Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#28948 - 03/07/13 12:38 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: Birdie]
FiZRack Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Birdie
I can help here..

The 11R is fantastic! But it cannot keep up the Axe 2. As far as the Standard and Ultra goes, I spent half a day with a guy that has gigged with an Ultra since it came out, an absolute genius with it, and it does not hold a fart in a bag compared to the Axe 2..NO ONE that has SPENT TIME with BOTH will ever tell you anything different. I would love to figure out how to get a Kemper too, but I do not see that happening..I would however love to have another 11R, as I am most familiar with it and it has some GREAT tones!

A rather bold statement, and one that is not shared by many who have claimed to own both products.

But, if to your ears the difference between the Axe FX Ultra and the Axe FX II is so extreme as to claim the previous nothing more than a bag of fart, well, then it's a darn good thing you've made that purchase.

#28949 - 03/07/13 12:43 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
FiZRack Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: tomc3084
I am confused too. You say you never owned the Axe 2 but you keep making comparisons like you have played one. I am puzzled. If I have never owned something I would never make comparisons. I am not saying the axe2 is so revolutionary from the Ultra/Standard I am just saying how would you know for sure if you never used one. Just seems like common sense to me.
See now Birdie here is talking common sense.

Let me lay this out as simple as possible:

1. I have owned both an Axe FX Standard and Ultra.

2. I have owned Boss, Line 6 and Vox multi effects products.

3. I have sold them all and have kept the Eleven Rack.

4. I kept my Eleven Rack because to my ears, the tones and effects I needed were readily available and equal in quality to that of the other products.

5. The Axe FX is an amazing product, endless possibilities and oustanding tone.

6. The Axe FX slowed down my progression as a player because of it's endless complexity.

7. It's a good idea that you're buying an Axe FX II.

8. I only wish you could keep the Eleven Rack long to compare the two side by side.

9. The technology inside the Axe FX II is not so revolutionary as to render the Axe FX a pile of shite as suggested by birdie.

10. We all do hear what we must to justify the money we have spent.

11. Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, and as such I will say no more about any of the above products.

Edited by FiZRack (03/07/13 12:43 PM)

#28951 - 03/07/13 12:51 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: FiZRack]
tomc3084 Offline
advanced member

Telling us we all hear what we want to hear to justify a purchase? From the start it has seemed like you are trying to jam down my throat that I was unwise in spending my money on the axe 2 because it is not that much better than the eleven rack. What is great for me may not be great for you and those who haven't used a product should not comment on it. Instead of saying it is not that much better you should have said something like FOR ME NEEDS it is not that much better....still then you never used it so you really should have said nothing to be honest.

Edited by tomc3084 (03/07/13 12:52 PM)

#28952 - 03/07/13 12:53 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
tomc3084 Offline
advanced member

And I am not sure what you are talking about but I have read many a threads where people say the axe2 is in a whole different league than the ultra/standard.

#28953 - 03/07/13 12:58 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
FiZRack Offline
advanced member

Telling us we all hear what we want to hear to justify a purchase? From the start it has seemed like you are trying to jam down my throat that I was unwise in spending my money on the axe 2 because it is not that much better than the eleven rack. What is great for me may not be great for you and those who haven't used a product should not comment on it. Instead of saying it is not that much better you should have said something like FOR ME NEEDS it is not that much better....still then you never used it so you really should have said nothing to be honest.

I repeat:

7. It's a good idea that you're buying an Axe FX II.

8. I only wish you could keep the Eleven Rack long to compare the two side by side.

#28954 - 03/07/13 12:58 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
FiZRack Offline
advanced member

And I am not sure what you are talking about but I have read many a threads where people say the axe2 is in a whole different league than the ultra/standard.

And I have read just as many that claim it is not.

#28955 - 03/07/13 01:13 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: FiZRack]
tomc3084 Offline
advanced member

Ok thats fantastic

#28958 - 03/07/13 03:29 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: tomc3084]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Ok, I promised I pledged to make at least one smart ass comment every quarter or so here goes:

Shouldn't this thread be on the AXE forum? I hear they love this this kind of stuff over there!!! grin grin grin

JOKING GUYS LIGHTEN UP!!!! grin

#28962 - 03/07/13 03:54 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: Rushian]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

Loc: D/FW
I don't think the ultra is a piece of shit at all..I was looking for a way to get one when the Axe 2 deal literally fell into my lap..

I am merely saying that the Ultra is an entire generation (and more, now, especially with FW10 comping out) ahead of the Ultra, and that it is not a fair comparison between the 2. The Ultra is still in 2nd place as far as I am concerned, but if I can get a Kemper, that might change! smile

#28963 - 03/07/13 04:04 PM Re: Headed Back to the Rack [Re: Birdie]
FiZRack Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Birdie
I don't think the ultra is a piece of shit at all..I was looking for a way to get one when the Axe 2 deal literally fell into my lap..

I am merely saying that the Ultra is an entire generation (and more, now, especially with FW10 comping out) ahead of the Ultra, and that it is not a fair comparison between the 2. The Ultra is still in 2nd place as far as I am concerned, but if I can get a Kemper, that might change! smile

"...does not hold a fart in a bag compared to the Axe 2..."

As I said, pretty bold statement, especially if you suggest the Ultra is second only to the FX II.

And on top of that, the Ultra doesn't bring anything different to the table tonally than the Standard, all it really provides is the memory required to process a larger effects chain.

As for the Kempler, this is part of the problem with internet forums in general, people toss the Kempler in the same genre as the Ultra FX. They're not really the same type of device.

The true idea beyond the Kempler is to provide a touring musician, or a studio with a specific bands tonal needs in one small package. That is to say, if your band uses three amps, for clean, dirty, heavy, etc. instead of having to drag all three around, the Kempler allows you to record your exact tone and emulate it when needed.

The Axe FX is a straight up simulator. It's a tone creator. It's design is to provide you with various tone stacks and large amounts of effect pedal variety.

One is designed to be your entire rig, the other, a compliment.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >