Page 6 of 22 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#39382 - 05/04/14 02:21 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i go for a particular type of amp....think jcm800 modded by Forten. it has to clean up with the guitar volume control and compress. i also don't like the distortion to be too flabby. if i can't get the right feel, then i don't bother trying to eq it, i just abandon the rig.

my Singtall Krinch preset is the standard i start with, and if i can't duplicate that sound and feel, it's over for me. if i can get that feel, then i can eq it to sound like all sorts of other rigs.

#39385 - 05/04/14 02:33 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
ive tried all of your presets,but the krunch is a clean when i download it,maybe the upload got broken?

#39386 - 05/04/14 03:21 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

the upload was jacked up. will try to reload it under the name singtall krunch II

#39388 - 05/04/14 08:21 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i uploaded singtall krunch II successfully. it's not as biting as some of the other presets i've heard, but it's the kind of tone that i could jam on for awhile.

the biggest reasons that i don't think i can play around with the software much more is:
1) it's way too noisy! i don't care how you gate it, if you roll back your guitar volume control the hiss is there in spades.
2 the latency changes constantly. every once in awhile i can feel the timing getting off for a little longer than it should be. latency is something that i just can't deal with.

the whole concept is awesome, and if they ever made something like this using the eleven rack as a host it would be pure gold. but the whole ipad/iphone thing doesn't work as professionally as the eleven rack does.

it is still cool to have as a little quick rig for jamming in the bedroom or on vacation.

#39583 - 05/13/14 12:35 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

I upload ed my 1st preset on jamup,its called CRI rock plexiglas,i would like to hear What u think of it smile

#39585 - 05/13/14 03:25 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i will have to try to pry the ipad from my wife's little hands. since the whole jamup/bias thing didn't work so well for me, she took the ipad.

the good news is that a pc version is coming out. i hope the latency level is better so i can try it again.

#39588 - 05/13/14 03:39 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Yea i subscribed to the beta too wink

#39589 - 05/13/14 04:37 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ross, I'm surprised you've experienced such high levels of latency... I think, though, that Bias has more latency than JamUp. Certainly, when I play, there's no detectable latency in JamUp, and I know from experience with my former laptop setup that 15 ms is easily felt and above 20 ms is completely unplayable, so my iPad minis must be below 15. And that's on both the newer 'retina' model and the first-gen model which is supposedly about the same processing power as the iPad 2.
It's a shame because, if nothing else, using the iPad/iPhone/iPod is convenient for its size & portability.

#39590 - 05/13/14 05:14 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
singtall Offline
veteran member

the latency i'm experiencing changes from around 10-25 milliseconds, with no apparent reason. all apps are closed. wifi off.

i haven't had as much issues in jamup, but the tone is not the same, so i don't like it. i can get bias to sound just like an amp in the room, but not in jamup. jamup has some type of stereo simulator that clips the balls right off my tone.

#39592 - 05/13/14 05:41 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Re latency... weird... very weird.

Re clipped balls (LOL)... unfortunate. Still to each his own, I guess. And I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who's made a serious attempt to work with the 11R who'll say it isn't a great sounding unit.

Page 6 of 22 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21 22 >