Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38590 - 03/13/14 04:15 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ross, I'm also curious to know what you think of these two apps; your opinion counts for a lot on this forum, I think.

#38593 - 03/13/14 08:21 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: Marc C.
Ross, I'm also curious to know what you think of these two apps; your opinion counts for a lot on this forum, I think.

+1

#38594 - 03/13/14 08:23 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: singtall
i have an ipad 2 on the way thanks to DISH network's new customer deal. it is being shipped to me, so it could be weeks away.....but i will try jamup and bias, so expect to see some presets when i get it.

Can't wait to here what you come up with bro!!!

#38595 - 03/13/14 08:37 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i'm hoping it's as cool as it looks. the cabinet IR will make or break it though.

what guitar interface to i need to buy to plug into the ipad 2?

#38598 - 03/13/14 08:58 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

#38599 - 03/13/14 09:41 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The iRig Pro is what I use, but if you don't need/want MIDI the iRig HD would be fine.

Other options are the Line 6 Sonic Port, Apogee Jam, Griffin GuitarConnect Pro, AmpKit LiNK HD, Alesis ioDock, as well as the above-mentioned Griffin StudioConnect.

But whatever you buy make sure it has the dock connector (CCK on older models, or Lightning on newer), as opposed to something that uses the headphone jack as an input.

#38601 - 03/13/14 09:55 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

That looks good but what outputs does it have? just RCA? it should work fine, definitely let us know. The main thing is that you don't use an interface that plugs in to the ear phone jack, 1. it's not 24/48 quality 2. you will surely rag that jack out. I use the line 6 sonic port it has 1/4" in and out and 1/8 i/o and stereo i/o but you can't charge at the same time and you can't have a midi connection at the same time so you need an "air turn" or something to change presets wile playing. ideally one with the ability to charge, connect midi and 1/4" i/o with the connection to the iPad being at the 30 pin or lightning connector is best (the sonic port comes with both cords but is pricey[$99])

#38602 - 03/14/14 09:10 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: jaminjimlp]
singtall Offline
veteran member

if the app sounds great, then another $99 for a dock that charges the ipad 2 and has the correct ins/outs is worth doing.

amazon.com is selling these docks for half price, so it seemed like a deal worth doing.

#38605 - 03/14/14 05:25 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
mpaoletta Offline

Bias and JamUpPro (right now the free version, just for the TS). For practice is great. But I'm not hooking it up with a speaker, so I'm not really exploiting it. But it feels great.

#38820 - 03/27/14 09:45 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: mpaoletta]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i finally got a chance to hookup the dock and load up the software. first problem: no sound. next problem: echoing distorted junk. fixed those problems and finally got sound.

jamup factory presets were junk (as i thought they would be). bias presets were better. one big problem i encountered is the gain level was low on most high gain amps, but slightly distorted on the clean amps......weird. i adjusted the gain control of my dock to hit zero db on the input only when i strummed extremely hard. that seemed to help.

of the amps featured, none of them felt like the real world amps that i encountered. none of them got me even close to what i'm used to....so time to tweak.

a couple hours later i came up with a "singtall krunch" preset. then i realized i was running late for practice, so i had to stop tweaking for awhile.

when i got home i resumed tweaking. having just played through my real rig, i felt like a knew kinda where i had to go tonally to get what i needed.

the result is two custom amps made in bias called "Singtall Krunch" and "Singtall Klean". i made four jamup presets based on those two amp models. i haven't A/B'd the jamup/bias stuff against the eleven rack yet, but i expect the eleven rack to sound better based on the presets that i already have years of tweaking into.

will post some presets hopefully tomorrow. for now i consider the bias/jamup thing to be nothing more than a practice toy. the latency can be a little much and there are some clicking noises even in normal latency mode plus airplane mode.

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 ... 21 22 >