Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#36873 - 01/17/14 06:46 PM how many of you used ipad guitar apps?
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
title says it all smile
wich one? with wich interface,how u find it?

#36876 - 01/17/14 08:04 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
zacflame Offline
advanced member

Bias, jam upxt, ik multimedia amplitube, amp kit,garage band, studio devil, with a i-rig hd interface, maybe I will do a comparison of them all, here's a quick one on bias. http://soundcloud.com/zac-flame/bias-eleven-rack

#36882 - 01/17/14 09:25 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: zacflame]
NARSH Offline
advanced member

I use JAMPUP and BIAS now.
I've been a huge fan of Positive Grid's high gain tones for a while but now after they introduced BIAS and its Amp design features, I am hooked.

Here is a tune I did using only BIAS/JamUP:

Case In Point - NARSH

#36883 - 01/17/14 10:02 PM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: NARSH]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

Loc: D/FW
all of the above +1

#36885 - 01/18/14 08:01 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Birdie]
Christophersad Offline
veteran member

Loc: Italy
and tell me guys,did you have a chance to try the difference between using a "jack interface" like irig or irig stomp and a dock 30 pin digfital one like mobile in apogee jam etc? cause i tried bias with the jack type (irigstomp) and was not super happy at all,,,,,,lot of hiss hum and rumor, and (the more annoyng fact) dull and lifeless sounds...i hope the interface does a great difference,but must be like night and day to atify me frown

#36886 - 01/18/14 09:10 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: Christophersad]
NARSH Offline
advanced member

I started with the irig and too was super disappointed. But again I figured this was a gimmick app or just a practice tool. Then I purchased an apogee jam lightning for my ipad and was totally blown away. No more feedback, no more quality issues. Definitely worth it to get a quality interface.

#36888 - 01/18/14 11:48 AM Re: how many of you used ipad guitar apps? [Re: NARSH]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
I use this with bias and jamup xt pro, I would not suggest one that connects to the 1/8 inch connection, first off you will ware that sucker out and the sound quality is lower. Here is some stuff from there site..........

Plug into iOS Creativity

Sonic Port makes it easy to connect your guitar or bass to your iOS device and start making music. Simply plug your instrument into the 1/4" guitar input, launch GarageBand, the free Line 6 Mobile POD app, or another CoreAudio app, and start playing. Pro specs—up to 24-bit/48kHz audio quality throughout, and 110dB dynamic range on the guitar input—translate to full, powerful guitar tones.

Sonic Port also transforms your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad into a complete mobile studio. Track keyboards, mixers, CD players and other iOS devices using the 1/8” stereo line input. Plug in your favorite headphones and hear your audio in stunning clarity. You can even connect powered studio monitors via the 1/4” mono/stereo guitar/line-level output.

FEATURES

Sonic Port digital interface

Up to 24-bit/48kHz audio quality
110dB dynamic range on guitar input
1/4” guitar input
1/8” stereo line input
1/4” mono-stereo guitar/line-level output
1/8” stereo headphones output
Compatible with GarageBand, Jammit and other CoreAudio music apps