Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#19420 - 05/15/12 12:00 AM Re: So, who are our members? ***** [Re: X-Mann]
Mister_Riff Offline
veteran member

Loc: Belgium
How old are you (range)?
I'm 23 years old grin

How long have you been playing guitar (range)?
I started playing on my 16th birthday so that would be 7 years ... Man I suck to be playing 7 years laugh

What style(s) do you play?
Primarily Heavy Metal but sometimes Blues and jazz fusiony backingstuff. I also like to cover 8bit music on guitar ( For those who don't know what 8bit is)

Do you play other instruments? Which ones?
I started playing bass a couple of months back.

Are you in a band (or have you been)?
Sadly never been in a band frown My local scene totally sucks: everyone who plays an instrument seems to be in either the most brutal of death metal or songwriterstuff ... Just the other day I travelled 4 hours with a friend to see Periphery ... which is crazy since in 5 hours you can make it from one border to the other in Belgium (small country laugh). Most bands also refuse to play in Belgium because of the ridiculious DB-rules frown

Do you play (or have you ever played) professionally (full time)?
Nope

X-Mann's Questions:
1) Do you record with your Eleven Rack?
Yes! Nearly every day ...

2) If so, do you record covers & or originals?
I record some covers (the music I like is crazy difficult) but I mostly record some crappy metal backings or remixes of video game music. cool

3) Have you ever used your Eleven Rack out at a live gig?
Nope

5) What are your other favorite hobbies besides music & guitar playing?
Me and my best friend (been friends for 20 years now) get together once or twice a week to play some Call of Duty and watch movies.

Optional Q: Married, single
Single

#19424 - 05/15/12 01:42 AM Re: So, who are our members? [Re: Mister_Riff]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
39 year old male with 26 years of guitar playing/teaching/recording, seeking someone that likes 80s metal and glam (or pretends to) and looks SUPER HOT!

I've never done the live thing, but like the occasional live get together, or just watching someone else. When I'm watching something live, my tastes open up quite a bit. I can enjoy some country live, blues is just 10x better, jazz is pretty cool too.

I like to do other stuff, but mostly just like to make sure the kids have tons of games and things to do. I'd like to hit an arcade, go for walks, church service, just hang out with friends and family and do whatever.

Getting kinda old, and was pretty unhealthy so I guess it's a hobby to try and get back in shape lol. I bench pressed for the first time I don't know how many years have passed. My back I think is getting much better and everything's coming together for my health this year.

I have three "jobs" I guess (four if you count "dad") but don't really make a lot of money. But those are very awesome and tell you a lot about what I like to do: Write, Shoot Video, Play with software, buy & sell electronics, make kids laugh. I like consulting and solving problems too. The bigger the problem, the better (unless it's mine then I can't consult myself). Always an answer for everything.

The key to success in music I think, and my best work in recording was to record an album in a studio situation and realize just how tough it is to perform vs. all the time in the world to do punch ins and retakes in Pro Tools & Cakewalk. Spending a day trying to record 12 songs really makes you appreciate spending a week to record one lol.

BTW success=just doing it.

Play on your worst day and see what you got.

Play on your best day and have fun with it.

Play those extra harmonies and guitars when you already think it's good enough. I'm no Vai, but I could make a few lol

Be happy when you got the time and put something down even if it SUCKS! lol

#19426 - 05/15/12 01:59 AM Re: So, who are our members? [Re: TLTD]
TLTD Offline
veteran member

Loc: Michigan
Oh, here's what I did before I got injured. Absolutely no guitar time whatsoever, but was a fun job.

Trucking Around the US!

I hope to see the country again, and some of these spots. But actually get out of the truck and look around, maybe shoot some videos of the whole tour and make it a travel documentary and try to show some things that people don't realize are nice to see...like how cool some stuff is at night with all the lights, etc. Some roadways and cities are so beautiful. You get caught up in all the day traffic and rushing around and miss a lot of it.

#19431 - 05/15/12 06:32 AM Re: So, who are our members? [Re: TLTD]
crhfish Offline
advanced member

How old are you (range)?
I'm 52.

I started playing my freshman year of college. Played through college, started working and quit until I picked it back up about 6 years ago.

Mostly Rock but I do play some bluegrass also.

Not any more, played Sax for years when i was younger.

I played for money for about 5 years in my late high school and early college days but not on guitar. I played sax in Jazz bands, pop bands and for theater.

Sorta, when I played in my early years on sax and a few other instruments, it was my only source of income but i was going to school, not working full time.

X-Mann's Questions:
Yes!

I have finished three original songs. Working on some more.

Nope

I'm retired and travel quite a bit. I also fish at least once a week. I also spend as much time with my kids as I can. They are grown and working now but live close.

Married 30 years.

#19432 - 05/15/12 07:01 AM Re: So, who are our members? [Re: moff40]
rodakamalfl Offline
advanced member

Loc: Sarasota, FL, USA
How old are you?
[b]I am 44 (man where did the last 20 years go?

How long have you been playing guitar?
Have played for 30 years and still try to play everyday

I play blues,rock, metal but now getting into Jazz/Fusion more.

