Page 6 of 25 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#34042 - 07/30/13 03:40 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! ***** [Re: jaminjimlp]
68injunhed Offline
advanced member

Loc: SE Kansas
1.whats your name? Jeff

2.where do you live? Kansas

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? rock, metal are my first loves, although my regular gig now is playing Worship music.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just playing at church for the time being, although I have been thinking about starting another band. The last band I was in was before my youngest was born, and he's 15, so it's been a while...

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? USA Kramer, like I had back in the day.

6. My oldest gear is pretty much N/A at this point. I just started playing again a few months ago, and hadn't had anything for years. I just kind of stopped playing when I left the last band I was in, and was of the mind that if I can't still go all out, I would just stop. Crazy talk, right?

7. My favorite gear right now is my LTD MH350NT. It is my first through-and-through, and is my main squeeze right now. I have a new Jackson X-Series Soloist with a Floyd, but it needs a fret level before it's going to get alot of love.

Recording wise, I'm just getting started, so little to nothing. Once I get my Eleven Rack in my hot little hands,I guess I'll be using ProTools 10.

Currently I'm jamming through a Zoom G3X, but my "in the room" rig will soon consist of the 11r, a Behringer MIDI pedalboard with the 11PROM, and an Alto TS112a, which will eventually be joined by another for stereo goodness. I bought a Bugera 333xl and a 2x12 cab as well, but even though it sounded pretty good, it was beyond noisy, and the Infinium thing started acting up the first night. It has since been returned to MF(shipped yesterday), and as soon as I get credit for it, the 11r will be on the way.

All those years ago, modeling was unheard of, and the only experience I've had with it in the last few years was the POD stuff, which was rather sterile sounding to me. I have always been a tube head/4x12 kind of guy, but after hearing a bunch of clips and watching countless YouTube vids, I am taking the leap. Looking forward to learning the ins and outs of the 11r from you guys here.

Jeff

Edited by 68injunhed (07/30/13 03:59 PM)

#34044 - 07/30/13 04:19 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: 68injunhed]
clint Offline

1.whats your name? clint

2.where do you live? new mexico mountains

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? 80's rock, blues rock

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? spent 40+ years in a rock band. we disbanded when our bass player died a few years ago. i have a weekly solo gig using backing trax. i play all leads, most rhythm and sing lead vocals live. i have spent several years recording/tweaking my trax getting them just right for a solo player/singer.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? nothing. i have owned every desirable guitar/amp/fx/modeler in existance several times over. i dont even look at music catalogues any more. i am 100% happy with my current rig.

6. My oldest gear is a 1959 gibson les paul and a '68 jmp 50 watt marshall. I started playing in 1965 and only stopped for a couple of months when my best friend (the bass player) died a few years ago.
7. My favorite gear right now is my 11r through my pa and my re-issue epiphone genesis deluxe pro. the genie with probuckers easily cops slash, gary moore, page, etc. i sometimes grab my 1985 jackson soloist or one of my strats. depends on the setlist for the night.
Recording wise, I only record and tweak my trax for live performance.

Currently I'm jamming through my performance rig, 11r into my pa and one of my guitars. i seldom ever plug in my marshalls anymore. the 11r does everything they do with zero maintenance smile

clint

#34046 - 07/30/13 05:00 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
mikeB Offline

Loc: Boston area
1.whats your name? - Mike

2.where do you live? -Suburb of Boston

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? - Blues, Funk, Blues with a tiny bit of jazz style, instrumental rock. Lately I've been listening to the Warren Haynes solo album, over and over and over. It's that good.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? -Just doing the home project studio thing. Trying to get enough songs together for an instrumental album. Presently I have a lot of two part songs... (I'm horrible writing bridges for some reason.) I play live when I get a chance to sit in with bands that need help. Very infrequently.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? -An entire rack full of Scholz Rockman gear. Just like when I saw them live in '87.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? I sell gear to buy new gear, so I don't have anything of age. I do have a Sears silvertone amp somewhere out there. I lent it to someone who lent it to someone else... haven't seen it in years. I think I'm gonna try and track it down. I got it at a garage sale in '86, it was old then. Great warm tube sound.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? - My new Wolfgang special & Ibanez AF155 Archtop. Very different guitars, but both equally inspiring.

8.Recording gear and or software? 11 & ProTools. SM'57.

9.Other gear worth a mention? I recently got a 5150iii 100 watt head & 2x12 [censored]. Totally and completely over the top for my needs. I have very little opportunity to actually play it. Now that I can I afford one, I just had to get it.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Honestly, I didn't (and still don't) like the installed presets (and that includes the Sweetwater presets). HOWEVER, when I started with a blank slate and started simple with amps, cabs & mics, that's when the magic happened. Avoiding the tendency to go overboard with effects is important. My original plan was to build my album in proTools with the eleven & a clean track. Then re-amp with my SM 57 mic'ing my 5150III cab, which sounds great, but seriously, lately when I start playing through the Eleven, I ask myself "is it even really necessary to re-amp? To my ears, the Eleven is killing it. I'm very happy.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? Site pm

#34087 - 07/31/13 10:13 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: zepplin490]
GLiDE-BPM Offline

1.whats your name? Will "GLiDE" Mims (and GLiDE has NOTHING to do with my guitar playing. LoL!!!)

2.where do you live? Charleston, SC

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Classic rock, blues, metal, country, occasional jazz. Oh yeah, do the same stuff on a worship team a lot, too. grin

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? In one band, Big Phat Mojo.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Oh heck, why not go ahead and be a cheese head and say Axe FX II and that fancy pants Marshall 4 channel amp with the MIDI switching and programmable footwitch.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Plush G3000 160watt tube head from early 70's. It's modded with a custom tube driven effects loop. You should hear this thing with a digital pedal/rack modeler. It LOVES all pedals from digital to analog. I plug the HD500, Eleven Rack, Vox Tonelab SE into the FX return (I put a send and a return level on the loop so I can control master volume on the modelers through the return).

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? PRS Custom 24 with custom wound Zhangbucker pickups with the "splat" coil tap option.

8.Recording gear and or software? Presonus Firestudio 24x24, Studio One 2, Mackie 2404-VLZ3, a super mack daddy home built recording PC

9.Other gear worth a mention? POD HD500, custom built 50watt tube head from my old band buddy, Ricky Kellems. I can tweak around with a tube amp, Ricky is a freaking GENIOUS with them.
He has built several point to point amps for me over the years, both single and multi-channel.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? It's ridiculously easy to program off the front panel! I think it has a nice tone, particularly into the FX return/power amp input of my tube amps.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? glide-at-homesc-dot-com

Edited by GLiDE-BPM (07/31/13 10:15 PM)

#34089 - 08/01/13 12:11 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: zepplin490]
David(THEVIKING) Offline

Loc: Wisonsin
Hello my Name is David, I just got the eleven rack and I am not quite sure how to use this. I am not a newbie to rack gear preamp/processors.... So I connected mine as follows. Guitar> 11Rack> poweramp> speaker 4x12.... Very basic. Now with that said... I am not sure how to achieve the best sound out of this... I am looking for a stage gigging rig. So 11Rack power amp and speaker cab is my way of keeping it simple. I have reviewed much of the sounds on here and videos. Even the 11racks own how to run live with 11rack to power amp to [censored]. but that video I have no clue what guitar or pickups or strings or power amp or speakers the guy was using. But I play in my own band. Writing originals... So I am not tech or computer savy with computers... That means downloading the preset user created ones you and many players have made.... I cannot download them. I was wondering if there is a way to make the files text form for my to just print up and copy.? or am I SOL and just have to mess with it myself? I really would like a lot of those sounds.... I am usually a old Marshall 2205 head and 50watt celestions in a marshall 1970s 4x12 kinda guy!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated... I could use the help! Thank you for reading and AWESOME SITE! Glad to be part of the group!! :P

#34122 - 08/01/13 07:33 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: David(THEVIKING)]
Wannabe Offline
advanced member

Loc: Peoria, AZ.
Clint, it is so great to hear! I am the same way. Everyone is looking for the next thing to help them out, but my sound right now is what I want. That is just so cool to hear.

David, the only way to get plug and play sounds is to do the singtall superpack. There are a dozen or so sounds that can go straight to the show. Or take a few of them into your computer and tweak them a little here or there. Then, after some tweaking, you will get the hang of the intricacies of the unit by that time to get your own sounds up and running. But grab the pack, and if you need some coin, let me know. It really is THE starting point for this machine.

Edited by Wannabe (08/01/13 07:34 PM)

#34123 - 08/01/13 08:37 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Wannabe]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana

#34124 - 08/01/13 10:09 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Wannabe]
David(THEVIKING) Offline

Loc: Wisonsin
I do not have paypal... I do not even know what a superpack is lol... But if you can help me I sure could use the help... Thank you for replying too. :P

#34125 - 08/01/13 10:44 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: GLiDE-BPM]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: GLiDE-BPM

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Oh heck, why not go ahead and be a cheese head and say Axe FX II and that fancy pants Marshall 4 channel amp with the MIDI switching and programmable footwitch.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Plush G3000 160watt tube head from early 70's. It's modded with a custom tube driven effects loop. You should hear this thing with a digital pedal/rack modeler. It LOVES all pedals from digital to analog. I plug the HD500, Eleven Rack, Vox Tonelab SE into the FX return (I put a send and a return level on the loop so I can control master volume on the modelers through the return)

LOL!!! just about fell out of my chair on that one....

would love to see a pick and hear a clip of that amp....

"david" if you don't have pro tools then you need 11hack, I never have needed to use 11hack but lots of guys here would shurly walk you through it.... with pt you just click on the name of the preset in the 11 rack gui and pick the option "load from computer " and you will see and hear the difference, you save it in much the same way

Edited by jaminjimlp (08/02/13 11:42 PM)

#34126 - 08/02/13 03:23 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Kimball Offline

Hi Guys , name is Kimball from Australia. Just signed up and thought I'd say hello and hope your all well

Thanks
Kimball

Page 6 of 25 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 24 25 >