Page 20 of 25 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#42469 - 01/23/15 10:40 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! ***** [Re: forresal]
sparkysimes Offline

Loc: California
1.whats your name? Simon

2.where do you live? Los Angeles, CA (Originally from Australia)

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Rock, Indie, Jazz, Weird

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Recording & writing mostly.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Lexicon Vortex

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? Alesis Quadraverb

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Warwick Alien Fretless Acoustic Bass

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack, RME Babyface & Cubase 8

9.Other gear worth a mention? Warmoth Precision, Fender Jazz, Squier JM Jazzmaster, Baby Taylor Mahogany.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Didn't like the bass patches at first but have tweaked some decent sounds out of it. Sounds far better (fantastic) on guitar. Have spent the past two days tweaking it and am really impressed.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me

#42471 - 01/23/15 12:44 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: sparkysimes]
ADF Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: sparkysimes
1.whats your name? Simon

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Warwick Alien Fretless Acoustic Bass

9.Other gear worth a mention? Warmoth Precision, Fender Jazz, Squier JM Jazzmaster, Baby Taylor Mahogany.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Didn't like the bass patches at first but have tweaked some decent sounds out of it. Sounds far better (fantastic) on guitar. Have spent the past two days tweaking it and am really impressed.

Welcome sparkysimes!

Your post was a nice stroll down memory lane for me, thanks to you mentioning the Lexicon Vortex and the Quadraverb. Two mainstays in my recording rack before Eleven Rack.

I have three variations of the Quadraverb including the GT, from the days when you needed a separate rack effect for each effect in a mix.

I hooked up my Quadraverb GT for the first time in about 15 to years to see how it sounded compared to later modeling devices (POD, 11R). I was actually surprised how good it sounded, despite bad reviews online.

The effects were good to my ears, though the distortion in the GT left a LOT to be desired. But that highly polished rack sound heard on so many pop records from the 80's and 90's is certainly within its reach.

As for the Vortex, I seem to recall buying very inexpensively as I don't know that it ever caught on. From my recollection I didn't use it much.

#42478 - 01/24/15 07:53 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: sparkysimes]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: sparkysimes
1.whats your name? Simon

Welcome
I would like to see some pix!!!
and enjoy your welcome package

#42489 - 01/24/15 05:17 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
1.whats your name? Michael

2.where do you live? Charlotte, NC

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Hard Rock, Metal, Djent, Progressive Metal, Acoustic

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? I was in a band for ten years. We were signed to a major, toured with a lot of great bands, and I had a lot of fun. I had to sacrifice other things (delay college, not play college football, get a late start on the real world after it was over, etc.), but I wouldn't trade it for anything. As for now, I'm trying to make the best music I'm capable of in my home studio. I'm finally getting around to recording all of the lost songs and the songs that didn't make the cut in the past.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? I'd give my left foot for the new Ibanez JEM77P that I've seen advertised for the 2015 NAMM. I would also like to get my hands on a Tosin Abasi 8 String, or the Ibanez Jake Bowen.

I'm also dying to try the Kemper Profiler processors. I like the Eleven Rack, a lot, but it constantly sounds like there's a ground loop issue, making many patches useless.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My oldest piece is my first guitar: A $99 Harmony guitar that that I received for my 9th birthday in 1987.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? My Ibanez S770, following closely by my Ibanez RG 450 DX that I upgraded with DiMarzio Evolutions.

8.Recording gear and or software? Pro Tools 10.3.9, Reason 7, Michael Joly Hulk mic, Rode NT1, Shure SM57, Neumann KM 184, Eleven Rack, Line 6, Presonus Eureka, ART Pro VLA II, DBX 166, Mackie MR6mk3 monitors. Seagull Natural Elements Acoustic, Peavey, ESP, Epiphone and Ibanez electric guitars.

9.Other gear worth a mention? Autotune and Melodyne... when I can't find vocalists and I have to settle.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I'm just now learning to use it, and I'm struggling with re-amping settings, dialing in my perfect tones, and a noisy ground loop sounding buzz on some patches. I'd love it if I could solve the noise issue.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? E-Mail and PM

Thank you for having me!

#42501 - 01/25/15 08:45 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Wannabe]
William Offline

Loc: Ga.
1: What's your name? William
2: Where do you live? Leesburg, Georgia
3: What Kind of music? Classic Rock, Southern Rock, Modern Country, Americana.
4: You in a Band or just jamming with friends? In 2 Bands (maybe 4, depending on if active or not).
5: Most wanted gear? That's a toss up. Would love to go wireless.
6: Oldest piece of gear? my 1992 Jackson USA SL2H.
7: Most used or favorite guitar? My Fender American Standard 5-string Bass.
8: Recording gear or software? PT 11.3, Presonus Studio One (Artist)
9: Other gear worth mentioning? I have all sorts of guitars laying around and stored. Got rid of all my non-used stomps a long time ago.
10: First impression of the 11R when I got it home? "Oh boy, lots of neat toys to play with and use!"
11: Best way to contact me? PM

#42574 - 01/28/15 03:36 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: William]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Loc: Italy
1.whats your name? Alessandro

2.where do you live? Rome (Italy)

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? I love everything from classical to metal, but i mostly play hard rock and metal these days.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? I took a year off from bands to record an EP with some friends, so now I'm mostly recording and writing music at home.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Brunetti Mercury

6. What is your oldest piece of gear? 1991 Ibanez Jem 77BFP

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? I love them all. smile

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack, Reaper

9.Other gear worth a mention? Ibanez RGT3020, Ibanez RG570FM, Ibanez Sir27FED, Ibanez RG7420, Brunetti 059, G-major.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? Hated most of the presets, but liked the amp models and the feeling when playing. Satisfied.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM

#42578 - 01/28/15 06:38 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Ichil]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
@Briz: what was the name of the band you toured with?

@William: Hey neighbor, I live in Griffin and there is another fella here from Columbus... I have been using a Line 6 G50 for about 3-4 years and it is Awesome and never had a signal issue. (even when I took off running across the feild that time) grin

@Ichil: Your not an "Ibanez guy" cool are you?!?!?!?!

@ALL: pix ,pix,pix we wana see pix!!! if you can't get your personal pix up on here google some that are like yours and post them....

Also you need the Singtal supperpack , get the sample pack and check it out you will love it!!!

Edited by jaminjimlp (01/28/15 06:41 AM)

#42580 - 01/28/15 07:04 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Ichil Offline
advanced member

Loc: Italy
Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
@Ichil: Your not an "Ibanez guy" cool are you?!?!?!?!

Who? Me? Naaaaah, I'm a Fender fanboy! smile

Quote:
@ALL: pix ,pix,pix we wana see pix!!! if you can't get your personal pix up on here google some that are like yours and post them....

I'll try to even if I'm the worst photographer ever. wink

#42582 - 01/28/15 08:06 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Ichil]
William Offline

Loc: Ga.
No disposable funds attm. I have been looking, wife knows I'm looking, LOL. Really need to sell off some of my (non-music) stuff and horde the money for another 11R and wireless.

#42592 - 01/28/15 09:14 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: William]
Briz Offline
advanced member

Loc: NC
@jaminjimlp... How do I post pics? I'll gladly share. And, the band was Third Degree, which later was changed to Headsick (after members left and there was an ancient band that still held the rights to that name).

Page 20 of 25 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 24 25 >