Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40985 - 09/12/14 12:08 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i wouldn't mind even paying $150 if it sounded just like the ipad version and included some effects and the ability to switch presets without a glitch. if it did that, it would turn your pc into an axe-fx.....which would be a great deal at that price.

i'll wait until my wish list comes true before i buy into it. it would need to make my pc gig worthy for me to shell out the bucks again.

#40989 - 09/12/14 05:08 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
well guys,the infamous "amp matching"can be easily done with 2 free plugin,and you can even save your matching into an impulse file wich can be reloaded everywhere you want,so,if i have to use bias as a vst into a daw with a computer to do an amp match for 150$i still can use 11r or free plugins and do ampmatching with 2 other free plugins...just sayin

#40996 - 09/12/14 07:47 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ross, I would imagine it sounds just like the iPad version, assuming you play it through the same speakers...

I think that PG will eventually port JamUp to the PC and Mac as well, rather than add effects to Bias. It's just another way for them to make more money off each customer.

A while back, just before I got the 11R I was running Overloud TH2 on a laptop for my guitar sound. I really liked the sound I was getting but for some reason the USB port in which the interface was plugged started crashing. Unpredictably, and fairly often. Obviously stability is key; it's even more important than having a good sound, so I needed another solution. Enter the Eleven Rack and the start of this whole adventure. My point is that the PC may not be the way to go... too much stuff going on in the background for it ever to be truly stable. That said, as you know, I currently run iPads for my sound and those are computers... But they're stable, I must admit.

#41001 - 09/12/14 09:34 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

I could hardly get mine to run, on my computer, it runs everything else fine including s gear, 150 seems very excessive to me, the 11 rack plus the own hammer impulse responses are still the way to go for me, I was pumped up but not so anymore.....

#41002 - 09/12/14 09:40 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: zacflame]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

I wonder why the website still says coming soon

#41008 - 09/12/14 04:53 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: zacflame]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
They should just make an all in one pedal with all the Jamup & BIAS stuf, and sell it for $150 lol Even 250 with a foot pedal could be the thing. It would be so much more useful if it didn't need to run off a device or PC/Mac. Maybe that $150 will go toward the R&D, so as soon as we all buy it, they'll have the better all-in-one rack unit with foot pedal. I really see this moving onto a self contained FX unit since they've ported it already. Price point though, who knows who they'll be competing with, Line 6 or Fractal. That thread will be all the rage in 2015 lol

#41009 - 09/12/14 04:56 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: TLTD]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

the peavey muse was a guitar box produced to load vst but it got no love from the users frown

#41010 - 09/12/14 06:23 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

I'd never even heard of the MuseBox. I love the idea of it but from what I've just heard (on YouTube), well, let's just say that it didn't win me over, tone-wise. Still, that's the idea... a computer that isn't running the distraction and resource-hog that is Windows, and that's essentially what the 11R, Kemper and Fractal units are.

If PG did it right, though, I think it would cost an awful lot more than $250... and without expression pedals, at that. Would I like one? Absolutely! Would I be willing to pay big bucks for it? Not likely. No, I think I like my current setup... small, lightweight, great sound and capable of running all kinds of software besides the PG stuff, should I choose to go that route.

#41011 - 09/12/14 06:37 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Well marc, lot will depend on wich software vst you load on the musebox,but the idea was great smile I totally agree the rest you said

#41012 - 09/12/14 06:44 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

You're right. Load TH2 or Kuassa on there... then we'd hear something special. cool

Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >