Page 18 of 33 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32 33 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#26030 - 01/02/13 02:54 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: aussiebail]
Furlan Offline

Sorry to hear about your situation, Ross. I just got an Eleven Rack and joined this forum. As my first act, I donated to your fund (johnfurlan@ameritech.net). I am looking forward to hearing your presets.

If you are taking requests, I think it would be great to have a few good Black Sabbath presets. For me, Tony Iommi's guitars on tracks like "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath," "Killing Yourself To Live" (from the album "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath"), "Symptom of the Universe," "Thrill Of It All (from the album "Sabotage"), "Cornucopia," and "Supernaut," (from the album "Volume 4") are the Holy Grail of guitar tone. I'd be willing to pay for those kinds of presets as well.

#26031 - 01/02/13 03:01 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: aussiebail]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Originally Posted By: aussiebail
Originally Posted By: singtall
i would like to give Jason Phelps a public thanks for making a new preset (that is included with the Superpack).

Will this preset also be uploaded here also? I would love to try it out. Just to clarify presets will still be uploaded here outside of the Superpack correct? Sorry if I overlooked the link for it here.

Jason & Everyone.....

I think what Rich is saying is that the main reason for THIS SITE is the FREE USEr RIGS.....

THAT & this amazing Brotherhood.......

The sale of this Superpack is/was a 1-time way to help a forum friend that needed help getting his kids through Christmas.......I assume that these will all be free in a very short time now that the goal has been reached......

Some of the best Rigs come from so many people here & that needs to continue by people like YOU Jason (& fill in your own name here too)........

Ross, if I'm wrong or mistaken here then I'm sorry.....& please set me straight......

& Rich, if That's not what your saying then well.....Oops!!!!

A dying forum like this will not survive if we don't all contribute for the love of it, guitar & the brotherhood O 11..........

I hope that your Christmas was great & that your feeling better soon & while I love & appreciate your Rigs Ross I will never pay for 11R rigs & haven't.......

This is not meant as a dis at all & just how I feel.......& I never would have said a thing had this stopped after Christmas was over......or if the goal wasn't reached on this kind of level......

Peace! Tim (X)

PS - Again, this is only my opinion here & I'm absolutely nobody here or in the guitar world.....

PSS - The artist Rigs have always been available here for free too....fwiw

PMS - Public discussion is a good thing.......

Edited by X-Mann (01/02/13 03:24 PM)
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#26039 - 01/02/13 07:05 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: X-Mann]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: X-Mann
The sale of this Superpack is/was a 1-time way to help a forum friend that needed help getting his kids through Christmas.......I assume that these will all be free in a very short time now that the goal has been reached......
[/quote]

Well, just to chime in here guys with my most assuredly much sought after opinion, this was my thought/belief too guys; a friend on the list needed help for his kid's Christmas, and we all did what we could to help a fellow "Orange Head" out and Christmas has passed crazy

I believe that one of the things that really sets this group/family of players apart from others is the "Freely have I received and freely do I give" mindset that we have had from DAY 1 and that should not change.

Ross, I'm glad we could help and I know you and you're family are too because you have said so here on the list, but I have to respectfully say that I don't like the idea of "selling" (by donation or otherwise) presets or treating them as if they are "copyrighted" in anyway.

Just another humble, but much listed too opinion grin

X, I agree Public discussion is a good thing.......

#26042 - 01/02/13 07:47 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: Str@man]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
ok...here's the deal: Christmas came and the donations paid for my kids presents. after Christmas the donations kept me from losing my truck and having the cell phones turned off. my original thinking was that a couple of guys might help me out and i would end up with $100 or more to buy Christmas presents. so the plan was to just post the presets here and be done after Christmas.

then i started feeling like the guys that helped out deserved a little extra, so i started emailing updates and the like. i wanted those fantastic guys to feel like they not only helped out a brother in need, but they got a fantastic deal.

i was planning on emailing everyone and asking them if they were all content with me making everything available to the forum as it was before. i'm trying to tread lightly and not offend anyone that REALLY helped me out and continue to do so.

as far as people's feelings on not paying for presets, i understand that feeling, as i was in the same place for awhile. but as of recently, making presets has become a major time consumer for me....(but i really couldn't do much else from bed). i believe that my time is worth something to somebody in need of particular presets that they aren't able to make or find for themselves. my ability to make presets is the only real form of work that i have been able to do in the last 4 months. as for people's feelings on copyrighting preset issues; most of those "feelings" are based on not having that work (presets) be your main means of feeding your family. when it's all you can do, and people don't care...it's a heartbreaker. i've done more than my share of donating free presets to this forum for 3 years. i've posted and did what i could to keep it alive. i will continue to deliver free presets, but i do think that i have some things to offer that people are willing to pay for.

i will make a website for "pay" or "donation" based presets, because i believe there is a market for that. that is also my main form of work for now, so i really have no choice.

sorry to have tweaked you guys the wrong way.

#26043 - 01/02/13 07:57 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
roachone Offline
advanced member

Ross, I wish the best for you, and I can first hand tell everyone with an 11r YOU NEED TO GET THIS SUPERPACK! It's unreal all the great things with this.

#26044 - 01/02/13 08:08 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: roachone]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i emailed everyone that has donated $ for the superpack and await their reply.

