Page 10 of 22 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#40175 - 07/08/14 01:22 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: Marc C.
Jim, I use the iRig Pro, which has both audio and MIDI input (but not output) to the iPad. That, in conjunction with the KMI MIDI Expander gets me hooked up to my KMI SoftStep.

If you want a Bluetooth connection you could either wait for the BT-4 from Positive Grid - and who knows when that will be released - or you could go for the IK Multimedia BlueBoard, which I have as a backup. Sometimes my guitarist uses it with my backup iPad as well. It works well, the connection seems stable. One of the nice features the BlueBoard offers - two 1/4" inputs for foot controllers (volume, gain, wah, whatever).

I was checking it out [irig pro] and it doesn't have a 1/4" output the stomp box version dose but doesn't have the midi input... AAAARRRGGG!?!?!?! Has anyone seen an interface that has both? I hate the stinkin iPad! I guess I don't like the headphone connection because it is going to get bumped and eventually broken. I think but might be wrong that you don't get 24/48 out of that.

#40176 - 07/08/14 03:52 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: jaminjimlp]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Jim, It's true that the iRig Pro doesn't have an output. So far, I haven't had any issues with the iPad's headphone output, but, like you, I would prefer to have a sturdy 1/4" cable rather than the 1/8" of a headphone jack. Still... so far, so good.

There are units that have it all but they are larger, not surprisingly. The Alesis IO Dock II looks good. The Focusrite iTrack Dock has MIDI, but only the USB variety. Behringer has the iS202, which seems very similar to the Alesis. You give up the very small size (which is important to me) but you gain a lot of functionality.

#40178 - 07/08/14 05:32 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i have a griffin studio dock for sale:

http://store.griffintechnology.com/studioconnect-na17132

$50 shipped to your house. i used it for a few minutes when i checked Bias/Jamup, but i couldn't take the ipad2 latency, so i haven't used the interface ever since.

#40183 - 07/08/14 08:43 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

The Griffin that Ross is selling should do the trick nicely... audio and MIDI. The output is RCA but that's a lot sturdier than 1/8".

#40262 - 07/19/14 02:20 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
Hey marc any news on bias desktop from you ? smile if you don't have time to try it ,I have a fresh Mac here :):):):):):)

Edited by Christophersad (07/19/14 02:21 AM)

#40267 - 07/19/14 07:52 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Marc C. Offline
advanced member

Unfortunately, the Beta test is over... or at least the quota for testers has been reached. Either way... I'm not allowed to download it. I should have moved more quickly on this. I guess I'll have to consider buying the finished product.

#40269 - 07/19/14 09:28 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: singtall]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: singtall
i have a griffin studio dock for sale:

http://store.griffintechnology.com/studioconnect-na17132

$50 shipped to your house. i used it for a few minutes when i checked Bias/Jamup, but i couldn't take the ipad2 latency, so i haven't used the interface ever since.

Dude I would jump on that but I have the 4th gen iPad and it has a lightning port and is not compatible with this one.

#40270 - 07/19/14 09:59 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Marc C.]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Marc C.
The Alesis IO Dock II looks good. The Focusrite iTrack Dock has MIDI, but only the USB variety. Behringer has the iS202, which seems very similar to the Alesis.

I have looked at those as well but only the newer IO Dock II has the lightning port. I will wait for a price drop to pull the trigger on that one, plus then I would have to remove the Otter Box case I use on the iPad. The Focusrite iTrack Dock has USB MIDI.

I still may go for the iRig... not really pressed at the moment.

Edited by jaminjimlp (07/19/14 10:00 AM)

#40271 - 07/20/14 05:36 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: jaminjimlp]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Hey guys,roaming on the App Store I found this new app 4 guitar.it promise good and has also a dual amp/fx chain ability,wich could be really good.i say for less then 5 bucks I give it a shot

https://itunes.apple.com/it/app/tonestack/id870269510?mt=8

http://www.yonac.com/tonestack/index.html

Edited by Christophersad (07/20/14 08:15 AM)

#40273 - 07/20/14 05:02 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

so i didnt resist and bought it, i have still to extensively test it but i had some spare time this evening and i recorded a quick test.
one of the nicest feature is it have full stereo DUAL AMP and fx chain support!!!

https://soundcloud.com/christian-pucciarelli/cri-prova-tonestack-app-rea-consolidated

here it is.

part 1 is amp A
part 2 is amp B
part 3 is A+B in signal split (guitar splitted siognal feed both amps equally)
part 4 is A+B in frequency split mode (signal is split in 2 frequancy path belove and above a setpoint and then the low part fed 1 amp while the high part feed another)

Page 10 of 22 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 >