Page 13 of 25 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#38181 - 02/24/14 08:15 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! ***** [Re: max_axe]
Dutchgin Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. New to the eleven rack and fairly new to guitar playing.

1.whats your name? Lance

2.where do you live? New Mexico USA

3.what kinda music you into, and or play? Just a beginner but love all types of music.

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends? Just play at home

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]? Build a Matchless AMP

6 What is your oldest piece of gear? 1980's Crybaby

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have? Only have 2.. Carvin ST-300 and Gibson LP Classic

8.Recording gear and or software? Protools 10, Reaper

9.Other gear worth a mention? Small collection of pedals. Blackstar 5HT-R, Alto TS115A

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now? I love it. Still learning the ins and outs and glad I found this forum.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me with your email address

Edited by Dutchgin (02/24/14 08:17 PM)

#38265 - 02/27/14 09:24 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: MildlyMoist]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Loc: Georgia
Originally Posted By: MildlyMoist
cant afford superpack. Satisfied with the bognor for now.

He asks for a donation of "ANY AMOUNT". make a small one now and later maybe you can do more...

if there is a specific tone that you want make a post with a example clip and some one will surly help

#38277 - 02/27/14 03:00 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
solidwalnut Offline

Loc: AZ
1.whats your name?

Steve Cass

2.where do you live?

Chandler, AZ (greater Phoenix metro)

3.what kinda music you into, and or play?

Classic rock, blues, Contemporary Christian (covers a lot of styles from metal through that classic U2-type live sound)

4.You in a band or just jamming with friends?

In a band called Spilled (http://www.spilledmusic.com). I've also been a worship leader in the past and have played in church bands for years.

5.Whats your most wanted gear [that you don't have yet]?

Hmmm...I'm currently interested in TC Helicon's Voice Live Touch. It's intriguing to be able to have awesome harmonies and vocal effects at your fingertips live.

6 What is your oldest piece of gear?

'79 Les Paul 'The Paul' model. I also have a Lab Series L11 200W solid state amp I got around the same time.

7.What is your most used or favorite guitar you have?

Probably have to say my PRS custom 22 Tobacco Sunburst.

8.Recording gear and or software?

PT11. I made the full switch to digital when PT7 came out. Before that, I was using a Tascam DM24 digital board into Tascam DA-78HR digital tape recorders.

9.Other gear worth a mention?

Just now am finishing up a guitar build from a kit. It's a Precision Guitar Kit '59 LP replica, and I've had a ton of fun building it! Lot of work, but well worth it.

See, I've been playing guitar forever, but I never really paid attention to how they tick until about 4 years ago. I decided that that I was going to build a guitar exactly to my specs and also be able to set it up to play according to my specs. It's a fun thought having total control over what I play. I'll post some pix, and will probably make a video summarizing the build progress.

10.the day you got it home what was your first impression of the 11 rack and what do you think now?

I've been eyeballing the 11R for several years, but could never justify getting one. But Sweetwater put together the bundle that I couldn't refuse: I am currently running PTLE 8.0.5, but I wanted to wait to upgrade until PT 11 came out (all native, new DAE engine, 64-bit and AAX, etc.) It's time! And now that I'm gigging I justified having a box I could use gigging and in the studio. PLUS, they through in the ground controller. How cool is that??

I was impressed by 11R, and so I knew it would be great to have. I just had reservations on how effective it would be for me live. But I've got it hooked up via the 4 wire method, and that answered a lot of my questions. I will still have more to come, for sure! But I can't wait to do more exploring.

11.Whats the best way to get in contact with you? PM me with your email address. Or look for solidwalnut on many forums, including the Avid DUC forum.
Trace Elliot Speed Twin C50 Amp
Vox Pathfinder Amp

PRS custom 22 TSB
Emerald Smoke Burst carved top

#38289 - 02/28/14 05:19 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: solidwalnut]
Nothingleft09 Offline

Loc: Indiana
1. Mike

2. Fort Wayne, Indiana

3. I play rock/metal. I'm into all kinds of stuff though.

4. I play in a band called Blood From A Stone. In the studio currently and preparing for a tour this year. The 11R was a gpod choice for both.

5. I would have to say a cross between an Axe FX 2 or a BlackWater custom.

6. Currently, my first run modded 5150 half stack.

7. ESP Horizon

8. Studio One 2, Presonus 22vsl interface, KRK monitors

9. My modded 5150 60 watt and 5150 slant 412. Love that thing but don't want to take it out of the house anymore. Currently I'm going to run my 11R with a Behringer iNuke power amp (very reliable) and Egnater Vengeance 412 for stage volume and to FOH.

10. Having owned an Axe FX before, I feel it's very tweakable to get close to the Axe Fx. I could get my POD HD into that territory with weeks of tweaking but the 11R is so much easier. It sounds very close. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it has what counts. Very impressed.

11. PM me here, PM me on sevenstring.org or email me. smile I'm looking forward to making friends and sharing some presets!

