Page 21 of 22 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41475 - 10/09/14 01:24 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
ok the answer is :

this is played on roland gr with ,gk3 pickups

#41482 - 10/09/14 06:31 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: zacflame]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Positive Grid is issuing download passes, essentially... you sign up... maybe you get the opportunity to buy it. I guess this is a post-beta testing phase to make sure some (I won't say all) of the bugs are worked out.

#41483 - 10/09/14 06:33 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Hmmm... Roland GR, GK3... never would have guessed that. I suppose, then, that the sound really does come from the Roland GR55. Well, in any case, it's a great tone...

#41539 - 10/13/14 11:05 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i just heard of this software and it has a lot of possibilities:

http://www.tseaudio.com/home

#41586 - 10/15/14 07:00 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

I just put up a video with snippets from a show we played on Sunday, October 12. Bit of self-criticism... the guitars were too low in the mix. Other than that, I'm reasonably pleased with the result.

My sound is, as usual, coming from JamUp, and is running straight into the P.A. systems. No dedicated guitar monitor... just a bit of the mix going into a couple of tiny powered monitors... that were pointed at the other guys.

#41588 - 10/15/14 11:10 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
Markus Offline
advanced member

Loc: Deutschland
nice clip, Marc! What does it tell me regarding equipment? Well, just what nobody of us wants to hear: when the mix is done hardly anybody (and certainly not in the audience) will be able to determine if the guitar sound came from a Mesa Boogie Mark V, an 11R, an AxeFX or an iPad app. Dist sounds from your humbucker-strat are fat, chunky, kickin'. Great!
Great singer and great band, by the way!

#41594 - 10/16/14 10:48 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Markus]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Thanks, Markus. Yeah, Brian, even when he's tired from all the shows he does (that was the case here), still has a great Blues voice.

I agree, too, that it's getting really hard to tell what the sound source is. In the end, we, as musicians, have more choice of great sounds than ever before. I still really like my 11R, and I won't be selling it, but the iPad option is just much more portable and convenient for me, especially considering I also have to carry the P.A. and lights as well the instruments.

I bought that particular Strat because I liked the neck feel, and while it's not quite as 'fast' a neck as my other Strats, it plays really well. I did replace the neck & bridge pickups, though, with SD Pearly Gates, and I really like the sound of those for what I do.

#42078 - 12/07/14 09:04 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
DaytonFlyer Offline
advanced member

Consider me among the converts to jamup/bias. I started out using jamup pro XT and bias on an ipad 2. While the jamup plug interface was ok and the ipad had some latency, I could see the potential. I then tried it on my iPhone 5s, which has a much better processor than the ipad 2, and even with the 1/8" jamup plug, I was hooked. I've since purchased an iPad mini retina that has the new A7 chip and a focusrite itrack dock that plugs in via the lightning port. There is 0 latency and it is extremely stable. Using a bias amp I tweaked, I am getting the tone I always tried to squeeze out of my 11R and every other amp and modeller I've owned but never could. I also agree with Marc C that when set up properly and using a powerful ipad, the tone is as good or better than anything I got out of the 11r, and that's saying a lot because I was happy with the eleven and gigged with it for almost 3 years. The 11 was sold and my new live rig is guitar>Korg pitchblack tuner>morpheus droptune>morley tremonti wah>itrack dock with iPad mini retina, and one output goes to the board and the other goes to my two daisy chained alto ts112a's for stage volume. I'm changing presets with an IK blueboard. It's such an easy setup and sounds absolutely phenomenal to my ears.

#42087 - 12/08/14 03:16 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: DaytonFlyer]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
ive tried everything, but i cant say the same, i still feel the 11r in some way is a little superior, at least in feel (maybe its the poweramp compression emulation)
but those apps are developing at quantum speed...every day they get better and better

#42093 - 12/08/14 06:21 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

I did something interesting a few weeks ago...

Just for fun, I brought out my 11R and plugged it into the front input of my Duncan 84-40 amp. I also plugged one of my iThings into my Alto TS110A. Using my Boss NS-2 (output & send), I split my guitar, sending it into both units simultaneously. If the 11R sounds great and JamUp sounds great... and they do..., together the sound was thunderously awesome.

My neighbours probably hate me now... and it's not something I'll abuse them with regularly, but holy moley... it was quite an experience.

If ever I start a regular gig with a full band (including a drummer, in other words) and need stage volume... this is the rig I'll go with.

But yeah, JamUp is just amazing for what I do. Just last Saturday we played to another sold-out show with Brian Tyler headlining, and all three of us on stage were floored by how good it sounded.

Page 21 of 22 < 1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 >