Page 25 of 25 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#44310 - 08/18/15 12:38 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! ***** [Re: jaminjimlp]
SaberDave Offline

Loc: CA
Hey all!

1. What's your name? Dave

2. Where do you live? So Cal

3. What kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, Hard Rock, Older Metal, Folk/Songwriter, Classical

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just started getting back into things after many years off, started playing with people the last few weeks.

5. What's your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? At this moment the Frakenstrat and SRV replicas from MCG Mills guitars, that guy does some amazing work.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My first guitar. 1980ish Yamaha Enterna acoustic.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Gibson Les Paul Trad.

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack with Protools 12, EZ MIX, EX Drummer

9. Other gear worth a mention? Many other guitars, Egnator Rebel 30, JCM 900 Stereo Combo

10. The day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I loved it the first day I got it. But was only playing every once in awhile. Now getting back into things more seriously it is bittersweet. I love it even more especially from learning form you all how to use it better, but now its not being updated do to business choices at Avid. I mean really? There is nothing at this price point now, the closest is the helix stuff i guess at 1,400. Makes no sense.

But It sounds good today and it will sound good tomorrow.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me here.

#44316 - 08/18/15 06:44 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
COTstudio Offline

Very cool gear.

#44324 - 08/19/15 03:49 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: COTstudio]
SaberDave Offline

Loc: CA
Thx definately more to list lol. Much GAS here.

#44327 - 08/19/15 11:11 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: SaberDave]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Welcome Dave, lets see some pix!!!

#44691 - 10/11/15 12:30 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
PipeRain Offline

Zombie Thread Resurrection!

1.whats your name? Phil Webb

2.where do you live? Salem, Oregon

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Easier to list some stuff I like. Megadeth, Rush, Billie Holiday, GLenn Miller, Thelonious Monk, Satriani (Engines of Creation & Super Colossal), Believer, Thresher, The Prodigy etc. Stuff I don't like? Slayer, Metallica, Death metal and beyond, most pop, all rap (Save one Eminem tune), country (Well, except maybe Dwight Yoakum in very small doses) and "Praise & Worship".

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? For the most part I play to a completely unimpressed dog and a very tolerant and patient wife. I do play at church now and again, which makes the whole "P&W" thing rather odd.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Kicking around the idea of a G-Major and a Dead Horse or Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My "Hubcap on a tractor tire" project. A Squier "Strat" that I swapped out the pickups for Seymour Duncan Hot LiveWires, the tuners for Planet Waves Lockers, the old bridge for a two-post trem and the string trees, nut and saddles for Graph-tech. Did everything but but the trem posts myself, including routing for a 2 X 9v battery box on the back. Freehand with a Dremel no less. crazy

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Most used: LTD MH400 neck-thru with Mustaine Live Wires or Ibby S520ex with Parallel Axis Trembuckers. The fact that the LiveWires are Mustaine signatures is more than just a little off-putting, but they are amazing pickups. They are the most versatile pickups I have ever heard.

8.Recording gear and or software? Just the Pro Tools that came with the 11R, which I have yet to unwrap and install.

9.Other gear worth a mention? WAAAAAAY more than my meager skills would justify!

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? "Where's the sound?" Followed shortly by "HOLY CRAP THIS THING KILLS!" Then I got Singtall's Superpack and I've been in Tone Heaven since.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me for an email address.

...And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten...

#44692 - 10/11/15 12:42 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: PipeRain]
Downrazor11 Offline
advanced member

Loc: Iowa City
Welcome Phil, let us know if we can help!

#44695 - 10/12/15 12:05 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Downrazor11]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Welcome brother!!! I like the squire it looks great!!!

never though about using the dremel tool like a router. I need to make a battery box for one or 2 of mine.

Edited by jaminjimlp (10/12/15 12:09 AM)

#44705 - 10/12/15 10:27 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
PipeRain Offline

Originally Posted By: Downrazor11
Welcome Phil, let us know if we can help!

Oh trust me, when I get ready to fire up PT and start actually trying to record I'll be badgering the heck out of everyone. I am a complete n00b.

Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
Welcome brother!!! I like the squire it looks great!!!

never though about using the dremel tool like a router. I need to make a battery box for one or 2 of mine.

Thanks man! I would recommend using as large of a standard bit as you can get you hands on and wrap it with masking tape so that only a slightly length slightly shorter than your target depth is exposed. The, slowly and gently drill out the four corners of your battery box. (You did mark the box out on the paint right?), then use a paddle bit to CAREFULLY remove a slightly shallower amount out of the middle of the box area. Remember the "Spike" in the middle of the bit so that you don't accidentally punch through the front.

Handy tech tip: if you're doing it on a strat, put your box on the backside behind the pickguard so that if you do punch through, no one knows but you.

Once you have augured out most of the wood, use coarse wood burrs to finish up. I screwed up on mine and didn't tape off the routed area and accidentally scuffed the paint. Lesson learned #2. frown

Be patient, that Dremel will heat up often and if you push very hard at all the burr shaft WILL bend. Ask me how I know. Lesson learned #3.

Anyway, here is the finished product in all it's sketchy glory.

...And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten...

Page 25 of 25 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25