Page 19 of 25 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#41671 - 10/23/14 10:53 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! ***** [Re: jaminjimlp]
Brindle Offline

Hello
I am using my Eleven R live and really liking it. Glad to find this wealth of info here and at DUC. A lot of my concerns have been answered by scrolling back to the date Eleven R was released and reading/playing catch up. This thing will keep me happy and busy for some time!

Brindle

#41672 - 10/23/14 10:57 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Brindle]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Welcome and yes it will...

#41944 - 11/21/14 06:44 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
forresal Offline

Loc: Ohio
New user here.

Just picked up a second hand 11R for a price I couldnt resist. This thing sounds great so far!

Bought it to get a different flavor of modeling a Vox AC30. Been a long time POD user (X3, HD500) and have been uninspired. Also really digging the 11R's MS-30 (Matchless) model. The 11R for me is mostly for home silent practice and possibly recording if I get the nerve.

For now I'm running a few overdrives and DTS 3kp (SDD-3000 preamp clone) into the front of the 11R with a Strymon Timeline and BlueSky in the loop. Really enjoying the tones.

My influences are pretty generic: U2, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Contemp P&W, etc.

The seller mentioned singtall's rigs so hopefully I can check those out and be even more inspired!

#41946 - 11/21/14 07:27 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: forresal]
Oblivion Offline

Loc: Illinois
Howdy!

Very recent Mac convert, slightly less recent R11 re-homer (got both in the last couple weeks). Bought mine used for a steal - got the PT10 license w/ iLok and the latest .zip of Sweetwater patches - really good seller.

Mostly play a mostly stock Gretsch 5120 through it, but have also messed around with bass, vocals, and my silly shred-machine Ibanez RG-560.

Loving the recording interface and the inspiration from the patches. Currently using Reaper as my DAW as PT10 RUNS on Yosemite, but it's not real pretty. And Reaper is pretty darn good.

I've checked out a few of the community rigs while I was waiting for my approval to go through. Some really solid stuff. Nice work. I have a couple of the Dream Theater and the ZZ Top Tush rigs loaded up right now.

I hope to learn and share a bunch more. Thanks for having me.

#41947 - 11/21/14 08:29 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Oblivion]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Welcome sir and if you decide PT10 is not for you give me a shout! smile

#41948 - 11/21/14 11:06 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Rushian]
Oblivion Offline

Heh, I'll PROBABLY spring for a PT11 upgrade once they officially support Yosemite, and PT10 will run on my old Win7 box if I want/need it, but if I decide I don't, I'll let you know. wink

#41957 - 11/21/14 09:09 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: zepplin490]
Jig Dagod Offline

Loc: TX (Texas)
1.whats your name? Jig Dagod

2.where do you live? San Antonio, TX

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Hip Hop, R&B, Jazz

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? playing by myself. Learning the bass and electric guitar

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Don't know

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? My Fender Jazz Bass that I got from craiglist a few months back. It was built in 2002

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? All of them. I have a fender acoustic-electric, fender jazz bass and rocketeer electric that I just picked up to learn.

8.Recording gear and or software? Eleven Rack, UAD Apollo and Pro Tools.

9.Other gear worth a mention? Akai MPC Renaissance I use to create my music on

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I loved it! Especially after hooking it up to Pro Tools and seeing that it can easily recall your settings you recorded. That blew my mind. I haven't played with it much since, but I'm really excited about getting to learn it.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me

#41961 - 11/22/14 08:59 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Jig Dagod]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Nice to have some more new folks here welcome all and I use PT11 on Yosemite and PC and it works fine.... you may want to jump on that upgrade ($199.00 RIGHT NOW!!!) before they stop the sale as for anyone that uses PT it is good all the way back to PT6 so you guys still on PT8 here... NOW is the time!!!

#41963 - 11/22/14 09:47 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Oblivion Offline

Yes, thought December something it includes updates through 2016 - I have a reminder on my calendar to see how good a boy I've been come Christmas time (just dropped a wad of cash on the MBP, 11R, EZDrummer2, a GoPro, and a few other things, so need to cool the credit card off wink ).

BTW, forresal, nice U2 quote. Big fan, especially of the older stuff.

#41964 - 11/22/14 09:51 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Oblivion]
forresal Offline

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: Oblivion

BTW, forresal, nice U2 quote. Big fan, especially of the older stuff.

laugh

Huge fan of the UF era.

Page 19 of 25 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 24 25 >