Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24594 - 11/24/12 04:02 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 ***** [Re: Bzer]
Holyoli Offline

Loc: Belgium
Originally Posted By: Bzer

The connection can fail if you have an other instance of ElevenHack running somewhere, or PT running because it has already opened the midi ports.

Yes I understand, but there was just 1 instance of Elevenhack running, no PT

I will try to put a user friendly message when the connection fail.
Cool...
Actualy, it doesn't fail, it's just that the correct selected midi connection doesn't appear in the midi in out window. So it can be confusing... Maybe

Please, see the many other posts on this thread concerning the rig naming. There are explanations, I use internal rig name, not file name, and not the name PT has somewhere stored in it's database.

I did, hence my previous PM.

Yes, you are correct, when you load a rig it saves it on the device and replace the current rig. I could make it an option such as "Save rig on load". That's a good idea.

Great. Seeing further, a nice option would be, as you mentionned it in a previous post, a "save all rigs", or "save selected rigs"

I understand that my software works differently from PT and that it might be confusing. I am sorry about that, I dont know PT, I don't use it, it does not work on my system. That's the reason why I wrote ElevenHack.

Don't be sorry at all, it doesn't have to work the same way and you you have done great work. I'm just posting to give my feedback in a positive way, so maybe you can find a solution to the naming problem, and maybe the others users can find some info / answers.

Thank you very much again.
Olivier.

#24599 - 11/24/12 11:02 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Holyoli]
Ciscokid Offline
advanced member

I'm completely blown away by how cool this program is. I would buy you all many many fine women if you lived near me ;-)

Is it me or do preset changes seem instant with the hack?

I think Avid should be ashamed that they let there complete lack of interest and involvement with the 11R community, result in the end users developing there own tools to make the unit even better.

#24600 - 11/24/12 12:11 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Ciscokid]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Loc: Kentucky
I think I speak for the entire 11R community when I say we are all more than willing to relocate..... wink grin whistle

#24604 - 11/24/12 12:39 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Ciscokid]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: Ciscokid

Is it me or do preset changes seem instant with the hack?

I think Avid should be ashamed that they let there complete lack of interest and involvement with the 11R community, result in the end users developing there own tools to make the unit even better.

Mine changes faster than it did before.

I agree! For over 2 yrs many 11R users have BEGGED them to do this and they didn't even care enough about us as customers to REPLY back to us...... very sad indeed, and I USED to be a supporter of Avid, but I can't say that anymore.....

#24606 - 11/24/12 12:49 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Str@man]
misfit Offline
advanced member

Originally Posted By: Str@man
I think I speak for the entire 11R community when I say we are all more than willing to relocate..... wink grin whistle

grin grin grin

#24608 - 11/24/12 01:33 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: misfit]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

If someone was "Theoretically" having a problem with getting this to work? Can someone tell me explain how to setup the midi to get this to work?

#24611 - 11/24/12 02:33 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: aussiebail]
Str@man Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: aussiebail
If someone was "Theoretically" having a problem with getting this to work? Can someone tell me explain how to setup the midi to get this to work?

Well, as long as it is just in "theory" wink

Make sure you have your 11R turned on (I found that whispering to it gently works the best) and that the usb cord is connected BEFORE you start the 11-Hack.

What worked for me (I use a Windows PC running XP), was to click on "Device" and then click on "Midi" and that gave me a drop-down list and for input I chose "Eleven Rack No details available" and then for output I choose Eleven Rack External MIDI Port and then I clicked on "OK" and the names of my patches showed up in the list.

Here's a pix that may be helpful:

Edited by Str@man (11/24/12 03:02 PM)

#24613 - 11/24/12 06:12 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Str@man]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

Str@man you are the 11r Whisperer! I sometimes get lost with words...but pictures, now your talking my language! grin

I appreciate the help brother!

#24618 - 11/25/12 04:10 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: misfit]
JulianMartin Offline

Loc: France
Quote:
Go here:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html
I'm not seeing them state any OS restrictions for it.
Java SE 7u9 is the one you're interested in. Once installed proceed to install the mmj stuff. Follow the instructions that are supplied with it. Hope that helps.

Hi !

Thanks for the reply, I tried to download it of course but you can't install it. It clearly says "Snow Leopard is not supported. You can't install blah blah blah" and the installer closes.

From what I understand, until Lion, Apple was in charge of his own Java for OSX development.

Since Lion they allow other dev (Or Oracle only) to create, or to be in charge of a more "universal" version of Java for OSX.

So as long as you stay with SL you're screwed with Oracle... But would it works better with the Orcale version ? Who knows...

Anyway I keep the faith, I'm pretty sure our Bzer will make a lot of improvements and it will work perfectly one day or another ! wink

Edited by JulianMartin (11/25/12 04:12 AM)

#24620 - 11/25/12 07:49 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: JulianMartin]
misfit Offline
advanced member

hmmm....I quickly looked to see if it stated any prereq's but didn't see any. frown

Page 5 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >