Blackstar HT-100
Marshall 1960B cab
Boss pedals
Eleven Rack

#25881 - 12/29/12 04:09 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: mrnomad]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
my intention was not to "out" someone as much as make a small point. i was not going to mention any names. i even thought that it was unintentional on behalf of the user.

really, i need no pat on the back from someone saying my presets are great, or that they used my preset to make another one. i know who i am and what i have contributed to the eleven rack presets.

i ENCOURAGE people to tweak those presets and help us all out with new better presets!

mrnomad is a cool guy and i have no problem with him. he had no problem coming to me and making sure i had no hard feelings. but like i just said, it was just an oversite not mentioning the preset he drew from. i have a valid reason for asking everyone to name the preset they started with.

now get this everybody: i don't care to have my name mentioned when you post a preset (that may be a tweaked version of one of my presets); but mention the preset you originally used as a starting point.

the reason why i ask for this can be explained by this example: i make a preset called "jcm800". i later tweak it and change the name to "JCMmmmm". i use that preset to make a preset for someone else and name the preset "Judas Priest". a year later i might use that preset to make "Singtall Krunch". then i use that preset to make several others. all of this information is very useful to me as a preset maker.

as you learn to reference which presets are used to make other presets, you also start to see a pattern in which amp model works best for certain styles. you can also see which amp model most easily covers the most ground....and the list goes on.

for the members of this forum that were outraged by me talking about this subject in the way that i did, hopefully this explanation will shed some light on my madness. lol.

i apologize for offending anyone. i should have given a better explanation of why i had a problem with the way presets are posted.

X-Mann, you have been part of my collaboration and tweaking process and have witnessed the way i work with other people on presets for the last 3 years.....certainly you can understand what i'm trying to do here. it has always been an unspoken rule that we all mention what preset we used to get to where we are. some mention the author to honor them, which i do also, but i use the information on a more scientific level....which is how we arrived at the Singtall superpack to begin with.

my apologies again to everyone.

Ross aka Singtall

Edited by singtall (12/29/12 04:29 PM)

#25882 - 12/29/12 04:23 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: mrnomad]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

The direction of this post is unfortunate. I've not uploaded a preset to date because that is just not my thing, and it wouldn't add value to this site.

But I hope this doesn't discourage someone from NOT posting an Amazing preset because they can't trace it's origin to give credit.

There are several options on this site to download bulk presets, and for me personally, once they get dumped on my computer, I have no clue who created them.

As I've said before Thanks to Everyone who shares presets, some of us(me) are handicapped and appreciate the help.

Edited by aussiebail (12/29/12 04:27 PM)
Edit Reason: only edited to say that Ross's post came up when I was writing mine. I love the people on this site so I was certainly not beating a dead horse.

#25884 - 12/29/12 04:35 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
Originally Posted By: singtall
my intention was not to "out" someone as much as make a small point. i was not going to mention any names. i even thought that it was unintentional on behalf of the user.

really, i need no pat on the back from someone saying my presets are great, or that they used my preset to make another one. i know who i am and what i have contributed to the eleven rack presets.

i ENCOURAGE people to tweak those presets and help us all out with new better presets!

mrnomad is a cool guy and i have no problem with him. he had no problem coming to me and making sure i had no hard feelings. but like i just said, it was just an oversite not mentioning the preset he drew from. i have a valid reason for asking everyone to name the preset they started with.

now get this everybody: i don't care to have my name mentioned when you post a preset (that may be a tweaked version of one of my presets); but mention the preset you originally used as a starting point.

the reason why i ask for this can be explained by this example: i make a preset called "jcm800". i later tweak it and change the name to "JCMmmmm". i use that preset to make a preset for someone else and name the preset "Judas Priest". a year later i might use that preset to make "Singtall Krunch". then i use that preset to make several others. all of this information is very useful to me as a preset maker.

as you learn to reference which presets are used to make other presets, you also start to see a pattern in which amp model works best for certain styles. you can also see which amp model most easily covers the most ground....and the list goes on.

for the members of this forum that were outraged by me talking about this subject in the way that i did, hopefully this explanation will shed some light on my madness. lol.

i apologize for offending anyone. i should have given a better explanation of why i had a problem with the way presets are posted.

X-Mann, you have been part of my collaboration and tweaking process and have witnessed the way i work with other people on presets for the last 3 years.....certainly you can understand what i'm trying to do here. it has always been an unspoken rule that we all mention what preset we used to get to where we are. some mention the author to honor them, which i do also, but i use the information on a more scientific level....which is how we arrived at the Singtall superpack to begin with.

my apologies again to everyone.

Ross aka Singtall
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#25885 - 12/29/12 04:44 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
X-Mann Offline
veteran member

Loc: Detroit
i gotta ask one favor from you guys with the Singtall superpack:

if you make changes to a preset and post it, please name the preset you started with. you don't have to mention me as an author, but knowing which preset you started with is a great help to me.

we have a couple new guys that could end up being the new preset kings (which i look forward to), all i ask is that you help us all out with some info along the way.

i learned a bunch about tweaking modelers after i paid $115 for the ultimate mfxsupermodels disk for the digitech gnx4 (years ago). that guy is a genius. i borrowed some ideas and posted presets, giving him full credit for the ideas....but i never did minor tweaks on his stuff and took credit for it. i sent many people to his site to buy the pack from him. Guitar3456 is his name, and he knows tone.

VaiSatchAtrucci is the guy i consider the Godfather to many on this forum. he single-handedly convinced many of us to buy the eleven rack through his videos, which compared the eleven rack to real amps. when i got here, his presets were the bomb! before he left, i was able to collaborate with him on a few presets. i feel like he passed the torch to me when he left, and hopefully i honored him with the way i have posted over 265+ presets free of charge and helped as many people as i could.

i am ready to pass the torch too....if someone is willing to take it. it would be great to sit back and download awesome presets instead of trying to make them. i have heard some awesome presets on this forum, and i downloaded them and included them in the superpack for all to enjoy. if you see your preset in my superpack, it is because i believe it is a must-have preset. i have mentioned many times in the past that i have many presets included in my pack that were made by other users...some i tweaked, some are as-is. Benoni made all of the wack super effects clean presets that sound way out there. he also made a bunch of ultra heavy presets, that i modified by taking out the tube screamer that he uses on 99% of his heavy tones and i tweaked some eq settings.

thanks,

Ross aka Singtall
..............Eleven Rack Audio..................
http://soundcloud.com/udamann88/im-alright-x-mann

#25887 - 12/29/12 04:59 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: X-Mann]
singtall Offline
veteran member

i would like to give Jason Phelps a public thanks for making a new preset (that is included with the Superpack). Jason took the pre-eq from the Singtall Krunch preset and applied it to his plexi preset, which morphed the plexi into a new animal that many of us would have never used if not for the new preset.

this is the kind of experimentation that i encourage in everyone. in the eleven rack it's all virtual...no tubes to blow if you make a mistake. try everything! who knows what will end up being the next must-have preset?

#25888 - 12/29/12 05:13 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
singtall Offline
veteran member

if you are not getting updates, please email me and i will send you a link to the updates. save this link! i will always add new updates to that link (which will be quick/small upload). you can click on that download link periodically and you will see the new presets.

i mass emailed everyone several times, but it appears that a few people are not getting the emails.

#25889 - 12/29/12 05:31 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
mikefont Offline
veteran member

Loc: H-Town
i would like to give Jason Phelps a public thanks for making a new preset (that is included with the Superpack). Jason took the pre-eq from the Singtall Krunch preset and applied it to his plexi preset, which morphed the plexi into a new animal that many of us would have never used if not for the new preset.

this is the kind of experimentation that i encourage in everyone. in the eleven rack it's all virtual...no tubes to blow if you make a mistake. try everything! who knows what will end up being the next must-have preset?

Ya know, it's been quite a while since I've taken the time to create and upload a preset here (and I have done a few), and one of the things that makes this site so cool is to be able to take something like the pre-eq that Ross has seemingly perfected, and use that as a base to tweak a rig that either he worked on or use that to add to a new rig to help get it "over the hump" so to speak, and share it with everyone here!

We all learn from each other here, and that is but one of the many reasons why this is such a cool forum with AWESOME members (or should I say FRIENDS), because we can help each other understand the in's and out's of this cool little orange box that we have all invested in and enjoy so much!

Giving credit where credit is due to others who have contributed before hand is another cool aspect of the members here. We're all in this thing together in my mind (keeping the 11Rack dream alive), and sharing presets, tunes, videos and other guitar/11R related stuff is what gives me so much enjoyment on these forums.

All of the members here ROCK, and I'm glad to be a part of it with you all!

#25892 - 12/29/12 06:31 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: mikefont]
Griff Offline

I really haven't been around the forum much the last couple of weeks but I finally got a chance today to play some of the presets from the pack and I am really impressed.

The ones that Singtall did (the "mod" ones) are right up my alley for high gain stuff. I can't wait to actually get them in the rig and use them on some gigs.

If you are sitting on the fence about getting these... do it. If you have them and haven't played them... do it!

Much fun... thank you!

#25895 - 12/29/12 07:16 PM Re: Singtall amp mods superpack! [Re: singtall]
Jason Phelps Offline
advanced member

Loc: Madison, WI USA

And I shall thank you right back because I might not have thought of that (even though I've actually done that in real life, in front of my real Marshall... ha!) and even if I did, it wouldn't have had the expert tuning knowledge of singtall behind it. I just noodle with knobs until something works and then leave it. Singtall actually knows what he's doing, again, in real life with real amps. The synergy is awesome, as we all can see. And this community is fantastic. smile As if the Eleven Rack wasn't cool as hell already!

Page 16 of 33 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 32 33 >