Page 19 of 33 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 32 33 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#26050 - 01/02/13 09:11 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: aussiebail]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
i took donations for my stuff...mostly the modded heads, but i threw in everything else that was already out there just so everybody could have a collection of what i felt was good stuff.

anything that will be for sale on my site will be 100% mine or will be sold on consignment for other preset makers that want to join in.

#26051 - 01/02/13 09:14 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i wish Justin would add some sections to this site where people can vote on presets and you could search by number of votes so it would be easier to sort through the presets. or search by amp types or user posted by for example. if that was the case, i would not have included any other presets in my pack....because you could easily find them here.

#26052 - 01/02/13 09:15 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i'm gonna go through my pack and strip it down to just my stuff for future reference. thanks.

#26101 - 01/03/13 02:14 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Hey Ross,

I want to make sure there is no misunderstanding here my friend.

My understanding from your original post was, I could use some help here guys and in return I've got some fine tuned killer rigs here for ya (Paraphrasing of course).

I believe I was the first to jump in and say sign me up and was glad to do it to help ya; and I posted to the group to state my opinion about how GREAT I thought they were and how it elevated the 11R up even higher than it was before, plus being in your "inner-circle" was too sweet because you kept sending us rigs that were/are stunning!!!!

My last post was nothing more than my opinion based I what you originally stated, and like you said in your email to all of us, you welcomed our feedback, and that's what I gave here, my feedback/opinion based upon what was known by me, and I guess the rest of the list members, at the time I posted.

"i was planning on emailing everyone and asking them if they were all content with me making everything available to the forum as it was before."

I think that's a great idea, and you said you were planning on doing it, so I haven't heard a single person on the list object to it, so please feel free to do just that. smile

Now, here's where the NEW information comes in regarding selling your preset's (at least for me it was new info):

"i believe that my time is worth something to somebody in need of particular presets that they aren't able to make or find for themselves. my ability to make presets is the only real form of work that i have been able to do in the last 4 months. "

I had no way of knowing that you were doing this for work and charge for your time man; I just found this out like everyone else when you posted it last night, AFTER I had stated my opinion about continuing to sell them after CHRISTmas ---- Let me say that another way for clarification please, up until your posting last night saying you want to do this as work and be compensated for your time, none of us, AFAIK, was aware you were going to do this for continued income for you and your family, so I hope that clarifies my point.

"as for people's feelings on copyrighting preset issues; most of those "feelings" are based on not having that work (presets) be your main means of feeding your family."

Once again, neither I nor others (AFAIK) had the slightest idea that you were going to sell presets as your main means of feeding your family man; you may have know it, but WE didn't, so I don't know how you could even state the above knowing that we didn't have that knowledge..

"when it's all you can do, and people don't care...it's a heartbreaker."

Please don't feel that way Ross, again none of us knew that you were going to do this to feed your family, and the fact that, 80+ people joined in to help you should say that we DO care man.

"i will make a website for "pay" or "donation" based presets, because i believe there is a market for that. that is also my main form of work for now, so i really have no choice."

With the additional knowledge that we now have, I think that makes a lot of sense, and who knows where that could lead my friend; I would hope that you would post the URL here so that anyone that would like to purchase them from you can do so asap. smile

As you know, I've always valued your opinion and my opinion was given with the knowledge that I had at the time I stated it, and hopefully I have clarified my opinion further with the additional information you have given.

Respectfully,
Jerry (aka Str@man)

#26102 - 01/03/13 02:35 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: Str@man]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Jerry....That was an amazing & accurate way to sum all of this up........You sir get a medal for your linguistic ability bud!
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#26109 - 01/03/13 03:31 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: X-Mann]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: X-Mann
Jerry....That was an amazing & accurate way to sum all of this up........You sir get a medal for your linguistic ability bud!

LOL, thanks, nothing but respect to all my brothers/friends here in the world of Orange.

#26110 - 01/03/13 03:31 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: X-Mann]
CornBread Offline

I didn't mind donating. and would be glad to do it again. just let me know and would be glad to help out.

#26121 - 01/03/13 06:57 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: CornBread]
Gerry Offline
advanced member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
As much as i dont mind helping someone out, and you have contributed quite a lot here, id prefer to see the preset exchange remain free and open for all to enjoy, which i'd say was the original intention of this site. Just my 2 cents worth.

That took 2 minutes so I'll send you all the bill for my time smile

#26232 - 01/04/13 09:35 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: Gerry]
singtall Offline
veteran member

no problem Str@man, i understand where you are coming from, and i wasn't upset with you. my problem is now with really one guy that went from being my best bud to my main problem.

i posted this before in another forum, but since it concerns the superpack and this guy wants everything to be a public pissing contest....here it goes:

the dead links are presets that are now part of my superpack. X-Mann, i'm sure you read Justin's email stating that it's ok for me to accept donations on the superpack and post on this site.

my well of presets is just starting to really crank up now in the last 30 days. i would appreciate it if you didn't hand over freely what i worked hard to make and others have donated to get. this forum has over 1000 free presets, 25% of them posted by me. i would think that i'm still valuable to this forum. if you are trying to run me off, you are doing a good job.

think about this man; if i stay and continue what i'm doing, everybody wins! i will still post free presets here, just not every preset that i make. if you whore out my hard work because you feel like everything in the world should be free, it's just not right. if you feel like everything should be shared, why not send me one of your guitars?

i have not asked any price for my superpack...it's donations only. if someone was so inclined, they could have sent me a penny, and i still would have sent them the pack. it's up to the person who donates to decide what my presets are worth to them. you are simply being a thief brother. in the end, you will rob everyone here if you continue your rants and under-the-table dealings.

this is my last attempt at being civil with you. i tried talking to you in private, but you wanted a public bloodbath. fine. stupid is as stupid does.

i will be doing some work this week that won't be hard on my back, so i won't be able to post for a little while. but when i come back, i'll decide where to go from here.

some of you might want to talk to some sense into X-Mann, or i'll just go if that's the consensus. either way, i'm done with the problems.

#26235 - 01/04/13 09:49 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
CornBread Offline

with all the free presets who cares about paid ones??? you bought the expansion pack either separate or added to the 11r price.. so if I donate some to keep quality presets coming to me who cares. if you think they should be free make all yours free and let singtall do his thing...

Page 19 of 33 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 32 33 >