Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28964 - 03/07/13 04:20 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: FiZRack]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
this thread degenerated into a piss fight...which is dumb. everybody has an opinion. if you are sensitive because you just bought an axe-fx 2 then maybe this isn't the best thread for you to read. i don't own anything better than the eleven rack and i haven't heard any version of the axe-fx in person. but having said all of that; if Birdie (who i trust) says the axe-fx 2 sounds better...than i believe him. that's the joy of this forum...many brothers that you can trust to steer you into the right direction.

if you still feel the need to vent about the axe-fx, please do it at another forum.

#28967 - 03/07/13 04:50 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: singtall]
tomc3084 Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: singtall
this thread degenerated into a piss fight...which is dumb. everybody has an opinion. if you are sensitive because you just bought an axe-fx 2 then maybe this isn't the best thread for you to read. i don't own anything better than the eleven rack and i haven't heard any version of the axe-fx in person. but having said all of that; if Birdie (who i trust) says the axe-fx 2 sounds better...than i believe him. that's the joy of this forum...many brothers that you can trust to steer you into the right direction.

if you still feel the need to vent about the axe-fx, please do it at another forum.

Sorry man but I am not sensitive about the situation. My thing is he was making comparisons about a product he never used. And on top of that he said he hates when people say negative things about the eleven rack who never used it when when in reality he was doing the EXACT same thing. One thing I keep saying is whatever sounds best to YOU is what is best for YOU. I hate when people say such and such sounds better because while it may sound better to you it may not sound better to me for MY needs.
And to Celtic I understand where you are coming from. I can see why you may not be favorable towards Cliff due to some comments in the past. I also understand what you are saying when it won't make you a better player. Unlike FizRack you are being completely rational and using common sense so I see your point.
And too FizRack let me end this now, and put it in numbers like you did.
1.The Eleven Rack fits YOUR needs perfectly
2.The AxeFX II fits MY needs perfectly
3.End of story

Edited by tomc3084 (03/07/13 04:52 PM)

#28968 - 03/07/13 04:51 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: singtall]
FiZRack Offline
advanced member

Oh I don't doubt that Birdie experiences better audio reproduction from his Axe FX II than from his Eleven Rack, in fact, I've never argued the Axe provides nothing but outstanding tonal reproduction.

My surprise is his assessment that the Axe FX II places the Axe FX Ultra into a position of not even being able to hold a bag of fart when directly compared.

#28969 - 03/07/13 04:58 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: ]
Vegas House Offline

Loc: Las Vegas, NV
Not really fair IMO to compare the 11r with a AxeFX unit.
The 11r has some good amp models and your basic effects...The AxeII has all that and more with all kinds of bells and whistles.
If you think it sounds $1,500 better, then you should buy one. Whether or not the amp models actually sounds better is an opinion(not a fact). Its important that we seperate opinions from facts here. If you believe one sounds better than the other then you are right(if you believe it then who cares what anyone else thinks). I can remember back in the day when I saved up for 2 months to buy the Digitech GSP21 when it first came out..me and all my musician friends thought it was the best guitar tone ever! Its only a matter of time before something bigger and badder comes out, and then you don't have what you consider the "best" anymore

#28970 - 03/07/13 04:59 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
FiZRack Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: tomc3084

Sorry man but I am not sensitive about the situation. My thing is he was making comparisons about a product he never used. And on top of that he said people say negative things about the eleven rack who never used when when in reality he was doing the EXACT same thing. One thing I keep saying is whatever sounds best to YOU is what is best for YOU. I hate when people say such and such sounds better because while it may sound better to you it may not sound better to me for MY needs.
And to Celtic I understand where you are coming from. I can see why you may not be favorable towards Cliff due to some comments in the past. I also understand what you are saying when it won't make you a better player. Unlike FizRack you are being completely rational and using common sense so I see your point.
And too FizRack let me end this now, and put it in numbers like you did.
1.The Eleven Rack fits YOUR needs perfectly
2.The AxeFX II fits MY needs perfectly
3.End of story

You know what, people like you make it impossible to express an opinion on the internet anymore. YOU came into this thread looking for a fight.

I NEVER ONCE said I EVER compared the Axe FX II to the Eleven Rack. I specifically stated TIME AND TIME again that I had ONLY used an Axe FX Standard and Axe FX Ultra, as I had owned both units.

How many Axe FX Products have you used?

My guess would be none.

You just can't stand the idea that somebody might have an opinion that even in the slightest takes away from your decision to invest three grand into a single piece of equipment.

I NEVER even once said you shouldn't buy one, EVER. I said it's too bad you couldn't keep the Eleven Rack long enough to perform a direct head to head with the two units.

The irony with your inability to accept my personal opinion based on direct use across the field with the Axe FX and the Eleven Rack, attempting to claim my feelings and decisions are invalid when who knows what range of products you have personally ever even used yourself is laughable.

