrim

2. Where do you live? Tampa,Fl

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? Classical,many forms of metal and anything done well

4. You in a band or just jamming with friends? In BANDS

5. Whats your most wanted gear? Neumann U 87

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Peavey rockmaster(I think)

7. What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Dean Deceiver

8. Recording gear and or software? Protools HD, Uad Apollo, Various vintech pre's,control 24,various mics, etc, etc

9. Other gear worth a mention? Digitech vavle fx, peavey rockmaster. oldies that I just cant let go of

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? brought it home and went threw presets and was less than impressed at first go but after jumping into the machine and dialing in some tones like I would a real amp it started to put a smile on my face, very impressed now

#37940 - 02/18/14 09:35 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Christophersad]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Christophersad
Originally Posted By: X-Mann

Dragonfly elite $350 on Craigslist

THIS is a SICK looking Axe my friend!!!!! Nice score!!!!! cool

Yes it was an excellent score, it has a through neck and very thin, probably the easiest playing guitar I have ever picked up. The guy I got it From had action totally jacked up when I got it and the bridge was being pulled way up I think I need some new springs for the whammy but I use 8's on it and haven't really needed to do anything except the original setup.

This put some gas on me,but i cant find one under euro 500 frown its a very nice guitar and im interested in sustainer too,how it works?

I love mine it is on 2 of my guitars...
here is a good example of what you can do with the sustainer....

#37941 - 02/18/14 09:37 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: DaytonFlyer]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: DaytonFlyer
New to the forums so here goes!

1. What's your name? Brian

2. Where do you live? Dayton, OH but born and raised in Cleveland

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? Lots of everything!

4. You in a band or just jamming with friends? In a coverband called RedLightGo!

5. Whats your most wanted gear? 1959 Les Paul
Anyone wanna loan me $150k? Lol

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1974 Strat

7. What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? I hand build my own guitars from scratch (no cnc'd bodies or necks) and the first one I did is still my fave. Hundreds of gigs and thousands of hours with it. I'll be buried with that axe!

8. Recording gear and or software? Protools

9. Other gear worth a mention? Love my GCP midi controller and my home made LED loaded pedalboard!

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Loved it then and love it now!

Realy would love to see some pix of that guitar and peddle board!!!

#37945 - 02/18/14 10:31 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Asgrim]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Asgrim

5. Whats your most wanted gear? Neumann U 87

Digitech vavle fx

I wanted one of the valve fx units after seeing one in action a few times, it has some very smooth distortion, never found one at a good price though...

here is some interesting stuff on the U 87 and some others the site has some interesting stuff on rewiring mics and upgrading components to get a $100-$200 mic to sound like a $2500 mike with about $250 and some time doing the mod, if your into that. I wanted to try to make a ribbon mic but just don't have the time to mess with it.
mic shoot out
Neumann U-87
MXL 990 mod
U47 Copy

Mods for the SCM-960
Microphone PartsMicrophone Parts
The Nady SCM microphones come with a K67-type capsule, which produces a bright, exaggerated high-frequency response that can quickly become tiring on many sources. The mics can be quickly revoiced by swapping the capsule for the RK-47, a Neumann K-47 copy that has a broader, flatter, and lower HF presence peak than the K67, and which naturally presents a more honest, less hyped, mids-forward sound.

read more

#37946 - 02/18/14 11:30 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Christophersad]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Christophersad

Hey Christophersad,

Here's how the sustainer sounds when a non-professional (a guy that plays in his basement) plays it - you can sustain cords as well as lead notes, etc:

https://soundcloud.com/str-man

Scroll down and click on "YAHWEH's Rising Son"

I'm only playing the lead and vocals on this and I recorded this before I got my 11R, but it will give you an idea of how she sounds in a different setting than the YT video.

If you get a chance to get one I totally recommend it (for what my opinion is worth) blush

Here's my Fernandes - Her name's Ruby:

PmS: To my very untrained ears, the sustainer sounds like a built-in Ebow..

#37947 - 02/18/14 11:37 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
DaytonFlyer Offline
advanced member

I'll snap some pics of the main axe and LED pedalboard tonight as well as pics of a couple bodies and necks under construction too!

Page 11 of 25 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 25 >