#38291 - 02/28/14 07:52 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: solidwalnut]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: solidwalnut
I've also been a worship leader in the past and have played in church bands for years.

Just now am finishing up a guitar build from a kit. It's a Precision Guitar Kit '59 LP replica, and I've had a ton of fun building it! Lot of work, but well worth it.

See, I've been playing guitar forever, but I never really paid attention to how they tick until about 4 years ago. I decided that that I was going to build a guitar exactly to my specs and also be able to set it up to play according to my specs. It's a fun thought having total control over what I play. I'll post some pix, and will probably make a video summarizing the build progress.

1.You will find that allot of guys here play at there church including me.

2. you have any links to where those kits are... that's quite intriguing.

3. we would love to see some picks and that video!!!

#38292 - 02/28/14 07:55 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: Nothingleft09]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Nothingleft09
1. Mike

2. Fort Wayne, Indiana

3. I play rock/metal. I'm into all kinds of stuff though.

4. I play in a band called Blood From A Stone. In the studio currently and preparing for a tour this year. The 11R was a gpod choice for both.

5. I would have to say a cross between an Axe FX 2 or a BlackWater custom.

6. Currently, my first run modded 5150 half stack.

7. ESP Horizon

8. Studio One 2, Presonus 22vsl interface, KRK monitors

9. My modded 5150 60 watt and 5150 slant 412. Love that thing but don't want to take it out of the house anymore. Currently I'm going to run my 11R with a Behringer iNuke power amp (very reliable) and Egnater Vengeance 412 for stage volume and to FOH.

10. Having owned an Axe FX before, I feel it's very tweakable to get close to the Axe Fx. I could get my POD HD into that territory with weeks of tweaking but the 11R is so much easier. It sounds very close. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it has what counts. Very impressed.

11. PM me here, PM me on sevenstring.org or email me. smile I'm looking forward to making friends and sharing some presets!

got pix? thanks for sharing and welcome.

#38296 - 02/28/14 08:52 AM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
strattman76 Offline
advanced member

Loc: indianapolis, indiana
Name: Danny Strattman
Style: Rock, Blues
No band. just play at home.
I've always wanted to get a Gibson Firebird or Les Paul DC
Don't really have any vintage gear. I think my crybaby is from maybe '92.
My favorite guitar now is a '13 fender standard.
The only daw ive worked with was sonar producer edition. and i barely have a clue how to use it.
Some other gear i have is a voodoo micro vibe. epi lecs sg. I also have a handful of byoc pedals. very fun to build.
The day i first turned the 11 on i was impressed. I jumped into modelling machines with the gsp1101. It was a great piece of hardware also. i just think that about 30% of the models on it were great. the rest was fluff to me. geared more towards metalheads. the 11 rack didnt have as many amps or fx as digitech or line 6. but i think what it does have it does extremely well. I think with some help from here it will be valuable to me for many years.
contact through pm.

Thanks

#38301 - 02/28/14 12:54 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: strattman76]
Tony Serzo Offline

1. Tony
2. Seattle, WA
3. Blues, Jazz, Classic Rock, a little Country
4. Played in bands off and on for 30+ years, but I'm starting up a solo act with backing tracks
5. Most desired? A good preamp, possibly the 11R (I'm here trying to decide, haven't bought one yet)
6. 1966 Guild Starfire III that my dad gave me a couple of years ago
7. Just bought a MusicMan Petrucci JP6 w/Piezo (love that guitar!)
8. Logic (current version), Ableton Live 8 (1 version behind but still works)
9. Bose L1 Compact - also a recent acquisition

10. Unfortunately I've never had the pleasure of playing through an 11R. I'm considering picking one up off eBay, that's why I'm studying everything I can find about the unit to try to make an informed decision.

Thing is, having bought the JP6 and the Bose in the past couple of months I'm kind of tapped out. But I sold my cool Reverend tube amp, a couple of guitars and some other equipment to get into this new rig and I need to get something to complete the setup (I literally have no amp and no outboard gear right now, I'm practicing through plugins on my Mac). For the money this looks like the best thing out there. However if sanity and frugality return I could end up with a Zoom G3X or I might just drag my laptop to gigs.

11. I guess PM me here or email me, my gmail address is tonyp145.

Edited by Tony Serzo (02/28/14 12:56 PM)

#38302 - 02/28/14 05:08 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: jaminjimlp]
Nothingleft09 Offline

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: jaminjimlp
Originally Posted By: Nothingleft09

got pix? thanks for sharing and welcome.

Of course. lol My head and cab need cleaned up terribly. My other cab is at the practice space now since I decided to bring this half stack home.

#38309 - 02/28/14 08:19 PM Re: NEW USERS POST HERE TELL US ABOUT YOU!!! [Re: strattman76]
jaminjimlp Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: strattman76
I also have a handful of byoc pedals. very fun to build.

I was looking into that as well but never had time to mess with one, I was looking at the brown sound from one place but got the 11r....

which ones did you build and how do they sound?

Page 13 of 25 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 24 25 >