Bass a little

Yes I play in a professional AC/DC Tribute Band

Do you play (or have you ever played) professionally (full time)? Never played full-time, but for last 10 years have done the ac/dc tribute gig, 3yrs in UK and 7yrs in USA

At what level do you primarily gig now (large concerts, corporate events\festivals, clubs, weddings, bar mitzvahs, house parties)?
In Highway to Hell we play major festivals all over FL, Daytona Bike Fest etc..and have played some big international shows. Some video of us live in Mexico Oct 2011 Hermosiloo

How often do you play live?
3+ times a month

#19434 - 05/15/12 08:18 AM Re: So, who are our members? [Re: crhfish]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: crhfish
How old are you (range)?
I'm 52.

I'm retired and travel quite a bit. I also fish at least once a week. I also spend as much time with my kids as I can. They are grown and working now but live close.

Brother what did you retire from? This is honestly one of my #1 goals in life and I would love to do it by 50....any advice?

#19435 - 05/15/12 08:19 AM Re: So, who are our members? [Re: moff40]
djemass Offline
advanced member

Loc: Reims, France
How old are you (range)?
37 years old

More than 22 years

Rock and derivatives.

I started singing a couple of months back.

not currently, with 2 very young children at home (the last is 7 monthes old)

Too much time ago smile? Not anymore

X-Mann's Questions:
Every day

Both.

Yes, I posted some videos in this forum of small gigs

Taking care of my children, belgian beers :p

#19436 - 05/15/12 08:22 AM Re: So, who are our members? [Re: rodakamalfl]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

Originally Posted By: rodakamalfl

At what level do you primarily gig now (large concerts, corporate events\festivals, clubs, weddings, bar mitzvahs, house parties)?
In Highway to Hell we play major festivals all over FL, Daytona Bike Fest etc..and have played some big international shows. Some video of us live in Mexico Oct 2011 Hermosiloo

Cool video man!

#19437 - 05/15/12 09:09 AM Re: So, who are our members? [Re: aussiebail]
Jase2112 Offline
advanced member

Loc: New England
How old are you (range)?

~14 years

I grew up listening to Rush and like almost all styles of music, so that comes out in my playing. Favorite players are Alex Lifeson, SRV, Jimmy Page, Dave Weiner, Andy Summers, Tim Mahoney, The Edge, Johnny Marr, Tony McManus, Martin Simpson, and a bunch more. Learning different styles from the 80's has been a real education and great for pulling my playing in new directions.

No - though I wish I could sing.

I was in a classic rock cover band for 3.5 years and have been playing in an all 80's cover band for the last seven months - we play lots of pop/rock, some hair band/hard rock, and a few one-hit wonders.

No - I'm not that good and I like my day job:)

At what level do you primarily gig now (large concerts, corporate events\festivals, clubs, weddings, bar mitzvahs, house parties)? Clubs and private parties.

How often do you play live?
2-4 times a month.

Do you record with your Eleven Rack?
A little bit. I don't know PT that well - enough to record a basic track. If I wasn't learning covers, I would be recording my own stuff and will be one of these days.

If so, do you record covers & or originals? Mostly covers for practice.

Have you ever used your Eleven Rack out at a live gig?
It's all I have and need.

If so, how did it sound & work for you?
Loving it - very happy with my tones.

What are your other favorite hobbies besides music & guitar playing? Reading, working out, and listening to RUSH wherever I go (looking forward to their tour this summer!)

Married to a very understanding wife who also loves music (great voice), and have two great kids, 11 and 5. Both already love music and know about Rush:)

#19439 - 05/15/12 09:19 AM Re: So, who are our members? [Re: Jase2112]
aussiebail Offline
veteran member

How old are you (range)?
I'll be in my mid 30's in October smile

14 yrs

90's grunge, classic rock, but I LOVE jazz and jazz fusion

Bass, keys, mandoline, some banjo, some drums ( i can keep a beat!), I can rock a shaker if I have to.
I also sing, mostly harmony if I can help it.

Not now but I was when I was younger. We would play in bars back in Pa, and I was always the rythm guitar, I actually choose the rythm on everything I play it seems. When I moved to Sc, I wanted to continue to make music, so I began learning some lead. I have my go to licks, but I'm no shredder....YET BABY!

I think it takes something special for a band to gel....it is connecting on a level many people never get to experience. I had that when I was younger playing out, and haven't come close to syncing up with other players like that in my area yet.

Nah,

At what level do you primarily gig now
Until recently I played at church every service (small church about 250-300 people). Bass for the main service, Acoustic gtr for the contemporary teen service, Piano for the young kids, and I was the baritone singer in a quartet.

I traded it all in to run sound for our church. It was too frustrating to have something go wrong every service. Music director would turn the eq fader on the board to a "V" every service and then say he couldn't hear out the monitors which would end up with louder volume and then....a squeal...yup every service. So I talked the church into buying a Studiolive mixer and I have it locked out now haha....I hope to run it from my ipad in the near future.

X-Mann's Questions:
I use a studiolive mixer for my interface, but I do use the 11r for guitar processing. My DAW is Cubase 5

mostly originals. I love the satisfaction of starting with an open session and then have a complete track when I'm finished. I might be my biggest fan....but its good for my soul haha

no I haven't....but I'm ready to!

I like shooting guns, I love technology. We live on the lake, so I love jetskiing, boating and being around water!

Married 7 years 3 kids under 6...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >