send midi command 80 45 40
Deactivate
send midi command 80 45 3F

#24768 - 11/28/12 04:30 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Gerry]
Holyoli Offline

Loc: Belgium
Hi all,
Just to be clearer with the naming problem I have :
one could think : why is it such a problem ? just rename your patch and save it...
Well it doesn't work of course.
In practice : I have hundreds of rigs saved on the pc, some of them (don't know how much) seem to have a different rig/file name. Why these and not the others, I don't know...
When I load the app, as the rig list progress on the app window all these "problem" rig names change on the eleven rack and are stored. So if I have (had) 10 different bassman on the 11R that are a modification from a "bassman clean" and had different names, now I have 10 "bassman clean" on the 11R and don't know anymore which one is which. More or less funny...
Why did they (Avid) choose to have different rig /file names, I wonder too.

#24771 - 11/28/12 05:34 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Holyoli]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

I just fixed the bug I had on saving during lunch time. At least, my unit test works. I will test it this evening on the device.
If it works, I will try the sequence Load/Rename/Save with my command line tools. I should be able to tell you soon if it solves the problem.
If it does it will be on next release.

#24774 - 11/28/12 07:23 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
MikeS Offline

Loc: Texas
Bzer, I'm having a bit of trouble with Eleven Hack. I was able to load several rigs without trouble then out of nowhere, your app began hanging up. I've rebooted my PC and my 11R, but now EH still acts strange. It even take quite a while just to shut down after I click the "X".

I'm running Java7 on my Windows 8 machine. I'm not using PT at all.

One of the Rigs I loaded was Slowhand Blues.tfx but on my 11R it shows up as Default. IS this the naming issue that you mentioned in an earlier post?

Thanks for what looks like it will be a great tool.
Mike

#24775 - 11/28/12 07:53 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: MikeS]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

No, the slowdown should not be related to the naming problem.
Somebody on the forum already mentioned a very slow interaction with the device once.
I never could reproduce it. It should not happen the way the software is written but it is probably not bulletproof. So it might be a bug.
If I have a scenario that reproduces the bug systematically on windows, I might be able to do something about it, I kept a hard drive with a windows somewhere for testing.
On next version, I implement better error handling, but I am not sure it will have any incidence on a transmit/receive problem.

#24788 - 11/28/12 02:47 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

Hi!
Good news, I could save a rig and modify it's name on the device from ElevenHack!
It should solve to inconsistencies in rig names due to strange Pro Tools behavior.
No need for dirty tricks such as maintaining an external list of rig names.

That is very good news.
Dont hold your breath for the release, I still have a lot of work to make it work properly in ElevenHack.
But there should be no showstoppers now from those features!

I also implemented user interface for tuner and main volume. It is not functioning for the moment, but next version takes shape.

#24789 - 11/28/12 02:56 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
Holyoli Offline

Loc: Belgium
Thumbs up !

#24791 - 11/28/12 03:15 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Holyoli]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

Adding Volume and Tuner....that is starting to sound like an Editor!

#24793 - 11/28/12 03:53 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: Bzer
Hi!
Good news, I could save a rig and modify it's name on the device from ElevenHack!
It should solve to inconsistencies in rig names due to strange Pro Tools behavior.
No need for dirty tricks such as maintaining an external list of rig names.

That is very good news.
Dont hold your breath for the release, I still have a lot of work to make it work properly in ElevenHack.
But there should be no showstoppers now from those features!

I also implemented user interface for tuner and main volume. It is not functioning for the moment, but next version takes shape.

Brother, all I can say is you are BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

Thanks for all the TIME and HARD WORK you have put into this man.

#24796 - 11/28/12 05:08 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Str@man]
Lurgar Offline

Drag and drop!

I'm referring to the idea that sometimes I want to rearrange the patches within the 11R and hate having to go through the hassle of saving them. I want to be really lazy and just drag and drop them where I want them. Default behavior would of course be to overwrite when dropped into a location.

It's just an idea, you're doing an awesome job Bzer smile

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >