Page 22 of 22 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42099 - 12/09/14 05:22 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: Marc C.
I did something interesting a few weeks ago...

Just for fun, I brought out my 11R and plugged it into the front input of my Duncan 84-40 amp. I also plugged one of my iThings into my Alto TS110A. Using my Boss NS-2 (output & send), I split my guitar, sending it into both units simultaneously. If the 11R sounds great and JamUp sounds great... and they do..., together the sound was thunderously awesome.

My neighbours probably hate me now... and it's not something I'll abuse them with regularly, but holy moley... it was quite an experience.

If ever I start a regular gig with a full band (including a drummer, in other words) and need stage volume... this is the rig I'll go with.

But yeah, JamUp is just amazing for what I do. Just last Saturday we played to another sold-out show with Brian Tyler headlining, and all three of us on stage were floored by how good it sounded.
marc your sound is in tha hands wink

Edited by Christophersad (12/09/14 05:23 AM)

#43996 - 06/27/15 06:07 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

big big update to tonestack app today!now it can load other inter app audio apps as effects in the chain!!! that means you can load bias or jamup into tonestack then use for example bias amp and tonestack double chained effects ecc, but most of all this means you can actually load ir's in tonestack!!!
go check it out guys!

#45360 - 04/02/16 06:52 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

so any news on this front guys?any new apps or triks?

#45379 - 04/16/16 06:23 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The only 'news' I'm aware of isn't even new... Of course, I refer to Bias FX, which I purchased a while back when Positive Grid was having a sale. I've only messed around with it for an hour or two but really liked it. Being able to run dual amps is, naturally, the best feature, IMO.

But I have a major gripe with PG. They won't allow me to run Bias FX on my iPods, despite the fact that the 6th gen iPod is more powerful than my iPad Mini 2, which can run the app without issue. So, I have an app I like, and want to use, but because of some arbitrary policy decision on the part of Positive Grid, isn't getting used. You might ask why I don't simply use my iPads instead of iPods... Well, 1) my setup is such that the iPods are a better fit and 2) my iPads are being used for keyboard sounds, in different cases and with different hardware.

Bottom line... PG are pissing me off with this decision.

#45381 - 04/17/16 12:17 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

well i dont like many points in their policy too frown

#45418 - 05/16/16 10:29 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Mr.Scotty Offline

Loc: Mexico
I have been using Bias Fx for a few months and have just started using it live. Imust admit it is covering gigs very well. I use the apogee Jam into an ipad. Running cable from headphone out with a good XLR ended cable. Set the PA imput flat with no fx. I am having no latency issues. No noise either. It took a bit of work to dial in excellent clean tones but they are in there. Not a Metal guy and a lot of the presets lean that direction....much the same as my 11R. The first live tryout was at a Jam. When I started to set up the host said "I hope you are not planning on using that...we are 0 for 8 on ipads". It sounded great and he asked what I was using. Had my cleans and was able to roll in some dirt from the guitar. I have ordered BT 4 footswitch for better control of presets plus adding an expression pedal all through bluetooth. I am certainly not giving up the 11R. Love it too much....thanks to Singtall!

#45422 - 05/19/16 05:10 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Mr.Scotty]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

me too,in the end im still using my 11r always at home,its too comfortable and easy too use...and it still sound gr8,but i have a lot of fun with those apps too wink

Page 22 of 22 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22