Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#24555 - 11/23/12 06:01 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 ***** [Re: misfit]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

There is a possible explanation.
The file name is probably not the same as the rig name.
Inside the TFX file, the rig name is stored.
If, for instance, you choose on the 11R a rig named A.
You tweak it, so it sound really differently, then with PT, you save it with an other name B, the internal name stored in the file should be A.
So the file name and the real rig name are different.

I can check that, could you provide your rig tfx file so I look at the internal name ?

#24556 - 11/23/12 06:18 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
LaVigie Offline
advanced member

Loc: France
Ok, thanks for the leads.
I will try to load the same files with PT (need to use another computer, the 11hack is so much easier!)
Of course I can send you the files, need your email.
I have a couple things to try!

#24558 - 11/23/12 06:56 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: LaVigie]
LaVigie Offline
advanced member

Alright, I performed a few checkpoints:
- On a PC, even when isolated to another folder the presets are still confused with other presets when saved to 11R (Blues Saraceno becomes PleXTC, Nuno Bettencourt becomes Marco Sfogli)
- I opened the same presets, same folder with PT (mac) and 11R loads the correct preset (same name, and amp models are different from PleXTC or Sfogli presets, so I gather the presets themselves are different, not just the name)

don't if anyone else got the issue, my PC is Vista Home 32bits (desperately wanna upgrade to 7).
But this issue only occured in one folder (despite rebooting 11hack), all other attempts were perfect.

#24559 - 11/23/12 07:14 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: LaVigie]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

Please, send me the files at bzerkATfreeDOTcom.
I will look at them and try to understand.

#24561 - 11/23/12 08:36 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
Holyoli Offline

Loc: Belgium
You've got mail

#24562 - 11/23/12 09:04 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Holyoli]
LaVigie Offline
advanced member

I've just sent an email entitled "11R presets files wrongfully loaded" to bzerkATfreeDOTfr wink

#24563 - 11/23/12 09:30 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: LaVigie]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

I answered, here is a copy of the reply, it might interest some other having the same question.

I analyzed the files, the internal name of the rig is exactly "PleXTC" for Blues saraceno and "Marco Sfogli" for the other one. Those are the names stored by ProTools inside the rig.
I think that in certain circumstances we have to discover ProTools does not uses the internal name of the rig. For instance, if the rig is part of a project, or a library of rigs...
I saw that PT issues some rename command when it loads a rig. Most part of the time, it re-uses the names from the rig itself, but there must be a PT feature that rename the rig without modifying the internal rig.

Of course, the only information I have is the internal rig name (and the file name). So I use it.

An option would be to use the file name and force it on the device after the rig loaded. I don't know if it is a good idea and if it will not introduce some other confusion, as a file name might have some weird characters or be too long...

What would be cool is to discover when PT alters the rig name this way to document it. I would add it to the FAQ.

#24564 - 11/23/12 09:38 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
singtall Offline
veteran member

Loc: Louisiana
many times when i make a new preset, i start by using a preset that is already in the right neighborhood; Blues Saraceno started out from PleXTC....then i tweaked until i got the sound a wanted, then i saved it. Protools does some weird crap in naming the presets it appears.

you can load PleXTC and try it, then load the Blues Saraceno preset and verify that even though the preset name loaded is the same, tonally they are not the same. from there you can manually rename the preset in your eleven rack if you want to.

#24566 - 11/23/12 11:05 AM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: singtall]
Bzer Online   content
advanced member

I could implement a rename feature, that's a cool idea!

#24567 - 11/23/12 12:12 PM Re: ElevenHack Rig Manager V1 [Re: Bzer]
Mister_Riff Offline
veteran member

Loc: Belgium
WOW!!! This is really cool Bzer!

Heaps of good karma are coming your way grin

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >