Page 20 of 33 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 32 33 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#26237 - 01/04/13 10:11 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: CornBread]
CornBread Offline

remember helping someone is what America stands for. my father and now my nephew have risked their lives on forign soil to give you the right to complain about donations...

remember freedom is not free it is paid with the blood of americans who feel it is their job to stand up for your right to spit on them and not support them. true heros with courage to pay the ultimate price..

I feel if I can help I will. that is my nature of giving,,, some people have a nature of only taking.

if taking is all that people want then I have lost faith in americans. a society so self absorbed on what can I get for free sometimes forget that there is a person on the other side giving all his heart to making what you want for free..

as I see it he has made a choice to put pride on the back seat and ask for help. he in turn has offered something for the donation to give a service so he could earn the money.

for that I respect him. putting out effort and not just say give me for free..

I bet someone has used one of his presets at a paying gig. did they ever say thank you for a preset you got for free that you now earned money off of? would you be willing to help someone out in need with a few bucks from a gig you earned money from one of the presets they made.... I sure hope so.

Edited by CornBread (01/04/13 10:16 PM)

#26246 - 01/05/13 07:16 AM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: CornBread]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Ross.........

Selling Rigs on your own site is a great idea & 100% what you should do now........& I wish you luck with that..........

I'm not going to quote all the past comments & go back & forth with you...........

Saying you want to sell your Rigs because you've put SO much time into this & deserve to be compensated is A LOT different then saying what you originally did say about your kids Christmas & bad back.........I never said anything till it didn't stop on Jan 1st like you implied it would.....or like I thought it would.......

Now that you've made your real thoughts & intentions clear, things are different & NOW we are ALL on the same page.......& it's a free country & on your own site you can do whatever you want.............

This is a public forum where we do not have to agree........& I never had a problem with any of this at 1st.........& attacking a new member who did nothing on purpose & something we have all done here for the past 3-years, post a Rig for ALL to enjoy because that's what THIS site is all about (among other things).........

In fact I appreciated your FREE Rig work SO much that I sent you a gift box 5-months ago with an instructional DVD, CD's, Guitar pick-ups & more just to say thanks............While I'm not a Saint in life at all, I am fine with the way I've conducted myself here & in regards to this matter.........

Threatening me & or leaving this place is your choice too...........Again, do what you need to do here.......It has no effect on me & what I do here...........

I've made all my points known & so have you now.....Talking about this more hurts the forum that we've all worked so hard to build.......So I won't do that.........& I'm done with this........Unless you keep it going.........

Peace! Tim

PS - You & I are just normal users here, not administrators or anything more because of what we've done here........Justin created this site & owns it............Whatever HE wants is what I want.......& is best for all of us..........

Edited by X-Mann (01/05/13 10:34 AM)
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#26256 - 01/05/13 10:11 AM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: CornBread]
Justin Online   content

advanced member

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Guys here's my view. We're all friends here. Let's live and let live without any personal attacks eh? Life's too short my brothers!

This site is free, open and non-commercial for 2 reasons - 1 is legal, I don't need Avid coming after me because it is their product and intellectual property fortunately they have no incentive to do so, 2 is because I truly believe in online communities as a resource for folks to help eachother out. I don't really have a problem with Singtall accepting donations for presets on the forum, especially because they are just that - donations. But I don't have the desire to become a pay-service.

Also I don't have the time or ability to filter any "paid" presets that make their way onto this site from another site,, Sweetwater presets are the only exception and, as you know, they are passed around via email regardless of Sweetwater's policies. I really do this mostly to stay within their good graces as they could provide me with ad revenue somewhere down the line.

Online communities are a great thing - people helping people for free. I realize Singtall's time is worth something, but given there are over 1,000 user submitted free presets on the site - I don't see a huge potential for making money.  Have fun with your 11r and thanks for being valued members of our forum.

#26259 - 01/05/13 11:01 AM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: Justin]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: Justin
Guys here's my view. We're all friends here. Let's live and let live without any personal attacks eh? Life's too short my brothers!

This site is free, open and non-commercial for 2 reasons - 1 is legal, I don't need Avid coming after me because it is their product and intellectual property fortunately they have no incentive to do so, 2 is because I truly believe in online communities as a resource for folks to help eachother out. I don't really have a problem with Singtall accepting donations for presets on the forum, especially because they are just that - donations. But I don't have the desire to become a pay-service.

Also I don't have the time or ability to filter any "paid" presets that make their way onto this site from another site,, Sweetwater presets are the only exception and, as you know, they are passed around via email regardless of Sweetwater's policies. I really do this mostly to stay within their good graces as they could provide me with ad revenue somewhere down the line.

Online communities are a great thing - people helping people for free. I realize Singtall's time is worth something, but given there are over 1,000 user submitted free presets on the site - I don't see a huge potential for making money.  Have fun with your 11r and thanks for being valued members of our forum.

Amen to that, thank you Justin!

#26281 - 01/05/13 04:35 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Originally Posted By: singtall
no problem Str@man, i understand where you are coming from, and i wasn't upset with you. my problem is now with really one guy that went from being my best bud to my main problem.

i posted this before in another forum, but since it concerns the superpack and this guy wants everything to be a public pissing contest....here it goes:

the dead links are presets that are now part of my superpack. X-Mann, i'm sure you read Justin's email stating that it's ok for me to accept donations on the superpack and post on this site.

my well of presets is just starting to really crank up now in the last 30 days. i would appreciate it if you didn't hand over freely what i worked hard to make and others have donated to get. this forum has over 1000 free presets, 25% of them posted by me. i would think that i'm still valuable to this forum. if you are trying to run me off, you are doing a good job.

think about this man; if i stay and continue what i'm doing, everybody wins! i will still post free presets here, just not every preset that i make. if you whore out my hard work because you feel like everything in the world should be free, it's just not right. if you feel like everything should be shared, why not send me one of your guitars?

i have not asked any price for my superpack...it's donations only. if someone was so inclined, they could have sent me a penny, and i still would have sent them the pack. it's up to the person who donates to decide what my presets are worth to them. you are simply being a thief brother. in the end, you will rob everyone here if you continue your rants and under-the-table dealings.

this is my last attempt at being civil with you. i tried talking to you in private, but you wanted a public bloodbath. fine. stupid is as stupid does.

i will be doing some work this week that won't be hard on my back, so i won't be able to post for a little while. but when i come back, i'll decide where to go from here.

some of you might want to talk to some sense into X-Mann, or i'll just go if that's the consensus. either way, i'm done with the problems.

Ross,
My 2 cents...
To try and do what you need to do to support your family...I don't think ANYONE would begrudge you of that. If you started your own website as a "pay" or "donate" for presets, then more power to you and I hope that it is successful for you. I think I said as much to you in the recent emails that you've had with people who donated to you, and I sincerely meant it!

But it is quite another thing to start personal attacks on X-mann because he disagrees with you. You say "this is my last attempt at being civil with you", but then you call him a "thief" and drop bombs on him like "stupid is as stupid does" or "some of you might want to talk to some sense into X-Mann" is not very "civil"...it's low class Bullsh!t....as was blasting a brand new member here for uploading a preset that he tweaked from one of your original presets...as if he needed to be straightened out??? IMO, giving you credit for it would have been common courtesy on his part, but certainly not a prerequisite!

If there is ANYONE on this site that has proudly carried the torch promoting "All Things 11R" here, it is X-mann! And I think that he is all about promoting this site and maintaining the integrity of these forums. We all may not always agree as apparently you both haven't in this instance, but there is no need to make it personal like you have.

And while I'm sure that everyone here appreciates everything that you have contributed to these forums (myself included), and I'm sure that is evident in the amount of people who up and donated to help you out...your attitude in this is kinda starting to come off as a bit egotistical and portraying an air of entitlement here, as if these are YOUR forums and its all about YOU! Especially when you say stuff like..."if i stay and continue what i'm doing, everybody wins" or "in the end, you will rob everyone here if you continue your rants and under-the-table dealings". You have done some awesome work with your presets here...no doubt, but so have a ton of other members...NO DOUBT! You would be better served to leave the ego at the door, so to speak!

Free presets are part of what this site is all about, and I believe that X-mann was in part defending that! And I for one would like to see us all get past this and continue on with what has always brought us back here again and again in the first place!

If you want to sell presets then that's ok in my book, because people can CHOSE if they want to buy them from you or not. But I do think that a separate site to elicit "Sales" or "Donations" for presets is more appropriate than doing it here, keeping the spirit of free sharing here alive.