#26045 - 01/02/13 08:40 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
Corey James Offline
advanced member

Loc: MI
Originally Posted By: singtall
ok...here's the deal: Christmas came and the donations paid for my kids presents. after Christmas the donations kept me from losing my truck and having the cell phones turned off. my original thinking was that a couple of guys might help me out and i would end up with $100 or more to buy Christmas presents. so the plan was to just post the presets here and be done after Christmas.

then i started feeling like the guys that helped out deserved a little extra, so i started emailing updates and the like. i wanted those fantastic guys to feel like they not only helped out a brother in need, but they got a fantastic deal.

i was planning on emailing everyone and asking them if they were all content with me making everything available to the forum as it was before. i'm trying to tread lightly and not offend anyone that REALLY helped me out and continue to do so.

as far as people's feelings on not paying for presets, i understand that feeling, as i was in the same place for awhile. but as of recently, making presets has become a major time consumer for me....(but i really couldn't do much else from bed). i believe that my time is worth something to somebody in need of particular presets that they aren't able to make or find for themselves. my ability to make presets is the only real form of work that i have been able to do in the last 4 months. as for people's feelings on copyrighting preset issues; most of those "feelings" are based on not having that work (presets) be your main means of feeding your family. when it's all you can do, and people don't care...it's a heartbreaker. i've done more than my share of donating free presets to this forum for 3 years. i've posted and did what i could to keep it alive. i will continue to deliver free presets, but i do think that i have some things to offer that people are willing to pay for.

i will make a website for "pay" or "donation" based presets, because i believe there is a market for that. that is also my main form of work for now, so i really have no choice.

sorry to have tweaked you guys the wrong way.

If you want to charge for presets, then just say 'I want to charge for presets' and offer that service. That's a legitimate stance to take and if you have somebody willing to pay for that service, then more power to ya. A website for that service might be a decent idea.

I also think it's pretty incredible that people stepped up in holiday spirit to help somebody out.

All that said and done, didn't you just buy a set of pickups and a possibly a new neck? You've gotta understand that asking for money for children while simultaneously posting stuff like this is going to rub people the wrong way:

http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=25780#Post25780

#26047 - 01/02/13 08:58 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

Hey man i just want to say Im not tweaked and I appreciate you wanting to take care of the guys with extra goodies. I, like Stratman just wanted to help a brother when he needed it and I got some presets outta the deal, but I really dont want want to pay for presets either.

Imo the artist rigs (free) are probably how 90% of us came to find this site and we will all agree that there is far more value here than what they offer. I would honestly hate to see people miss out on the comradery we have grown by being redirected to a pay as you go type site.

My original question was about JP's rig. It just occured to me that the objective of this site (hence the name) was being forgotten. I truly believe it wasnt intentional, but I wanted things put back into focus.

I personally think it is too late to get into the selling preset game for this machine since it is likely on its way out, and there are so many free presets, but I do understand your situation to try to make something happen.

#26048 - 01/02/13 09:02 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: Corey James]
singtall Offline
veteran member

yep, i got some Christmas presents too...i thought that would not be a problem, hence the reason i posted it in the first place. if i thought i was doing something wrong, i wouldn't have ratted myself out. after i bought presents for my kids, the donations kept coming, so i bought for my wife, then it kept coming...so i bought for myself....and more came, so i paid a truck note, our cell phone bill and Christmas dinner.

what i find sad is that people REALLY stepped up and helped me out, and some people were offended during the process. i was honest through the whole deal; i posted the number of people that gave, i gave thanks, and i posted what i bought for myself for Christmas. can't see the problem in that.

really, the whole superpack thing took on a life of it's own (as can be seen by the record number of views on this topic). people posted about the superpack on other forums that i didn't even know about and the donations started coming from people all over the world and not just brothers on this forum helping me out....and that's about the time it became a commodity.

i would think that my brothers here that have always enjoyed my free presets and advice would be backing me as this becomes a business that takes care of my family. but it seems like a few people just don't want me to grow beyond this forum. and why is it that some brothers that i have given so much to in the past feel the need to kick me now?

you are my brothers and always will be; because i sell presets and take donations doesn't mean that i will stop being part of this great site/brotherhood. i haven't forgotten those that helped me out over the years. how many times have any of you asked me to make you a custom preset? and i did it every time as fast as i could with no charge. this is what gave me the experience i needed to have a breakthrough and go bigger with it.

i'm asking that you guys be happy for me, and allow me to continue the good work that i've started.

i have received some email from the "singtall superpack group" and two pieces of advice really some it up for me:

1) Ross, there's an old saying. "if your good at something, never do it for free". If making presets allows you to provide for your family, who cares what anyone else thinks. You can throw out a free one now and again to show the quality of your work, but I don't think there's anything wrong with being paid for your time. Good luck bud.

2) Anybody that *EXPECTS* you to hand over presets for free after you've worked hard on them really needs to go screw themselves. Anybody that can afford the 11R and guitars, etc. can definitely fork over a little something for superior presets. Especially when you have a family, bills, and problems. Yes, you've gone BEYOND normal helpfulness by offering free presets....and multiple updates. You've made my 11R actually useful to me now when I use it.

You don't need to apologize or explain your reasons to anybody for charging whatever you want.....donation or set amount. Anybody that complains about it is probably downloading all their music for free as well.

I suggest you keep right on doing what you're doing. smile

Edited by singtall (01/02/13 09:03 PM)

#26049 - 01/02/13 09:07 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

I agree with the advice you got 110% but the truth is you didnt own everything that you were selling and that is where the problem is.

I do think you should sell presets though man. You are great at it.

Page 18 of 33 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 32 33 >