Accept others while you chase your dreams, there's no need to reject if you're confident in your own decision.

#28971 - 03/07/13 05:00 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: Vegas House]
tomc3084 Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Vegas House
Not really fair IMO to compare the 11r with a AxeFX unit.
The 11r has some good amp models and your basic effects...The AxeII has all that and more with all kinds of bells and whistles.
If you think it sounds $1,500 better, then you should buy one. Whether or not the amp models actually sounds better is an opinion(not a fact). Its important that we seperate opinions from facts here. If you believe one sounds better than the other then you are right(if you believe it then who cares what anyone else thinks). I can remember back in the day when I saved up for 2 months to buy the Digitech GSP21 when it first came out..me and all my musician friends thought it was the best guitar tone ever! Its only a matter of time before something bigger and badder comes out, and then you don't have what you consider the "best" anymore

Well said. Couldn't agree with you more.

#28977 - 03/07/13 08:16 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
to get this back to eleven rack related stuff...

i actually decided on the eleven rack after hearing waliman's videos. i thought the eleven rack sounded better for MY taste. if i thought the axe-fx 2 sounded better by far, i would have bought it by now. i believe the axe-fx is capable of much more than Waliman dialed up for sure. but in his comparison, the differences were not worth $1500 more money to me.

THE WAY HE SET THEM UP: i thought the axe-fx 2 sounded WAY better than the previous models of axe-fx.....but still not a bunch better than the eleven rack.

#29015 - 03/08/13 12:42 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: singtall]
CaryDad Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Wow, this thread took a turn. My intent was just to share that having been around the block with all the major modellers-I chose the 11R. That was it. Since I have owned a bunch-and gigged most-here are my thoughts on each.

Pod X,Y,Z-I had the floor pod, HD147 and even an HD500. Try as I might-and I tried mightily, just couldnt get anything I liked out of them. I would think I did, then get to practice and turn up-and spend practice adjusting and never getting there.

GSP1101-great unit, though very dated now-still a great finisher product. Stick this in 4cm with any head and you have a complete solution. Gigged a few times like that with a blackstar combo.

AXE Ultra-hours of frustration. Relied heavily on others presets and still never quite got where I wanted to be. Gigged a few times, finally got tired of it and sold it.

11R(round 1)-loved the look, loved the tones. Hated dealing with protools. Hard time installing protools(cd errors), hard time with support. Hard time selling it because of license issues. Gigged a few times, loved the tones, but felt stuck.

Kemper-Super easy to use. Needs a foot controller(out yet?) Compared to fractal, takes forever for things to come out. Only way to load rigs was usb stick and reboot, though I think they fixed that reboot as I was bailing on it. Gigged once. Upside-a ton of rigs, downside-many werent good and organization is a nightmare.

Axe2-much improved version. Easy to get good tones. I blew mine up. Happens when you reach around and stick the RJ45 connector into the USB port, or was it the other way around. Anyway, had to send it back. They turned it around quick and for a fair price. I don't know what you CAN't do with this thing. Used it for synth stuff as well as guitar tones. Mainly just a few guitar tones. Synth was a little lame because you can only hit 1 note at a time. Farts out otherwise. Going to sell mine.

GR-55-This took all the weird needs out of the Axe. It does all of it better-way better. Multi notes, multi-instruments. Piano on one string, cello on the next, whatever. Acoustic tones kick butt. Unchained me from the Axe.

11R-round 2. Had it two days, brought it to practice(last night), loved it. Pretty much stayed with a bogner, ac30 and JTM patch and had no issues. Threw the fxloop last and used that for a boost, but waiting on a cable and then I'll use the mixed thing, seems easy enough and reminds me of the GSP1101 cntrl button setup, only variable. I need to make a new stage snake(just wrap the cables I need, midi, 2 1/4TS, 1 1/4TRS) to make life easier at gigs. The guys at practice were actually commenting on good the rig sounded-they didnt notice it was different, I didnt point it out until we came to a seether tune I usually downtune -1 using an axe preset. I can do that with the GR55 but I didnt have time to build a pre for that. I prefer the GR55 version anyway, but it's amp tones just arent in the same ballpark. Okay for one song. Two really, I use the guitar tones heavily in Lonely Boy(need the whammy).

Hopefully that is enough rambling to get back on subject, though I'll say it again, they all rock and lots of blokes get great tones from all of them. They all beat the G100-212 I had in high school!

#29019 - 03/08/13 01:07 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: CaryDad]
tomc3084 Offline
advanced member

I agree we should get back to the subject. We are not going to get anywhere arguing. If I offended anyone I apologize.

#29020 - 03/08/13 01:20 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
FiZRack Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: tomc3084
I agree we should get back to the subject. We are not going to get anywhere arguing. If I offended anyone I apologize.

As do I... I am sorry.

On an interesting side note, we both have the exact same registration date. What are the odds?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >