Page 5 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#27369 - 01/26/13 02:41 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: Mister_Riff]
MountainKing Offline
advanced member

That just got in my wish list!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Cyberowen?feature=mhee

#27380 - 01/26/13 08:31 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: MountainKing]
roachone Offline
advanced member

Something tells me X-MANN was hired by Avid while at Namm. (no updates, ignores us now, keeps us in the dark!)

p.s. I'm only joking......

#27384 - 01/26/13 09:12 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: roachone]
misfit Offline
advanced member

Agreed, it would have been nice to at least get some updates from these guys. Freaken party animals! LOL smile Seriously, there is really nothing to report! Avid released nothing new for the 11R, period!

#27385 - 01/26/13 09:29 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: misfit]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Do you guys just want Eleven Rack updates????

Cause that ones a lot easier for me actually.....

Here's my quick 11R/Avid update: (Insert Crickets chirping noise here) grin

I'm talking with them today, but I don't expect much if anything at all....

I've been 100% distracted by my 1st NAMM appearance.....Lots of Stars, gear, girls, concerts, demos & long talks with my favorite players......oh & Epic cleavage/boobs......now add a lot of wheat beers, fish tacos & I've only slept 4-hours in 2-days so far......

X

Edited by X-Mann (01/26/13 09:31 AM)
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#27387 - 01/26/13 09:52 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: X-Mann]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

I thought that I might get a picture or two with a few cool players.......but I didn't think I'd be able to talk to them & spend so much time with them......I have about 20-long stories that I can't even comprehend right now......You guys kind of know me....& well...I put myself out there & sometimes that gets some results......

Here's a few of the distractions I had to face yesterday....Stories to follow later.....& today is gear testing/picture day......

This meeting was EPIC & then some for me.....

& then I did this....... smirk

I got to meet & hang-out & talk to Blues Saraceno (& his Dad) for almost an hour.....He signed all the stuff I brought & invited me to his demo....That I've got ALL on video too......The 2nd coolest thing that's happened at NAMM so far.....

Edited by X-Mann (01/26/13 10:00 AM)

#27388 - 01/26/13 10:01 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: X-Mann]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

& this guy was the best.....Hanging with Greg Howe was da bomb!!! What a nice dude too!

Oh look....There's a booth I should visit..... smirk

I could do this ALL day.....I've go SO many more photos.....The ones with Neil Zaza are jaw dropping & that meeting left me shacking......I've NEVER met someone SO COOL & kind & HUMBLE......Yea....HUMBLE & he's an actual star w/ a long detailed history too......

Edited by X-Mann (01/26/13 10:08 AM)

#27389 - 01/26/13 10:07 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: roachone]
Intelli-Shred Offline
veteran member

Was gonna make a thread.. but saw this thread.. figured I'd post this here...
Okay.. so not a ton of pics to upload.. just don't have the time ..
BUT I thought I'd share this.. day one.. I go straight to Avid.. I meet a company rep there named Jon.. I explain and rant about all of our frustrations with 11R and the lack of support.. I start to blister him pretty good.. I find out that he's is equally as frustrated and really starts to let his own company have it for a bit.. then I see these..

and I'm like "THAT's a GREAT step in the right direction.. blah blah..".. he bows his head and says.. yeah.. we're not doing those either...lol..
Avid has had 3 big waves of layoffs.. he wasn't happy about that.. he said that now their so understaffed that things are on a wheel and whatever is top priority at the time is what gets everyone gets put on.. like right now.. its obviously ProTools.. he promised that they WILL get back on 11R and sooner than later..
So I'm still hammering this guy and he's agreeing and apologizing.. and then he points to a guy and says; "if you REALLY want to stand up for 11R.. there's that guy there.. he's the CEO of AVID" (Gary or Gerry.. this all happened kinda fast lol).. so I go.. THANKS.. and he's like.. you're really going over there?.. too late.. I was already there.. he was leaving the booth and I stopped him.. I told him about this place and ElevenHack and how much guys here with no real programming knowledge had been pushing this thing to new places WITHOUT his help.. and that we REALLY love this thing and don't want it to die or be replace.. I wound up getting about 30 minutes of his time and he PROMISED that they will NOT be letting 11R die and he too apologized for how long its taken, etc.. he didn't go into the whole thing about the lay offs like the other guy.. but he did say their resources were stretched incredibly thin.. They were talking about putting a sign on the display cabinets for 11R to let folks know that they WEREN'T new product and were only for NAMM display.. b/c everytime someone came to the 11R; they'd see those cabs and ask about when the cool stuff was coming..lol.
**my photo is showing up in the preview and NOT in the post for whatever reason.. here's a link: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/M...16528FB1F72.jpg

Edited by Intelli-Shred (01/26/13 10:14 AM)
Morley Endorsing Artist
Nocturne Guitars UK Endorsing Artist

#27395 - 01/26/13 11:07 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: Intelli-Shred]
misfit Offline
advanced member

Thanks for your effort Kevin, it's really appreciated! Honestly though, it's the same old, same old, they've been spouting off for a good 1 1/2 years now! It's really hard to believe them anymore! As far as X-Mann is concerned he's a lost cause at this point! smile Can you say star struck! LOL

#27396 - 01/26/13 11:12 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: misfit]
Corey James Offline
advanced member

Loc: MI
X looks so bored. Somebody get that guy a drink, he needs to loosen up already!

#27397 - 01/26/13 11:20 AM Re: Attendee's of NAMM 2013 Please Post Your Updates Here! [Re: Corey James]
JeremyWendell Offline
advanced member

Mr. Saraceno was incredibly prescient to have named his baby Blues. How could he have been anything but a guitar player?

Page 5 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 17 >