Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#27398 - 01/26/13 11:23 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: misfit]
moff40 Offline
advanced member

Loc: British Columbia Canada
Damn! I've wanted to go to NAMM for years, and I could go as an endorsing artist (which would give me access to any "off-limits-to-the public"/"artist" sections), but keep forgetting about it until it's too late to arrange, or if I remember, can't make the trip.

Anyway, I have a friend who's there, and I had asked him, if he had a chance, could he visit the Avid booth and buttonhole them about it? His message to me this morning was that he'd talked to "the Eleven designer" (his words) and they'd said basically "what the hell else do you want?", and that, while there's no update right now, they're "apparently" gathering feedback from users to see if one is needed. I replied "have they not been reading their "user request" forum (meaning IdeaScale)?

So there you have it. Unless they're going to spring a top-secret announcement at the end of the show, I'd say 11's dead.

Edited by moff40 (01/26/13 11:26 AM)
Ibanez RG550
Variax 500
Takamine F-400SEL 12-string
Yamaha APX-6L

Warwick Bass Endorsing Artist:
4&5 string Corvettes

Mesa, Marshall, and Ampeg amps
2 x Avid Eleven Racks

#27401 - 01/26/13 11:40 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: moff40]
misfit Offline
advanced member

Honestly, they just continue to lie to us! It's obvious they have no further intention of developing the 11R ! So then, why can't they just make the source code for the 11R available to the community once and for all! I'm personally really getting turned off to Avid via this whole fiasco!

#27402 - 01/26/13 12:04 PM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: Corey James]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

ME TOO! ME TOOOOOO, When I'll grow up I will have a picture with Greg Howe!!!
Argh, I was frustrated I coulnd not go there. Now I am really jealous... cry

Edited by Bzer (01/26/13 12:05 PM)

#27405 - 01/26/13 12:25 PM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: Bzer]
misfit Offline
advanced member

Hmmm, this kinda sums it up over at the Avid Audio Forum. This was in regard to a statement asking Avid to release the source code for the 11R since they're not doing anything further with it.

Posted by user Moff:
I've said the same thing myself, but we all know that's not going to happen - Avid's all about proprietari-ness and restrictive licensing (requiring iLok, and/or hardware<->software tie-ins).
I think the 11R is done, but they'll probably milk it as long as they can (or maybe sell through existing supplies before "officially" discontinuing it). If they discontinue while there's still inventory in the retail channel, the demand will plummet and so will prices.

Posted by user sorcerer27
'Avid, and you wonder why you're in the dire predicament you're in? Plain and simple, because you can't keep screwing your customers!'

Edited by misfit (01/26/13 12:31 PM)

#27406 - 01/26/13 12:39 PM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: Bzer]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

Thank you Kevin for the report. Well, it seems hat we are on our own for the futur of the device.

Well, I got mine 3 or 4 monthes ago, It was an amazing device with
- very good amp and effects,
- very simple user interface with the right level of complexity,
- tons of very high quality rigs made by really talented guys (much better that what I can do myself),
- a friendly community that welcome newbies.

It has not changed in 4 monthes, the orange box is still amazing.

Knowing that AVID has no plans, no vision for the device motivate me to help contributing to it's future by providing a tool for rig exchange.

I could also provide data and maybe some script to Jason, if he want to enhance the site with search by amp or given effect for instance.
It would be also possibe to organize preset banks by themes (I will provide bank load/save just after the Mac save rig fix).

Well, 11R's not dead.

Bzerk.

#27407 - 01/26/13 12:42 PM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: Corey James]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Awesome, can't wait for the videos. Man I wanted to go so bad, but this will do. Lot of cool shots on Instagram, but X-Mann has got the best ones right here haha.

#27409 - 01/26/13 01:24 PM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: TLTD]
Craig W Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
All this reminds me of the exact situation I had with my gsp 1101
and lack of support from Digi. Got rid of the gsp 1101 all together just for that very lack of support.
Fortunetly, the 11R is leagues ahead of where I was with the 1101, infact not even comparable in sound, and since the advent of 11hack, the unit is definetly worth holding on to.

This forum I believe is what will keep the 11R "alive", and who knows what amazing things that the brilliant minds in this forum may uncover or unlock in the future.

#27412 - 01/26/13 01:42 PM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: Craig W]
misfit Offline
advanced member

Bzerk,
We're all very happy and grateful you are doing ElevenHack for us! smile

#27416 - 01/26/13 03:41 PM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: misfit]
roachone Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: misfit
Bzerk,
We're all very happy and grateful you are doing ElevenHack for us! smile

AMEN BRO! X-mann, them are some mighty fine looking hot ass women there. Keep the pics coming! You look like you are having one helluva time.

#27417 - 01/26/13 04:11 PM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: roachone]
Birdie Offline
veteran member

Loc: D/FW
XMANN having too much fun!!

Hope you have EVEN MORE BRO..!!!

Hope you and Kev hookup and get some pics and stuff..

You guys be good!!!

Page 6 of 17 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16 17 >