I'm not trying to start anything with you bro, but this feels like it's getting ugly and out of hand, and I'd hate to see that happen!

Originally Posted By: Justin

Well said sir...well said!
Peace to all here!

Edited by mikefont (01/05/13 05:24 PM)

#26282 - 01/05/13 04:57 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: mikefont]
Corey James Offline
advanced member

Loc: MI
Well said Mike!

Props to X for a polite, well thought out post.

If we want to get American pride into this too I'd like to say:

The American way is to stand on the merits of your product, without false pretenses, in a market or storefront that stands on it's own.

Make a website, don't attack new members or the mighty X! Live long and prosper!

#26284 - 01/05/13 05:51 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: Corey James]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
Originally Posted By: Corey James
Well said Mike!

Props to X for a polite, well thought out post.

If we want to get American pride into this too I'd like to say:

The American way is to stand on the merits of your product, without false pretenses, in a market or storefront that stands on it's own.

Make a website, don't attack new members or the mighty X! Live long and prosper!

AMEN!

#26294 - 01/05/13 09:36 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: mikefont]
CornBread Offline

im glad we are still friends... I love you all..

#26357 - 01/07/13 05:52 AM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: mikefont]
Rushian Offline
veteran member

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted By: mikefont

Ross,
My 2 cents...
To try and do what you need to do to support your family...I don't think ANYONE would begrudge you of that. If you started your own website as a "pay" or "donate" for presets, then more power to you and I hope that it is successful for you. I think I said as much to you in the recent emails that you've had with people who donated to you, and I sincerely meant it!

But it is quite another thing to start personal attacks on X-mann because he disagrees with you. You say "this is my last attempt at being civil with you", but then you call him a "thief" and drop bombs on him like "stupid is as stupid does" or "some of you might want to talk to some sense into X-Mann" is not very "civil"...it's low class Bullsh!t....as was blasting a brand new member here for uploading a preset that he tweaked from one of your original presets...as if he needed to be straightened out??? IMO, giving you credit for it would have been common courtesy on his part, but certainly not a prerequisite!

If there is ANYONE on this site that has proudly carried the torch promoting "All Things 11R" here, it is X-mann! And I think that he is all about promoting this site and maintaining the integrity of these forums. We all may not always agree as apparently you both haven't in this instance, but there is no need to make it personal like you have.

And while I'm sure that everyone here appreciates everything that you have contributed to these forums (myself included), and I'm sure that is evident in the amount of people who up and donated to help you out...your attitude in this is kinda starting to come off as a bit egotistical and portraying an air of entitlement here, as if these are YOUR forums and its all about YOU! Especially when you say stuff like..."if i stay and continue what i'm doing, everybody wins" or "in the end, you will rob everyone here if you continue your rants and under-the-table dealings". You have done some awesome work with your presets here...no doubt, but so have a ton of other members...NO DOUBT! You would be better served to leave the ego at the door, so to speak!

Free presets are part of what this site is all about, and I believe that X-mann was in part defending that! And I for one would like to see us all get past this and continue on with what has always brought us back here again and again in the first place!

If you want to sell presets then that's ok in my book, because people can CHOSE if they want to buy them from you or not. But I do think that a separate site to elicit "Sales" or "Donations" for presets is more appropriate than doing it here, keeping the spirit of free sharing here alive.

I'm not trying to start anything with you bro, but this feels like it's getting ugly and out of hand, and I'd hate to see that happen!

Well said sir...well said!
Peace to all here!

+1, well stated my friend!

#26375 - 01/07/13 09:46 AM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
Twinncam Offline

Loc: California- DDP 4 Life!
Hey Singtall, hope all is well. Thanks a million for all the work you do that goes into your presets and everything you bring to this site! I was able to try some of your mods but I am having trouble tweaking them to my live rig set up? i was hoping you could give some advice? It seams that the upgrades via the expansion pack are embedded in your rigs but I cannot open those upgrades? I purchased the expansion pack last year sometime and upgraded the firmware on my 11R? Not sure what the deal is and was wondering if you could help? If I dont come across a fix soon, I may just restore the 11R to original and start over?

Thanks,Jeff

Page 20 of 33 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 32 33 >