Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24623 - 11/25/12 10:25 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 ***** [Re: aussiebail]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
Originally Posted By: aussiebail
Str@man you are the 11r Whisperer! I sometimes get lost with words...but pictures, now your talking my language! grin

I appreciate the help brother!

LOL, I hope it helps man and thanks for the kind words smile

#24674 - 11/27/12 02:15 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Str@man]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

Hi all!
I just noticed that I forgot a link to the faq on the web site.
I added it on the main page.
Feel free to make suggestions to new faqs!
For those who could make it work. Could you post your working configs? I will add those information on the web site.

Small update: I am focusing on tfx writing, I have some bugs for now but I know where to put my efforts.
I took note on all feedback I received. There are very good ideas. I will focus on most useful ans simple stuff. I start to have many ideas on the todo list smile
I need also to finish documenting all the values of the tfx file format.

Thanks again for all the cool feedback and encouragements!

#24675 - 11/27/12 02:36 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
Holyoli Offline

Loc: Belgium
Thank you Bzer !

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me right now, because of the naming problem, but I hope you will find a solution.

Cheers

#24748 - 11/27/12 11:20 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Holyoli]
Gerry Offline
advanced member

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
let be know what values in TFX you need and I can help you out with effect ID's and param values. Also there is a sysex command that renames a rig on th 11R. You need to use the filename when loading and saving a preset.

#24759 - 11/28/12 01:10 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Gerry]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

I almost finished mapping the values.
I will probably implement a quick preview similar to what's available on the device itself with effect overview for a given rig when you select a rig on the device or load it.

Using the file name can pose more problems that it solves.
There can be some strange characters (accents, for instance) or some oddities in some languages that cannot be stored in the device. Some file systems are case insensitive, some other are not... I already considered this potential solution but it might bring more problems and ambiguities than it solves.
I already can rename rigs, I wrote a kind of command interpreter to crack the usb protocol. I can do it in command line, but I have to integrate it elegantly in the software in a way it does not create the same kind of problems than Pro Tools with it's multiple names.

For the moment, I still have a bug in rig saving, but it should be fixed in an evening. I am getting closer!
Then I will work on integrating the rename.

#24760 - 11/28/12 01:28 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
Gerry Offline
advanced member

It baffles me why the programmers didnt use a simple ID based system from the start. there was a change Pre/Post exp pack in the way the Ids for amps, mics, cabs etc were numbered.

#24761 - 11/28/12 01:44 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Gerry]
Gerry Offline
advanced member

Should be easy to filter out unwanted filname chars

#24762 - 11/28/12 02:21 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
MRJSTUDIOS Offline
advanced member

Hey guys, I was just using ElevenHack 1.0 today while I was playing guitar. It's soooo much easier and convenient to click through and audition rigs using my mouse than having to get up and reach over to the 11R and use the knob.

I did run into one thing while I was playing though. I realized that I was really missing a tuner on/off button in the software.

I can't remember if you said you discovered that function yet, or how it was controlled. Is it among the same type of control as, for example, the master volume?

Obviously, keep working at your own pace -- you are doing fantastic work. I just noticed that a tuner on/off would be a nice little addition once I used the software for an extended amount of time.

The other thing -- I haven't had the rig name changing problem again since I found those 3-4 of my personal rigs that have that problem. No other rigs since then have had any issues at all!

#24763 - 11/28/12 03:05 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Gerry]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

Yes, but could lead to more names collisions.
Why use a 2 steps naming while the original rig name is in the file? It should be used as a reference, and shoudl be modifiable on the 11R and the user should be able to save the tfx with the new rig name.
Form the moment, it is the way I will try to solve the problem.

About the effect IDs, I did not thought that they would change the names with the new firmware.
If you have those corresponding mapping between old and new, I am interested!

#24764 - 11/28/12 03:24 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: MRJSTUDIOS]
Gerry Offline
advanced member

To set Volume to 0.0 to 5.0 send sysex
F0 13 0B 0F 00 36 00 [40..7F] 00 00 00 00 F7

To set Volume to 5.1 to 10.0 send sysex
F0 13 0B 0F 00 36 00 [00..3F] 00 00 00 00 F7

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >